Lion King tickets on sale Saturday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lion King tickets on sale Saturday...

6 a.m. at the Blaisdell Center Box Office.

The first 100 ticket buyers get a free Lion King CD and all others receive a free Lion King t-shirt.

Phone, outlet and online sales don't begin until 9 a.m. on Saturday.

Limited engagement begins Sept. 15th at the Blaisdell Concert Hall.

Will YOU be in line?
    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Re: Lion King tickets on sale Saturday...

I got my tickets pre-sale via an offer from Disney. I read all about the line and saw it on the evening news. I wonder how sales are going. They didn't report that, or did they?

Comment

Told the wife there's no way I'll be out there. Told her to get ahold of Ticketmasters right after the 3 hour mark.

Well she waited a couple of days and bought 3 yesterday from Ticketmasters. Lucky, but damn!....they ain't cheap. I remember way back when we went to Man of La Mancha and Camelot. I don't recall spending anywhere near the kind of money we spent just on one ticket for LK. The price we spent on one ticket would have paid for a fine dinner and good seats at the play.

Told my wife lets consider this to be a mini Disneyland trip.

Sure hope they don't have these "off Broadway" plays too often. Especially the Disney ones.

Comment

So, have any of you gone to the Lion King yet? Reviews please!

Comment

Not yet, I lagged and by 9 a.m., the earliest I could get tickets for was Oct. 25th.

I'll gladly write a review after that though... I'm so EXCITED!

According to the Advertiser, there are still a lot of good seats left for the last six weeks of the run.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...=2007709290332
          Last edited by kiwidiva; October 1, 2007, 09:37 AM.
          Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
          My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

PAPA (my Dad) bought all of us tickets, a total of (12) for the children and grandchildren on 10/13. We're all absolutely EXCITED!
            ___
            "Be god to each other."

Comment

Took my kids last week (4 and 2years 11 months). 8:00pm show. They had a really nice experience, dressing up, acting like big grown ups, ordering juice and eating Hokulani cookies from the snackbar, getting a program...

The were pretty well behaved and sat attentively for almost the entire show (till the fell asleep) but when the hyenas scenes started they were a little freaked out. So were a few other little kids but overall, they had a good time.

If you can sit near the end, it's a plus as the animals walk down the aisles to get to the stage. I'd prefer to take the kids to the afternoon show but the evening show was a great expereince in a different way.

Comment

Oct. 12.

Comment

I'm going this Sunday 10/7!
                  I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Anyone know how the parking is, especially the handicapped stalls? We got tickets for the 2pm show.
                    Valet parking available? Mahalo.

Comment

Don't know how long this offer lasts, but we went to the show and decided to go eat afterwards at Ward Warehouse. Was pleasantly surprised to find that Kincaid's is offering a free appetizer (up to $14 value) if you have your ticket stub from that night's show, which for us meant free Calamari! BTW, enjoyed the show too!

Comment

Believe it or not, I met a couple who've never seen the original animated movie... not even on VHS or DVD, let alone in a theater. I suddenly had to explain the characters & plot to them before I could even talk about how the play is different. It's a little difficult to have to delve into lion-hyena politics when all you really wanted to say is how funny the hyenas looked wearing combat boots.

So if for some reason you're the third remaining person on Earth who hasn't seen the animated version, I'd take a look at it before seeing the stage one.

Valet parking was great (the car had a better slot in the lot than we had seats in the theater), and the staff was very attentive to getting wheelchairs & walkers through the aisles.

Glad I had my earplugs. I still felt sonically assaulted, although not to the degree that usually happens in a THX movie theater...
                        Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                        Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                        We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                        Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

I went with my mom & my sister, both of them had not seen the animated movie... We self-parked in the lot ($3.00), but we did have great seats - Row A in the orchestra section! We all thought it was an amazing show!

I did feel guilty, though, for NOT taking the kids...
                          I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Just bought tickets today for Thursday night's (10/18) show.
                            Totally excited! My wife is too!
                            All right, it's date night!!!

Got decent seats upstairs and the Concert Hall ain't that big anyways.
                            I used to clean the place when I was 17, but that's another story.
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                              Believe it or not, I met a couple who've never seen the original animated movie... not even on VHS or DVD, let alone in a theater.
                              hehah - yep that was me too. I saw the Lion King a few years back prekids in London and had no idea what the heck we were watching. "Gee pretty costumes though..." Ah well. I enjoyed it much more with my kids for some reason. Maybe their excitement rubbed off on me.

Comment

Working...
                              X