Did You Know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did You Know?

This is a thread where you can share fun facts and useless information to your fellow forum members....so go for it!

Did you know...
    ...Our eyes are always the same size from birth.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Did You Know?

Did you know...

...That your finger nails grow faster than your toe nails.

Comment

Did you know that indoor cats always barf on the carpet--even if it's a 5x7 area rug on the wide expanse of tile flooring?
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
        Did you know that indoor cats always barf on the carpet--even if it's a 5x7 area rug on the wide expanse of tile flooring?
        Absolutely true. :/

Comment

Did you know...

...One in ten people live on an island. Lucky you live Hawaii,but not if you like to laugh.

Did you know...
          ...In Hawaii there's an old law still on the books that states that it is forbidden to laugh after 10pm.
          Last edited by alohabear; June 10, 2007, 05:41 PM.
          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
          Flickr

Comment

I'll step outside my house, start laughing at 10:01 p.m., and wait for the police to show up and cuff me.

I wonder how much bail is needed for this "crime."

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
              I'll step outside my house, start laughing at 10:01 p.m., and wait for the police to show up and cuff me.

I wonder how much bail is needed for this "crime."
              No bail...just 45 days in the slammer...reduced to 23 if you can hold it in!

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                Hmmm. Could work for our dog too. If left out of her enclosure, she'll take a dump everytime. Same place, same area of our living room carpet. It now has a permanent brown stain. Oh yeah, the other dog barfs on the carpet as well. We can leave her in the tiled patio and she'll start heaving and head over to the carpet.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  No bail...just 45 days in the slammer...reduced to 23 if you can hold it in!
                  Whew. For a minute there I thought you meant that someone could get reduced jail time if they showed good bladder control.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
                    Did you know...
                    ...In Hawaii there's an old law still on the books that states that it is forbidden to laugh after 10pm.
                    they should extend that to music.
                    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

May I ask where you heard this? I just did a search of the Hawaii Revised Statutes and couldn't find it. I entered "laugh" and got nothing. I entered "ten o'clock" and got two results, but neither had anything to do with this topic. It's possible I'm not entering the right query, or that the search engine isn't working correctly, but I did a test run with "landlord" and got 78 returns.

Could it be a county law somewhere?

edited:
                      I can't find it in the revised charter of the city and county of Honolulu, either, but the search engine doesn't seem to be as muscular as for the HRS.
                      Last edited by scrivener; June 11, 2007, 01:25 PM. Reason: "...just what the truth is, i can't say anymore..."
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I just "googled "In Hawaii there's an old law still on the books that states that it is forbidden to laugh after 10pm." Came up with several Forums who posted it. Alas, nobody can verify it.
                        http://www.google.com/search?q=In+Ha...ient=firefox-a

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Did you know...
                          Originally posted by adrian View Post
                          they should extend that to music.
                          Yeah - I hate it when people laugh at music after 10 p.m.

Comment

This site seems to be the culprit (thanks, Lynn). I just emailed via the "contact" link to request a citation, but I strongly doubt I'll hear back from anyone. Gr.
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I love hearing about the old laws, some of them are really amusing. In VA, there is still a law on the books stating that there needs to be someone in front of your vehicle, 100 yards, ringing a bell, to notify people that a car is coming. Or that on Sundays, you can beat your spouse in the courthouse steps with a stick no larger in circumference then your thumb.

Did you know, If you shave a zebra, even the skin is striped.
                              flickr

An email from God:
                              To: People of Earth
                              Date: 9/04/2007
                              Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                              God

Comment

Working...
                              X