Did You Know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did You Know?

Did you know that if you decide to stand with your shopping cart next to a particular product at Costco or Sam's Club, that without fail, someone must come and examine that particular product? Say you want to make a phone call to inquire about purchasing a backyard umbrella, an assortment of kids snacks, or to decide about which meat or fish you should get. So you figure to be polite, you'd go park your shopping cart to have minimal impact on the other shoppers. But because you've decided to park next to the pile of horse sh*t you're certain won't interest anyone, you've actually become a magnet for fans of horse sh*t. It's an interesting phenomenon. You should try it.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      Yeah - I hate it when people laugh at music after 10 p.m.
      me too

Comment

Did you know that:

Every time you're in a hurry and go to an ATM, there's always someone ahead of you that is doing a major, time consuming financial transaction.

But really, did you know that:

Gary Burghoff, from M*A*S*H fame, has a deformed hand. Watch an episode and watch how they hide that fact.

DD
        www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
          Did you know that if you decide to stand with your shopping cart next to a particular product at Costco or Sam's Club, that without fail, someone must come and examine that particular product? Say you want to make a phone call to inquire about purchasing a backyard umbrella, an assortment of kids snacks, or to decide about which meat or fish you should get. So you figure to be polite, you'd go park your shopping cart to have minimal impact on the other shoppers. But because you've decided to park next to the pile of horse sh*t you're certain won't interest anyone, you've actually become a magnet for fans of horse sh*t. It's an interesting phenomenon. You should try it.

That is funny. There are software programs that are in place in a lot of stores that monitor people for more then security reasons. People that stay idle in a spot for "X" amount of time, will set a beacon alerting the video/security booth to inform employees of someone in X isle needs help.

Did you know the expression, "it will cost an arm and a leg" comes from days of old. Only rich people could afford to have full body portraits painted of themselves, and the painters normally charged by the appendages. So a simply portrait shot might not be that much, but add torso, arms and legs, then you are looking at some serious money, hence costing an arm and a leg.
          flickr

An email from God:
          To: People of Earth
          Date: 9/04/2007
          Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
          God

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Yeah - I hate it when people laugh at music after 10 p.m.
            Ok, let me guess that law was imposed by the Missionaries ...
            "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post

Did you know...
              ...Our eyes are always the same size from birth.
              And your ears never stop growing.
              "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Did you know...
                ... In Honolulu within the limits of any public park, it is unlawful to annoy any bird. (SEC. 10-1.2)
                Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                Flickr

Comment

Did you know...
                  ... In Honolulu within the limits of any public park, it is unlawful to annoy any bird. (SEC. 10-1.2)
                  Often, the birds do the annoying ............

Comment

In Honolulu within the limits of any public park, it is unlawful to annoy any bird. (SEC. 10-1.2)
                    Originally posted by http://www.honolulu.gov/refs/roh/10.htm
                    (a) Within the limits of any public park, it is unlawful for any person to:
                    (5) Annoy, molest, kill, wound, chase, shoot or throw missiles at any animal or bird;
                    Interesting, but not really surprising. "Leave the birds alone," seems to be the law. It turns out that yesterday when I was trying to find the "laugh after 10 p.m." law, I was looking in the wrong place for Honolulu County: When I skimmed the table of contents for the Revised Charter, I saw that everything there was purely organizational. What I wanted was the Revised Ordinances of Honolulu, which helped me track down the reference above. Very useful.

Laws are so stupid. When you make a law and you use words like "any" or "all," you get stuff like this:
                    (b) Except as authorized by permits, and subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the department of parks and recreation, it is unlawful for any person, within the limits of any public park, to:
                    (1) Cut or remove any wood, plant, grass, soil, rock, sand or gravel;
                    I daresay we've all violated this law countless times. ANY grass? ANY soil? ANY rock? ANY sand? Of course we don't want people DIGGING STUFF UP or STEALING stuff, but "removing" ANY "wood, plant, grass, soils, rock, sand, or gravel" is an impossible act to avoid, regulate, or penalize. Pisses me off.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
                      Gary Burghoff, from M*A*S*H fame, has a deformed hand. Watch an episode and watch how they hide that fact.
                      True. Four short fingers on his left hand. He also has a club foot, but of course with costuming on MASH, you'd never know that one.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                        Did you know that if you decide to stand with your shopping cart next to a particular product at Costco or Sam's Club, that without fail, someone must come and examine that particular product?......It's an interesting phenomenon. You should try it.
                        A somewhat kindred phenomenon occurs whenever the only two runners who happen to be out and within in a radius of 20 miles from each other are out getting their training in at a given point in time. What happens is that the running routes of the two runners will always, without fail, regardless of the time of day (it could be 5 AM or 10 PM) come to a confluence where the only bicyclist or a pair of walkers is for miles, necessitating one of the runners take evasive action to avoid contact with each other and/or the bicyclist or walkers. It's a given that the above described event will occur wherever I run, be it the East Bay Bike Path in RI or the Mokulua/Aalapapa Loop in Kailua.

Comment

There are only four words in the English language that end in ‘dous’:
                          tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
                          Or so I'm told.

Interestingly, all four words could be applied to my ex-wife Plaintiff at various times.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

...and stewardesses is the longest word you can type using only your left hand on a keyboard (using the traditional hand placement on a keyboard).

www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
                              ...and stewardesses is the longest word you can type using only your left hand on a keyboard (using the traditional hand placement on a keyboard).

I still need two hands for Stewadesses!
                              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                                There are only four words in the English language that end in ‘dous’:
                                tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
                                Or so I'm told.

Interestingly, all four words could be applied to my ex-wife Plaintiff at various times.

That's a funny one too!
                                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X