X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Night At 'A'ala Park....

WHEN: 2/23/07 Friday 3:30 to 10:00 PM,
    2/24/07 Saturday noon to 10:00 PM

WHERE: 'A'ala Park, parking on the street or in nearby minicipal lots.

EVENT: There will be rides, lion dances, entertainment, & a market place,
    with plenty of food, At 7:30 PM both days, double feature will play on a 40 foot screen,
    Tomorrow (Friday) two yet-to-be named martial arts movies will be shown.
    On Saturday the event will feature two Jackie Chan movies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you know any one else who live in Oahu, Honolulu Hawaii ,
    PLEASE PASS THIS ON!!.

No Body should miss this event!!.

I'm going after work with my hubby on Saturday . Woo Hoo!!.

DON'T MISS IT NOW!!.

ALOHA.

P.S. Enjoy & have fun. =)
    Last edited by Serenity; February 22, 2007, 07:54 PM.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: Movie Night At 'A'ala Park....

That should be fun. I can't wait.

Woo Hoo!!.
    Aches & Pains

Comment

I've been curious about this event for the past month. The thing that's driving me crazy is that there's no mention of what movies are playing. Being that I'm not a big martial arts flick fan, I definitely want to know the movies before I go. I'm hoping that my email to the mayor's arts/cultural people will result in an answer, and if so, I'll be sure to post here! Searches online have not provided me with the names of the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
        I've been curious about this event for the past month. The thing that's driving me crazy is that there's no mention of what movies are playing. Being that I'm not a big martial arts flick fan, I definitely want to know the movies before I go. I'm hoping that my email to the mayor's arts/cultural people will result in an answer, and if so, I'll be sure to post here! Searches online have not provided me with the names of the movies.
        huh?. =|

My hubby showed that ad to me, & it is on the Honolulu Advertiser Newspaper on page B3
        (dated today - 02/22/07 Thursday) on the bottom, it's a small ad, look under the bold heading: "Will movies fix 'A'ala's ills?"

Look under "URBAN HONOLULU" in red color.

After the last paragraph of that story (" We really want to turn it into sunset on the beach." Chang said) .

That's where my hubby found that ad.

*If that hleps any (I hope).
        Aches & Pains

Comment

Oh, so that's what the tents are for. I thought they were finally giving tents to the homeless.
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
            Oh, so that's what the tents are for. I thought they were finally giving tents to the homeless.

You wish. lol.

I don't think that will ever happen. sorry.
            Aches & Pains

Comment

I wonder if the grounds will be cleared of any used syringe needles that may lay in wait in the grass for someone to get stabbed with.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                huh?. =|

My hubby showed that ad to me, & it is on the Honolulu Advertiser Newspaper on page B3
                (dated today - 02/22/07 Thursday) on the bottom, it's a small ad, look under the bold heading: "Will movies fix 'A'ala's ills?"

Look under "URBAN HONOLULU" in red color.
                I hate to say it, but I don't buy the local papers. I usually look online for news. If I do a search on Google on "movie night Aala Park," nothing comes up specifying what movies are playing. I understand there are martial arts movies playing. I know that the Honolulu band is playing there. I know that one group is selling malassadas there as a fundraiser. I can even find the Chinatown website blurb about it and the original Chinatown ideas info on it. But nothing about the names of the movies that are playing. I want to know the NAMES of the films.

For Sunset on the Beach, I can usually go to the Waikiki Improvement website to get the names of the movies being played, and it used to be that if they didn't update their website, I could email them and find out what movies were playing. I'm just frustrated that there's no website lising the names of the Aala Park movies.

Thanks for Honolulu Advertiser article, though...when I searched for it online thru Honolulu Advertiser specifically, I found this: "Tomorrow, two yet-to-be-named martial arts movies will be shown. On Saturday, the event will feature two Jackie Chan movies. "

That helps a little...but I STILL want to know the names of the movies. Call me picky. I don't want to drive there, look for parking, and then find out that I have no interest in the movies playing. I guess I'm lazy like that.
                Last edited by AbsolutChaos; February 23, 2007, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                  I wonder if the grounds will be cleared of any used syringe needles that may lay in wait in the grass for someone to get stabbed with.
                  Craig, FYI ~ Aala Park is patrolled regularly by HPD and is not like it was before. ALL Homeless People must be out of the Park by 9:00 p.m. They can be found sleeping in front of businesses and anywhere they can find in Chinatown.

More than likely, they will be told to move earlier. How sad, for they are Citizens too. As far as Syringe needles being found? No. The Park's Maintenance Dept. is tops.

Auntie Lynn
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; February 23, 2007, 05:16 AM.
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                    You wish. lol.

I don't think that will ever happen. sorry.
                    Just saw this. It did happen before when Former Mayor Frank Fasi was in Office. Who knows...it can happen again. Nothing is impossible. Especially, with the rising problems of the Homeless situation.

Tents in Aala Park? It's a very good idea and one that should be looked into.

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                      They can be found sleeping in front of businesses and anywhere they can find in Chinatown.
                      oh, no wonder when I come in the morning, my front door smells stink.

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                        oh, no wonder when I come in the morning, my front door smells stink.
                        Too funny!. lol.
                        Aches & Pains

Comment

Just saw this. It did happen before when Former Mayor Frank Fasi was in Office. Who knows...it can happen again. Nothing is impossible. Especially, with the rising problems of the Homeless situation.

Auntie Lynn
                          Oh, sorry, I didn't know that it did happen before.

I wish they would get more space for them to live, than just sleeping infront of buisness offices, etc.

One building is just not enough for them at all.

Well, that's my two cents.

Aloha.
                          Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
                            I hate to say it, but I don't buy the local papers. I usually look online for news. If I do a search on Google on "movie night Aala Park," nothing comes up specifying what movies are playing. I understand there are martial arts movies playing. I know that the Honolulu band is playing there. I know that one group is selling malassadas there as a fundraiser. I can even find the Chinatown website blurb about it and the original Chinatown ideas info on it. But nothing about the names of the movies that are playing. I want to know the NAMES of the films.

For Sunset on the Beach, I can usually go to the Waikiki Improvement website to get the names of the movies being played, and it used to be that if they didn't update their website, I could email them and find out what movies were playing. I'm just frustrated that there's no website lising the names of the Aala Park movies.

Thanks for Honolulu Advertiser article, though...when I searched for it online thru Honolulu Advertiser specifically, I found this: "Tomorrow, two yet-to-be-named martial arts movies will be shown. On Saturday, the event will feature two Jackie Chan movies. "

That helps a little...but I STILL want to know the names of the movies. Call me picky. I don't want to drive there, look for parking, and then find out that I have no interest in the movies playing. I guess I'm lazy like that.
                            As far any Jackie Chan Movies, I don't care what type or what kind, I like to watch his movies quite a lot, so it doesn't matter what is showing as along as he is in it .

If you really would like to know, & they don't have any names of the title listed, then you can always e-mail them or call them. That would be the easiest way to do it. If I was worried about it, & wanted to know, that's what I would do. .

Aloha. =)
                            Aches & Pains

Comment

Great. Just what we need: permanent camping at a park!

Now that I think about it, I'm seeing more and more homeless people (or maybe its just people who don't know how to change their clothes everyday) around here everyday.

I hope the city is taking the homeless to the Kaka'ako homeless shelter, because I don't see dozens of people walking from A'ala to Kaka'ako (or even worse: taking the bus down there)

Comment

Working...
                              X