7-07-07 Wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-07-07 Wedding

No it wasn't my wedding . My younger brother (25) got married today. I was the best man, thus I'm really bushed from the excitement.It was really cool though, as he married a Filipino. So they had all this Filipino food and did all these traditional Filipino dances at the reception.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Re: 7-07-07 Wedding

Shortly before I left the Big Island to come back to HNL, I spent about a half hour to 45 minutes at Hilo's Lilioukalani Park, having lunch before my flight. There in the park there were at least 3 or 4 weddings going on at the same time. Good for all the couples and I am sure it was great for business today. Best of luck to all those who got married on 7-7-07. Won't happen again until 7-7-2107!
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
      No it wasn't my wedding . My younger brother (25) got married today. I was the best man, thus I'm really bushed from the excitement.It was really cool though, as he married a Filipino. So they had all this Filipino food and did all these traditional Filipino dances at the reception.
      Must make you wonder why we risk our feet in the bamboo dance, huh?

All this brouhaha over 7-7-7 makes me wonder if anyone ever celebrated last year, 6-6-6?
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

7/7 is the anniversary date of six couples I know (hubby and I included). Due to work schedules, we celebrated on Fri.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
          Must make you wonder why we risk our feet in the bamboo dance, huh?
          Funny you mention that . The bamboo dance was funny. It was like they steady sped the stick movement up. I was like how in the heck did they do that
          and avoid crushing an ankle. Also the dance where they balanced a lighted candle on their head was unreal.
          Check out my blog on Kona issues :
          The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
            Funny you mention that . The bamboo dance was funny. It was like they steady sped the stick movement up. I was like how in the heck did they do that
            and avoid crushing an ankle. Also the dance where they balanced a lighted candle on their head was unreal.
            Funny. I did this dance in third grade in NY. Didn't know it was Filipino until I came here and heard some Filipino friends describing it.

It's damn scary. Certainly had me stepping lively at the tender age of eight.

Comment

I remember it in Elementary school. Can't remember what grade. I don't remember dancing, but I do remember holding the sticks. No body got injured (that I remember).

As for the traditions, isn't ringing the glasses to get the bride and groom to kiss one of them? I remember the groom had to take care of something and left the room and we all started ringing the classes and embarrassed the bride.

Comment

I was also at a wedding today. I wondered how popular today might be for weddings (especially since it also conveniently fell on a Saturday)

Comment

Two of my nephews got married today! One at Hilton HV, the other in Reno, NV.

And a good friend of mine got married today, too. Funny, she's had a "boyfriend" for 20 years, but they decided to get married TODAY!
                  Well I am just a monkey man, I'm glad you are a monkey woman too.

Comment

I had one gf married yesterday 7-7-07...my anniiversary is 2-2-2002.
                    It was purely so i would not forget because I am terrible with dates!
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

My classmate was featured in a Hawaii Tribune Herald story about 07/07/07 weddings. According to the article, it was to be his FIFTH wedding (third for the "blushing bride"). And, it was scheduled for 7:07 a.m. I guess that with his marital track record, he needed all of the symbolic "good luck" gestures on his side.

I was at the Pacific Beach Hotel yesterday and noted a number of wedding receptions on their banquet schedule for noon and the evening.

Comment

All this brouhaha over 7-7-7 makes me wonder if anyone ever celebrated last year, 6-6-6?
                        I hope not! Somehow, them triple 6's don't strike me as very lucky.

My husband and I are planning to get married in Hawaii on 8-08-08. My husband figured it might
                        be cool since Hawaii's area code was 808. I tried to take it a step forward with 8:08am, but he just
                        rolled his eyes. [Married in area code 808, on 08-08-08, at 08:08] Hmm, I guess it does seem a bit much.

For those of you who caught it.. Yes, I'm married! My husband and I were married in Las Vegas, but
                        Hawaii does not recognize marriages performed in Las Vegas, so we have to do it again. Hubby thinks
                        it's weird because its recognized in every other state.. even other countries. But, at least this time, he'll
                        be getting married in Hawaii. He's happy about that.

And BTW - Congratulations to your brother Konaguy!
                        A proud sponsor of
                        http://www.haleamano.com

Comment

[...]All this brouhaha over 7-7-7 makes me wonder if anyone ever celebrated last year, 6-6-6?
                          Originally posted by Mililani View Post
                          I hope not! Somehow, them triple 6's don't strike me as very lucky.
                          The news reported a couple of days ago that 6/6/06 wasn't popular.
                          My husband and I are planning to get married in Hawaii on 8-08-08.[...]
                          The sames news reported that date is expected to be popular!
                          For those of you who caught it.. Yes, I'm married! My husband and I were married in Las Vegas, but
                          Hawaii does not recognize marriages performed in Las Vegas, so we have to do it again.[...]
                          Wow! I had no idea. I wonder if my local friends who married in LV know that.

Comment

Wait a minute. Since when were "quickie" Vegas marriages NOT recognized in Hawaii? Shouldn't the same apply for "quickie" Vegas divorces?

8-8-8 (fat-fat-fat): that's lucky for Chinese. There's a bar on South Beretania between Keeaumoku and Piikoi, makai side called FAT-FAT-FAT. Long time ago, it was a well-know Korean bar, Club Joyce.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                              There's a bar on South Beretania between Keeaumoku and Piikoi, makai side called FAT-FAT-FAT.
                              You're talking about the one that shares the parking lot with Midas Muffler? The sign reads "8 FAT 8" if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
                              X