Favorite Vacation Spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Vacation Spots

Post scenary pictures of your favorite vacation spots and of course talk story about why you love it so.

Though da 'aina will always be my favorite anything I'll start with a picture of another place I go to be near some water whilst on the CONUS.

This picture is of the view in the morning from our little place we like to stay right outside Lake Havasu, Arizona. Though the desert is stupid hot (got up to 120 F or so during my last stay) I do love the sunrises and sunsets.

I stay right outside Lake Havasu because some of the things that go on in Lake Havasu (on the lake especially) aren't exactly G rated. I take my keiki with and they have virgin eyes, I'd prefer to keep them that way, you know til they are 18 or 21 or so.
    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Re: Favorite Vacation Spots

Okay here's my critique of your photo.

Bullseye syndrome: Sun centered in the exact center of the photo. Works well in cinematography but not in stills.

Trees on the left and tree trunk on the right is distracting

Reflection on the bottom of the picture draws attention away from the visual impact of the the sun and the three tree trunks.

Too much emphasis on the foreground while the emphasis should be on the trees and the backlighting.

Orientation should be vertical

Here's a cropped version of how that picture should look like for better impact:
    Attached Files
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

In Oregon this is our favorite spot to go. If you look down to the rocks...there are tidepools with all sorts of creatures and we also sit on the rocky beach and hunt agates. We collect them as a family and camp right across the road from the beach.
      I think this beach is one of the hidden secrets of Oregon. Not many people go there and it is a bit out of the way but really beautiful.

Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I never said I took the best pictures. I was just sharing a favorite vacation spot from my very non professional digital camera photos of the last year. Eeek, I guess I have to be careful with how nice the picture I share is? LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
          I never said I took the best pictures. I was just sharing a favorite vacation spot from my very non professional digital camera photos of the last year. Eeek, I guess I have to be careful with how nice the picture I share is? LOL.
          Sorry it's just that there's beauty in every picture but it get's lost in all the clutter surrounding that award-winning shot.

Take for example Blueyecycle beach shot. Cropped for just this one area it takes on a very artistic and publishable shot. Amazing art in everyday pictures. That's why I love photography.
          Attached Files

Comment

I don't mind Craig. I love people with a super artistic eye. I'm learning a bit from you already even though I'll probably always be hopeless on the subject. Mahalo.

Comment

some of my favorite spots

On the road to Waialua

beaches along the way to Ewa Beach

Believe it or not these were taken with a disposable camera then properly cropped
              Attached Files

Comment

Yeah...but when you crop to just sand you don't see my vacation spot!
                But I did crop one a long time ago for my own use on my wallpaper!

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                  I think this beach is one of the hidden secrets of Oregon. Not many people go there and it is a bit out of the way but really beautiful.
                  It looks really cool. I've noticed a funny thing about the Oregon coast, you can just cruise down it looking for random beaches and it's not too hard to find one that's totally abandoned a lot of the time. Everyone's clustered in one of the popular areas like Cannon Beach or Seaside.

We've found some pretty nifty ones doing just that... somewhere around the central coast we found some awesome sand dunes along the beach where the wind was so strong you'd actually have to lean into it to stand up straight.

Comment

and here's Craig's photo with just one more little crop:
                    Attached Files
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Bard View Post
                      It looks really cool. I've noticed a funny thing about the Oregon coast, you can just cruise down it looking for random beaches and it's not too hard to find one that's totally abandoned a lot of the time. Everyone's clustered in one of the popular areas like Cannon Beach or Seaside.

We've found some pretty nifty ones doing just that... somewhere around the central coast we found some awesome sand dunes along the beach where the wind was so strong you'd actually have to lean into it to stand up straight.
                      Oh yeah, many areas there are like that. Hubby's parents live there and they ain't camping unless you have to find an enclosed camping spot...Crazy people!

Comment

Dubrovnik

http://images.google.com/images?q=Du...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                          and here's Craig's photo with just one more little crop:
                          Thanks for taking that tree outta the right side. I saw that one after I posted it but I was just too lazy to crop it out. As you can tell that little cropping makes a tremendous difference in how a photo presents itself.

Good eye anapuni808 I actually left that one in there as a test to anyone who may have stumbled across it. Yeah right

Comment

<modestly> thank you. the fact that I was a pro for a few years may add to my good "eye" but that was many years ago. now I just do it for fun.
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

3 words...
                              Kona Village Resort
                              Lotsa photos there!

Comment

Working...
                              X