Ladies...do you feel invisible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies...do you feel invisible?

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Lavagal's new column. The older I get the more I enjoy being "invisible"; the enjoyment I consider more a byproduct of my job than my age! So, ladies over 40...have you experienced this same phenomenon? Men...do you agree? Disagree? Heck...do you experience it too?

Inquiring minds wanna know!

Re: Ladies...do you feel invisible?

Ladies in their 40's are more visible in my eyes. Isn't a woman in her 40's supposed to be in her sexual prime? that would make her more appealing, not less.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
      Ladies in their 40's are more visible in my eyes. Isn't a woman in her 40's supposed to be in her sexual prime? that would make her more appealing, not less.

But, men are supposedly at their peak at 18!

So, I was already going downhill when I started ...........

Comment

It seems to have struck a note with some, but only women have told me that they liked it. Which is OK. I can't fault guys if they don't like it, but I just wonder if they realize the phenomenom. Also, I do find it convenient to be invisible SOMETIMES. But I don't like to be invisible all the time. It's like the beginning of the end. Why be here? That sort of thing. Thanks to those of you who read the column. I also wrote a story about the Mayor. Given the publication I'm in, you won't find breaking or stunning news, so I just try to write a good story.

Aloha!
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Yeah sometimes the aging causes you to be invisible. But aging is only one factor in not be noticed or eye catching.

If anything, the problem is more about people's shallowness. Respect people equally and don't treat the pretty ones better.

Comment

Sounds like you just want to get laid more. So go find some 18 year old boys and take a few of them home with you. They will NOTICE you. And since women in their 40's are in their sexual prime, and men at 18 the same, then it should be a perfect fit.

Problem Solved. You're welcome.
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

My wife probably can attest to being invisible... when I'm watching a great game on TV. No fault of hers, she's beautiful... probably just a quirk that God outfitted Adam with when they pissed Him off.

Nice article btw.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                Sounds like you just want to get laid more. So go find some 18 year old boys and take a few of them home with you. They will NOTICE you. And since women in their 40's are in their sexual prime, and men at 18 the same, then it should be a perfect fit.

Problem Solved. You're welcome.
                "You" as in Lavagal or "you" as in women over 40? Regardless, that was a rotten comment, Tim. I, like anapuni808, tend to stay away from replying to anything you write but this one was just downright misogynistic (at most) and stupid (at least).
                Last edited by tutusue; March 4, 2007, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Well Tutu, just saying what others were thinking. Kill the messenger !!!
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

So people are thinking my writing this column indicates I need to get laid? I'm certainly not invisible to my husband, and I am not trolling for teenagers. Still, it's enlightening to get this kind of feedback from the "messenger."
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Um, that's not what I was thinking! Who are the "others?"

Comment

lavagal: I enjoyed reading your article. When I first started in the working world, I had some trouble getting some people (mostly older business guys not not entirely) to take me seriously and an older gentleman with whom I worked would tell me that it would get better when I got some gray hair. I do find I am less ignored workwise now that I've been doing this for a while. Of course, some of it is a function of becoming better known in the area in which I work but I do believe a little of it is no longer looking like a young woman. But in non-work situations, I do find that I sometimes feel invisible.

Comment

Reread my message below. I've emphasized something:
                          Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                          "You" as in Lavagal or "you" as in women over 40? Regardless, that was a rotten comment, Tim. I, like anapuni808, tend to stay away from replying to anything you write but this one was just downright misogynistic (at most) and stupid (at least).
                          Ok...now let's try this again...in plainer English...
                          I killed the message.
                          I referred to your comment as rotten. It was and still is.
                          See the words "write" and "this one" in the emphasized part of the quote above? I thought so.
                          Do you see me calling you, Tim the messenger, rotten, misogynistic or stupid...such as "you are a rotten, misoynistic and stupid person"? I didn't think so.
                          You're welcome.
                          Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
                          Um, that's not what I was thinking! Who are the "others?"
                          Do ya think he meant the other...guys?!!!

Comment

Perhaps I am the one to blame. I was the first to throw out the "sexual prime" comment (in a kidding way) so I apologize but I honestly do often find women in their 40's to be appealing (I don't mean in a purely physical way either) and not at all invisible.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
                              Perhaps I am the one to blame. I was the first to throw out the "sexual prime" comment (in a kidding way) so I apologize but I honestly do often find women in their 40's to be appealing (I don't mean in a purely physical way either) and not at all invisible.
                              I will also assume some of the blame. I was only trying to make fun of myself as a "late-comer" in the facts of life (already on a downhill slide when I started).

Comment

Working...
                              X