No announcement yet.

Lion King tickets on sale Saturday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lion King tickets on sale Saturday...

Well....that turned out to be an expensive evening. Great show! Paid $500 for B row tickets for 3 of us. Almost in the center. Might have been better further back as most scenes, there's a lot going on and hard to take it all in when you're too close. Spent another $80 for souvenirs and $100 for dinner for 3 at the Willows.

The show is a roller coaster. Got all misty during the opening. WOW! Costumes and props were really interesting. Kept telling the wife, "I want one of those."
    Getting into the characters was really easy so the emotions ran the gamut. Even our Mel did some crying.

The Disney "hype" was non-existent so it didn't feel like a Disney production. Maybe I'm a little bummed about that, for the amount of money we spent. Would have been nice if maybe Tinkerbell did a fly over dropping glitter all over our heads.

Parking....we scored a handicap stall right at the parking lot entrance. I brought my rolling walker just in case we had to walk from the arena side, but only had to use my cane. It must have been heck looking for parking as the New Product and Food Show is also going on. If you can spare an extra $20, use the valet parking. The entrance is on Ward Ave. right behind the concert hall. If not, you're a brave person. Parking is $5 in advance so have it ready.

Go early, take your time and be cool. No matter where you're sitting, you'll enjoy the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
      "Great show!... Might have been better further back as most scenes, there's a lot going on and hard to take it all in when you're too close.

The show is a roller coaster. Got all misty during the opening. WOW! Costumes and props were really interesting. Kept telling the wife, "I want one of those."
      Getting into the characters was really easy so the emotions ran the gamut. Even our Mel did some crying.

Parking....

Go early, take your time and be cool. No matter where you're sitting, you'll enjoy the show.
      Thanks for the review! Cool.
      Our seating will be upstairs, near the front.
      Looking forward to the show. Songs, costumes, etc.
      Travelling by taxi that night. No parking or drinking problems.
      10/18 8pm. show.
      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
        Thanks for the review! Cool.
        Our seating will be upstairs, near the front.
        Looking forward to the show. Songs, costumes, etc.
        Travelling by taxi that night. No parking or drinking problems.
        10/18 8pm. show.
        Wife and daughter want to see it again. This time, she's going to try and get the front row of the balcony. There are a few scenes that involve stage floor props and can't see it in the orchestra section as eye level is below the stage. You should be in good shape where you'll be sitting, also the taxi is a good way to go especially if you live in town.

Aside from the theater concession, there are other food vendors set up around the "promenade". Also a souvenir concession just inside the front doors.

If you do plan on buying a memento, I'd suggest finding a nice seat somewhere to wait about 10 to 20 minutes so the lobby and souvenir buyers clear out. It's a madhouse, especially if there's a lot of kids. The 2pm show had a LOT of kids.

Btw, the show ran a good 3 hours including the intermission, which is called about 2/3's of the way through.

Comment

"Our Roaring Weekend!"
          ___
          "Be god to each other."

Comment

Awesome! Thoroughly enjoyed our evening.
            We ate dinner at Flamingos. She had Furikake Opakapaka and a glass of wine while I had the Oxtail stew and a Heineken.

Arrived early at the concert hall, took a seat at the tables out front and had another beer/wine combo. Met this cool local family when their daughter recognized me from the museum. Had fun talking and I think made new friends.

The show... was incredible!
            The voices, costumes, set changes, humor, and more.

Ended up buying a program, towel and CD too.

If you get the chance... take it and go.
            You won't be disappointed.
            Attached Files
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Our turn to see it FINALLY came and I was not disappointed.

I loved the costumes, the sets, the music!

The only negative I had was that the sound was low during the speaking parts. I had trouble hearing all of Scar's lines.

Other than that, we all had a wonderful time and I already want to go AGAIN!!

MUFASA is HOT!!!
              Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
              My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

our family watched it on wednesday and it was very good. the most outstanding thing to me were the costumes. excellent job.

my unfortunate friend went on the next day and was BUMMED! why? cuz he said the sound system was crap throughout the whole performance!!! poor guy....
                525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

The AF was in Seattle all week and just got back last night. Tonight, it's UH football vs. NMSU.

Going tomorrow afternoon to cap off a full weekend. It's another family outing.

Comment

Through the generosity of our good friends and my wife's birthday, we got to attend Wednesday's performance. We were seated on the isle 4 rows from the back, but once my wife (5' 1") and I (6' 0") swapped seats we both had a good view of the stage. We both noticed the added curtains next to us and were rewarded when the elephant strode out from behind. Yes, the sound could have been louder, a lot of the snappy dialog involving Timon was lost, and at one point Pumba's mic began to break up. To the actors credit he "projected" all the way to the back rows.

What I noticed is that the show is better for adults up until the last scene before intermission, after which it will appeal more to the youngsters in the audience. The costumes, lighting, staging, and effects were all top notch as were the performers. A fine evening at the theater.

But oh man, the merch table is to be avoided at all costs! I still can't sit after what that thing did to my wallet.

Comment

A friend of mine is working on the Lion King - she does hair/make-up and says its a brilliant performance. Wish I could make it over there

Comment

Working...
                      X