Driver's ED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver's ED

Just wanted to post this thread about driver's ed... I am taking private driving lessons from a professional driving school and from a professional driving instructor. I was wondering how many of you took private lessons or took driver's ed in high school?
    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Re: Driver's ED

I know we had a thread about this topic but I can't find.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I took driver's ed in high school (Calif.). It was required in my sophomore year. My kids went to private school in Hawaii. Driver's ed was not offered so I hired a private instructor. I wasn't willing to sacrifice the mother-daughter relationship by teaching them myself!

Comment

I taught my two daughters how to drive!

My eldest daughter always say it was the worst and most horrible thing I have ever done to her.heheheh

I took them both to Sand Island (Permits) and taught them for hours. Den I made Gaya drive home!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

The only Driver's Ed I ever had was my dad GRIPPING the wussy bar and yelling....HIT THE BRAKES!

I only hit one tree and 6 curbs! I don't know why he was so scared! HMPH!
          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
          Sharing withother survivors...
          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I was taught by my Pa. I learned on a stickshift and I remember shaking the truck so many times that I'd have nightmares that the truck would shake so hard it'd flip over ontop of me!
            -kp!

Comment

I took driver's ed in high school. Hmmmm I've only totalled three cars in my 30-years of driving. But they weren't my fault. First one some guy runs the red and I T-bone him. Second was in the same intersection (Waialae and Hunakai). This elderly man turns left into my path and we collide.

The third time was the Middle Street off ramp before they changed the yield. The truck in front of me is about to merge onto Middle Street and here I come up the ramp. I see him about to make the merge and I start to look back to see if the merge is clear. What I didn't see was the truck slamming on his brakes with no cars in the merge lane and I plow into his bed in my 93 VW Jetta. Even the cop says this merge sucked. About a year later they change the merge yields.

But drivers ed is a good thing. All my kids learning to drive had to go thru it and it ain't cheap either.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                I took driver's ed in high school. Hmmmm I've only totalled three cars in my 30-years of driving. But they weren't my fault. First one some guy runs the red and I T-bone him. Second was in the same intersection (Waialae and Hunakai). This elderly man turns left into my path and we collide.

Ok I up your totalled cars with one accident running through the front of a house! The porch was on my trunk!
                Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                Sharing withother survivors...
                www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I learned to drive from the sit-in video games at Fun Factory. I think those tokens spent are cheaper than a driving class.
                  Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X