Honolulu Family Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honolulu Family Festival

The Honolulu Family Festival kicks off today!!! Happening through Sunday! Lots of rides, activities, food and entertainment.

Admission is FREE.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Honolulu Family Festival

I would just like to add a heads up on the festival. I went to the E.K. Fernandez website and it states that the wristband that allows one to ride rides over and over will be limited to very screwed up hours. The wristbands will be allowed only during these hours:
    March 29 Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm
    April 1 Sunday 6:00pm-10:00pm

I called E.K. Fernandez to inquire about this and was told you have to purchase ride coupons during all other hours. When questoned, Ipo Silva told me that this is their usual procedure at all carnivals. I know that it is not true for I go to almost all the fairs and carnivals. In fact the recent Sports Festival allowed the use of the wristband during almost all daylight hours on Saturday and Sunday.

Anyway just be ready for this and take some extra cash so the keiki won't be disappointed.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, there were 2 different wrist bands that had to be purchased - one for Noon - 6 -p.m. and the other for 6 p.m. to closing....

Comment

Yes, I noticed that the bands are only available for evening sessions on Thursday and Sunday too.

It's just another way for them to get more money out of us! They know that most people can't go until Friday and Saturday so they're making us pay for every ride our kids want to go on!!

Free entry but big time costs for the rides. SLICK!!!
        Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
        My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
          Free entry but big time costs for the rides. SLICK!!!
          You know who we can blame foa dat eh? Da same guy responsible for evictions on dee Homeless thread!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
            [...]Free entry but big time costs for the rides. SLICK!!!
            IIRC, the income from the festival goes toward maintaining that much used park...and, to pay the vendors! Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Da Mayah seems so proud of the fact that admission is free. Ppphhhhhtttt! Eh, I voted....but not for him. Free admission is pointless when a family of 3 can easily go through $150 in only a 3 hour, give or take, evening of food and rides. Aside from plate lunches, which are provided by outside vendors, everything else is EKF. All the carnival faves like funnel cakes, popcorn or cotton candy are EKF and we no longer buy them. To gosh darned expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                IIRC, the income from the festival goes toward maintaining that much used park...and, to pay the vendors! Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
                All the TV ads I saw said the same thing: the profits will go towards maintaining Ala Moana Park, which is where I used to spend many days as a toddler. It will be interesting to see how much money actually does go into that maintenance fund v. expenses.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  Aside from EKF, why pay the vendors? I'd think they're the ones who have to pay a fee to be there which is usually how it works. EKF probably has somekind of deal with the Mayor's office. Who knows what that could be about. Without EKF, there'd be on Honolulu Festival. They're the only action in town for providing midway rides and games. He probably has them for a percentage and that could be an incentive to keep their prices at the maximum.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
                    Da Mayah seems so proud of the fact that admission is free. Ppphhhhhtttt! Eh, I voted....but not for him.
                    HAHAHAHA...ME too.

I voted foa the other guy. Duke B.heheheh

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Aside from EKF, why pay the vendors? I'd think they're the ones who have to pay a fee to be there which is usually how it works. EKF probably has somekind of deal with the Mayor's office. Who knows what that could be about. Without EKF, there'd be on Honolulu Festival. They're the only action in town for providing midway rides and games. He probably has them for a percentage and that could be an incentive to keep their prices at the maximum.
                      I didn't realize that EKF had such a stake in the festival. A percentage makes sense. Miulang used a more appropriate word for what I was trying to convey...profits! My brain is working undertime today!

Comment

I have no problem with money going to a fund to maintain the park, but do they have to gouge the people at the same time? What about all the sponsors don't they also contribute money to have their names on those huge banners? I just don't get the idea of calling it a Family Festival and then making it one of the more costly carnivals to attend. Okay I pau because I still going anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani View Post
                          I have no problem with money going to a fund to maintain the park, but do they have to gouge the people at the same time? What about all the sponsors don't they also contribute money to have their names on those huge banners? I just don't get the idea of calling it a Family Festival and then making it one of the more costly carnivals to attend. Okay I pau because I still going anyway.
                          Das my point when I complained. It's only a carnival fercryingoutloud!. Nothing special about it. Not like 50th State Fair. Da mayor is toting it as a "Family" event and most families just can't afford to go. Btw, we were going, but bailed out. I'm still sick and the wife didn't want to deal with my moaning and groaning about parking and the cost.

Kayden, all pau awready. Weekend is here and there's no way we're going to drive all the way out there. It was Thursday night or not at all.

Sorry Auntie for turning this into a bit of a rant.

Comment

Kayden, all pau awready. Weekend is here and there's no way we're going to drive all the way out there. It was Thursday night or not at all.

Sorry Auntie for turning this into a bit of a rant.
                            Das ok. I neba go either....too expensive!

HAHAHAHAHHA

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Ok...PK and I tried to go tonight but we couldn't find a parking space. Instead we went to Chinatown! Moa cheap & moa entertaining!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                              X