• Show
Clear All

• craigwatanabe
    replied
    Re: Favorite Vacation Spots

some of my favorite spots

On the road to Waialua

beaches along the way to Ewa Beach

Believe it or not these were taken with a disposable camera then properly cropped
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Lei K
    replied

I don't mind Craig. I love people with a super artistic eye. I'm learning a bit from you already even though I'll probably always be hopeless on the subject. Mahalo.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
    I never said I took the best pictures. I was just sharing a favorite vacation spot from my very non professional digital camera photos of the last year. Eeek, I guess I have to be careful with how nice the picture I share is? LOL.
    Sorry it's just that there's beauty in every picture but it get's lost in all the clutter surrounding that award-winning shot.

Take for example Blueyecycle beach shot. Cropped for just this one area it takes on a very artistic and publishable shot. Amazing art in everyday pictures. That's why I love photography.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Lei K
    replied

I never said I took the best pictures. I was just sharing a favorite vacation spot from my very non professional digital camera photos of the last year. Eeek, I guess I have to be careful with how nice the picture I share is? LOL.

Leave a comment:

• blueyecicle
    replied

In Oregon this is our favorite spot to go. If you look down to the rocks...there are tidepools with all sorts of creatures and we also sit on the rocky beach and hunt agates. We collect them as a family and camp right across the road from the beach.
    I think this beach is one of the hidden secrets of Oregon. Not many people go there and it is a bit out of the way but really beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Okay here's my critique of your photo.

Bullseye syndrome: Sun centered in the exact center of the photo. Works well in cinematography but not in stills.

Trees on the left and tree trunk on the right is distracting

Reflection on the bottom of the picture draws attention away from the visual impact of the the sun and the three tree trunks.

Too much emphasis on the foreground while the emphasis should be on the trees and the backlighting.

Orientation should be vertical

Here's a cropped version of how that picture should look like for better impact:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Lei K
    started a topic Favorite Vacation Spots

Favorite Vacation Spots

Post scenary pictures of your favorite vacation spots and of course talk story about why you love it so.

Though da 'aina will always be my favorite anything I'll start with a picture of another place I go to be near some water whilst on the CONUS.

This picture is of the view in the morning from our little place we like to stay right outside Lake Havasu, Arizona. Though the desert is stupid hot (got up to 120 F or so during my last stay) I do love the sunrises and sunsets.

I stay right outside Lake Havasu because some of the things that go on in Lake Havasu (on the lake especially) aren't exactly G rated. I take my keiki with and they have virgin eyes, I'd prefer to keep them that way, you know til they are 18 or 21 or so.
Working...
X