• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jdub
    replied
    Re: Best Part of Today

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
    Watching my girls perform separately and in a duet at their piano recital today. And then learning that their instructor turned 21 today! Imagine being that young and running your own piano studio while a student at UH?! I almost cried several times because of how awe inspiring this teacher and her students are!
    Right on Lavalady! That makes me smile.

Best part of today was getting to the beach at Cromwell's today for the first time in years and checking out Doris Duke's crib. And then a trip to a Manoa water hole I haven't been to in, yep, years. Hopefully the best part of today will be tonight's gig.

Leave a comment:

• lavagal
    replied

Watching my girls perform separately and in a duet at their piano recital today. And then learning that their instructor turned 21 today! Imagine being that young and running your own piano studio while a student at UH?! I almost cried several times because of how awe inspiring this teacher and her students are!

Leave a comment:

• kani-lehua
    replied

the best part of today was planting: chives, cilantro, arugula, basil, thyme, lemon cucumbers and various lettuce. oh, and found some mangoes with no fruit fly stings. weehaw!

Leave a comment:

• SusieMisajon
    replied

Sleeping late on a Saturday morning and waking up to coffee and toast.

Leave a comment:

• MyopicJoe
    replied

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
    best part of the day was seeing eric grin really big at the monster safeway as he rode around in a motorized shopping scooter in the dark.
    Haha. I haven't used Twitter, but I imagine this would be a perfect situation to use it.

"Blackout. Safeway. Choke scooters can use. No one can see. Hurry!"

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    A downtown lunch with HTers!
    Lucky you live Hawai`i!

Leave a comment:

• kstephen
    replied

the best part of today was sunshine after last nights terrible stroms.

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

what do you get when you have two only children fall in love with each other in their thirties?

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
    ...TWO BIG KIDS!!!!
    dingdingdingding!

best part of today was reading several posts in HT. lots of goodhearted people here, even if we don't always agree.

Leave a comment:

• kani-lehua
    replied

having lunch at kailua beach. loving life on this beautiful day.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

A downtown lunch with HTers!

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

Some rain! But not too much to make it crummy getting around on bus and bike.

Leave a comment:

• lavagal
    replied

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
    best part of the day was seeing eric grin really big at the monster safeway as he rode around in a motorized shopping scooter in the dark. there was a power outage when we went there so all the lights were out but they still welcomed shoppers. eric decided that the cover of darkness allowed him to indulge (without too much shame) in his long-held wish to ride the scooter while shopping. how funny to go from aisle to aisle with him in the scooter, holding our flashlights to choose produce! part of me was aghast, and i tried to dissuade him by calling him "scooter," "geezer," and "gimper" but nothing would wipe that goofy smile off his face.

he later observed on the drive home, "wow! people are so nice to you when you're riding one of those things," referring to how every few minutes, a safeway staffer would approach us and ask if we needed help.

"you dork," i said. "they were mostly doing that because the lights were out and they wanted to make sure we could see what we were trying to buy! or at least make sure we weren't stealing stuff."

"oh," he shrugged. he was still smirking to himself, though. what a doof!

...and i can't imagine loving any other doof in the world.
    YOU TWO BIG KIDS!!!!

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Best part of today was finally getting back online!
    A computer I had bought just 6 weeks ago crashed a few days ago. Well, it didn't just crash. It flat-out DIED. Make die dead. Defective unit. Arrrrgh.
    Offline for two days, but back with a new puter. Hallelujah!!!
    So much work to catch up on, I can't see straight.

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

best part of the day was seeing eric grin really big at the monster safeway as he rode around in a motorized shopping scooter in the dark. there was a power outage when we went there so all the lights were out but they still welcomed shoppers. eric decided that the cover of darkness allowed him to indulge (without too much shame) in his long-held wish to ride the scooter while shopping. how funny to go from aisle to aisle with him in the scooter, holding our flashlights to choose produce! part of me was aghast, and i tried to dissuade him by calling him "scooter," "geezer," and "gimper" but nothing would wipe that goofy smile off his face.

he later observed on the drive home, "wow! people are so nice to you when you're riding one of those things," referring to how every few minutes, a safeway staffer would approach us and ask if we needed help.

"you dork," i said. "they were mostly doing that because the lights were out and they wanted to make sure we could see what we were trying to buy! or at least make sure we weren't stealing stuff."

"oh," he shrugged. he was still smirking to himself, though. what a doof!

...and i can't imagine loving any other doof in the world.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

I haven't had the best part yet, having to clean up TWICE from doggy pee on the floors. But hey the sun's shining, the winds are blowing and it looks like a nice time to go outside with my dog and take a nap under the Avacado tree till the wife and kids come home. Okay it's getting better

Leave a comment:

Working...
X