Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?

    Just have to ask, is it just me or lately have a violent trend been on the rise?

    Lately in Chicago, there's been several shootings including on a bus, at a gas stations and at a bank, to name a few (within 2 weeks) . Each incident leaving either a cop or people getting killed and that's what's only making it on the news.

    I hate to see how this summer is going to be.

  • #2
    Re: Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?

    30 years of unchecked liberalism. Permissive society. Restorative Justice. Comfortable Prisons, where prisoners actually have rights.

    It is no longer painful to be a bad guy in American Society. The "softies", and "love-birds" have decided that's how they want it.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?

      Originally posted by timkona View Post
      30 years of unchecked liberalism.
      Alternatively:
      Closed-minded conservatism, and rampant ethical violations in business and government.

      Mentalities of "either you're with us or your against us" and "everyone for themselves - me first and screw you - I got mine, now close the door on the rest of you," leading to more people without the basics of a dignified life, desparate for even the ragged edges of an American Dream.

      Watch out, Tim - the door swings in both directions. We're fools if we honestly believe it comes down to the extremely simple explanations we've both just given, but it sure is easy to think so, isn't it? Too easy, too simple, too ineffective.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?

        Originally posted by ChicagoGuy75 View Post
        Just have to ask, is it just me or lately have a violent trend been on the rise?

        Lately in Chicago, there's been several shootings including on a bus, at a gas stations and at a bank, to name a few (within 2 weeks) .
        Wow! Lemme see...here on Oahu, there's been three shootings in the past month too! One involving a Drug Trafficker, one a fight and the last a teenager who was shot in the chest from playing with a loaded gun with a friend!

        Violent trend? Nah. Coincidence. Could be worse. In other parts of the world it's Horrors! Lucky I live Hawai'i!

        Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?

          Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
          Wow! Lemme see...here on Oahu, there's been three shootings in the past month too! One involving a Drug Trafficker, one a fight and the last a teenager who was shot in the chest from playing with a loaded gun with a friend!

          Violent trend? Nah. Coincidence. Could be worse. In other parts of the world it's Horrors! Lucky I live Hawai'i!

          Auntie Lynn
          Yep. When I was in the NY metro area last year even I was amazed at the number of violent incidents that were reported in the papers.

          Big difference between here and there is that much of the stuff that gets written about for DAYS after an incident here wouldn't even warrant a mention in the paper in NY. That Aiea incident would have been a tiny blurb buried in the back pages or not mentioned at all.

          The Kaneohe Bay Drive thing would have been considered a "public service." (Ouch---yeah I know that sounds bad.) No innocent bystanders hurt or killed and by all accounts the victim was a dirtbag. (Ouch---yes that sounds bad too but lets be honest here.)

          I agree, Lynn---lucky we live Hawaii where such matters are not everyday happenings and we risk becoming immune to their impact.
          Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; May 24, 2007, 04:20 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?

            If you haven't seen the movie, Bowling for Columbine takes a look at why the U.S. has higher rates of violence compared to other developed nations.

            Do you think its bcs the U.S. is primarily a heterogeneous society, with a history of conflict between the different races and this cultivated a fear based society?

            Or our profit oriented capitalism lead our heterogenous society down the path of fear bcs, there is a correlation between fear, consumption, and profits?

            Either way, I say fear is perpetuating the violence in the U.S. Every day we have an opportunity to engage the world with fear or with love. The solution lies with becoming aware of the fear present within us and making the conscious decision to transform fear into love.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?

              Originally posted by GnosticWarrior View Post
              Either way, I say fear is perpetuating the violence in the U.S. Every day we have an opportunity to engage the world with fear or with love. The solution lies with becoming aware of the fear present within us and making the conscious decision to transform fear into love.
              Plezzzzzzzz! Fear? The PROBLEM is there are Kooks out there who EXIST who continue to cause havoc. The SOLUTION lies in Laws to protect Society from being Abused and Hurt by them.

              Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?

                Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                Plezzzzzzzz! Fear? The PROBLEM is there are Kooks out there who EXIST who continue to cause havoc. The SOLUTION lies in Laws to protect Society from being Abused and Hurt by them.
                Were Kooks born or evolved that way? I think people who are exposed to enough love would not evolve to be a Kook but with enough fear they will.

                I agree Laws might work within a high density and policed environment. What happens when the police are not around? Also who would police the police?

                So America's problem is that she grants her citizens too many individual freedoms, take that away and problem solved?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?

                  Originally posted by GnosticWarrior View Post
                  Were Kooks born or evolved that way? I think people who are exposed to enough love would not evolve to be a Kook but with enough fear they will.
                  Both. Kooks are born everyday. Anyone can become a KOOK in an instant by matter of a situation or circumstance which makes them SNAP! Then again...there are "medications" which suppose to assist the KooKs in altering their moods so they no ack like Kooks.

                  However, most Kooks in Society tend to not take their prescribe medications not out Fear but out of ignorance and their way of getting back to Society.

                  How do I know?

                  I am a KOOK!!!

                  Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?

                    Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                    However, most Kooks in Society tend to not take their prescribe medications not out Fear but out of ignorance and their way of getting back to Society.

                    How do I know?

                    I am a KOOK!!!
                    I think we all can be KOOKs at times, and that's just being human. What's normal brain chemistry anyway? That's how God really created variety!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?

                      Originally posted by GnosticWarrior View Post
                      I think we all can be KOOKs at times, and that's just being human. What's normal brain chemistry anyway? That's how God really created variety!
                      There ya go!! God is da Answer!

                      I'll agree with dat!

                      In Christ,

                      Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X