7-07-07 Wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7-07-07 Wedding

It's also listed as FAT FAT BAR AND GRILL in the Yellow Pages.

I'm half pake and FAT = 8.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post

For those of you who caught it.. Yes, I'm married! My husband and I were married in Las Vegas, but
      Hawaii does not recognize marriages performed in Las Vegas, so we have to do it again.[...]

Wow! I had no idea. I wonder if my local friends who married in LV know that.
      Oh, I'm sorry, let me clarify this. It's the policy of some state agencies like DHHL and several others.
      I would send my marriage certificate and current driver's license to these agencies to update my
      records. They would send me letters declining my request because a marriage performed in Las Vegas
      was not recognized by the department or agency.

I've just gotten used to saying "Hawaii" because my friends here had no idea what DHHL
      or OHA or other agencies in Hawaii were.

It doesn't mean the rest of Hawaii recognizes it, though. I just lost interest in researching it further.
      I gave up trying last year.

I do apologize for the confusion.
      Last edited by Mililani; July 9, 2007, 09:44 PM.
      A proud sponsor of
      http://www.haleamano.com

Comment

Since when does any state agency have the power to recognize or not recognize a Vegas marriage or divorce certificate? The governor's office ought to look at this and send out a clarifying directive! PRONTO!

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
          Since when does any state agency have the power to recognize or not recognize a Vegas marriage or divorce certificate? The governor's office ought to look at this and send out a clarifying directive! PRONTO!
          Tell me about it! I was floored when I heard it, too. Actually, I was not a very happy person at that time.

In the case of DHHL, here's what my letter states:

Thank you for notifying the department of your marriage/name change, however, we require that you submit a copy of your Name Change Decree filed with the Lieutenant Governor's Office for a formal name change, as Nevada marriage certificates are insufficient under Hawaii Revised Statutes ("HRS") chapter 574. Until that document is received, your record will remain the same.

I called the office and asked how I could make my certificate "sufficient" and my answer was, do a name change with the Lt. Govs office or obtain a marriage certificate where it will be "sufficient."
          Last edited by Mililani; July 10, 2007, 03:18 PM.
          A proud sponsor of

Comment

Wow!!! I neba know dat too.

Lucky PK and me neva get married in Vegas...we almost did.

HAHAHAHAHA

We'll wait till Chinese New's Years 2009!

Home Sweet Home in Honolulu.

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

This is a literal example of the popular Vegas phrase (which I'm getting tired of hearing.. )

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas... LOL
              A proud sponsor of

Comment

Originally posted by Mililani View Post
                This is a literal example of the popular Vegas phrase (which I'm getting tired of hearing.. )

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas... LOL
                In your case Dear, Congratulations!!

And many years of blessed marriage.

(((Hugs)))

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Congrats, Mililani!

And yeah, I think 8-8-8 will be even bigger in China. The 808 area code is a clever catch. With all the tourism and trade deals the state is making with China, I wonder if they're playing that up at all?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                    Congrats, Mililani!

And yeah, I think 8-8-8 will be even bigger in China. The 808 area code is a clever catch. With all the tourism and trade deals the state is making with China, I wonder if they're playing that up at all?
                    Aww thank you pzarquon and 1stwahine! China deals? Hmmm...

[not to take anything away from your brother Konaguy.. I just wanted to say thank you]
                    A proud sponsor of

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
                      Funny you mention that . The bamboo dance was funny. It was like they steady sped the stick movement up. I was like how in the heck did they do that
                      and avoid crushing an ankle. Also the dance where they balanced a lighted candle on their head was unreal.
                      Rhythm. The faster the rhythm, the faster you step.

Me? I lack rhythm, which is good since I'll be handling the bamboo poles.
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Mililani View Post
                        Tell me about it! I was floored when I heard it, too. Actually, I was not a very happy person at that time.

In the case of DHHL, here's what my letter states:

Thank you for notifying the department of your marriage/name change, however, we require that you submit a copy of your Name Change Decree filed with the Lieutenant Governor's Office for a formal name change, as Nevada marriage certificates are insufficient under Hawaii Revised Statutes ("HRS") chapter 574. Until that document is received, your record will remain the same.

I called the office and asked how I could make my certificate "sufficient" and my answer was, do a name change with the Lt. Govs office or obtain a marriage certificate where it will be "sufficient."

Looks like they're not recognizing the NAME CHANGE without necessarily regarding the MARRIAGE as invalid. But, the clerk could have explained it better ..... MUCH better!

What makes Nevada marriage certificates "insufficient?" Any other states whose certificates are likewise "insufficient?"

Comment

Working...
                        X