Korean Festival 2007!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korean Festival 2007!

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let everyone know that the 6th Annual Korean Festival is coming up on Saturday, July 14th, from 9am to 9pm at Kapiolani Park and Bandstand. If you haven't joined us before, please come out and experience everything Korean! Korean culture, Korean food, and Korean entertainment!

This year, we are bringing in 2 of Korea's top pop singers, Lee Ki Chan and Wax to perform at the festival. It's not often that we get performers of this caliber to perform for us here so please take advantage of this opportunity! Did I mention...the concert is free?

We're also holding a Korean song contest. You don't have to be Korean to enter but you do have to sing a Korean song. The contest used to be for youths only but now we're opening it up to all ages. Tryouts/orientation will be held at Cafe Duck Butt off of Ward Ave on July 7th at 4pm. Come and try out! This could be your Korean-American Idol chance!

Re: Korean Festival 2007!

Mahalo for posting this!! Korean Food is my Favorite! I also am an avid fan of Korean Soap Operas. I will definitely go to this festival with Beau.heheheh

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; June 27, 2007, 09:53 AM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Here's a link to profiles of the 2 featured Korean pop singers as well as the entertainment lineup for the entire day:

http://koreanfestivalhawaii.com/events.htm

Comment

For those of you interested in giving the 2 Korean singing stars a warm welcome, please come to the airport to greet them!

They will be arriving Thursday morning on Korean Airlines and their plane is scheduled to arrive at 10:35am.

Thanks for all of your support!

www.koreanfestivalhawaii.com

Comment

Originally posted by honhiguy View Post
          For those of you interested in giving the 2 Korean singing stars a warm welcome, please come to the airport to greet them!

They will be arriving Thursday morning on Korean Airlines and their plane is scheduled to arrive at 10:35am.

Next time bring Korean Soap Opera Movie Stars like Kwon Sang-woo,& Bae Yong-joon!!! MAMA and me would camp out at the airport!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by honhiguy View Post

You sure them singers are going to show up? Our plan is to be at the festival. Keeping our fingers crossed nothing else comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
              You sure them singers are going to show up?Our plan is to be at the festival. Keeping our fingers crossed nothing else comes up.
              In dis case...'Rain' or Shine!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Anyone going? Anyone went? This was on our list today, but the grey skies are dimming hopes.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                  Anyone going? Anyone went? This was on our list today, but the grey skies are dimming hopes.
                  I passed by on my way to my Family Reunion at the Elks Club. Plenny people!!! On stage were dancers in Beautiful Ethnic Korean Outfits. So many tents. MAMA could smell the delicious aromas of Korean delicacies!

Traffic was good.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Korean Festival seemed much bigger this year. I arrived during the main singers performance. The crowd was squealing with glee between numbers. Lotsa food. Had I known, I woulda checked out earlier in the day instead of after I had dinner!

Comment

Been there, did that...

Click on any one of those pictures to see my entire pictorial walkthrough at the Korean Festival yesterday.
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Did anybody enter the Kim Chee eating contest? I missed it darnit!

Comment

Hi everyone! I just wanted to thank everyone who came down to the Festival and supported our event! I think it was a tremendous success and I really hope everyone had a good time enjoying everything Korean!

Please feel free to make comments or criticisms about the event because we can use all of that information to learn to improve ourselves for future Festivals.

Thanks once again for supporting us!

Comment

Working...
                          X