Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you buy the Star Wars Trilogy Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did you buy the Star Wars Trilogy Today ?

Eh Craig, when I wen go try paste da URL for da eBay page wit all da Star Wars sheet sets above, da ting wen come out all hangamajang, so I going try paste em down hea. I tink da asking price going depend on whether you stay get complete sets and what characters are on da sheets.

Good luck anyway.

Miulang

Here:http://ebay.doubleclick.net/adi/ebay...1095908412530;
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

http://www.zippyimages.com/111976.html

Okay here goes nuttun honey (old marketing slogan)
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Okay so how does Slick Vic get all those nifty pictures posted in his posting instead of this web-hosted URL link?

Comment

Eh no kiddin Miulang, dat URL came out all hamajang nevah see anyting! Da pillow cases had to throw em out wen my kids was little dey had uku's from dat pilau haole kid wit the runny nose. Had to wash da cases in hot water to kill the nits. The Clorox and hot water went nuke da Star Wars images. Thank god we had the Lego bed sheets on at that time!

So what you guys wen spock my sheets yet?

Comment

Oh wow only $10 for complete bed sheets? Geez mo betta I use em for drop cloth when I stay work on my BMW changing oil.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
              Oh wow only $10 for complete bed sheets? Geez mo betta I use em for drop cloth when I stay work on my BMW changing oil.
              Nah, dey try sell 'em foa $40 foa da original complete sheet sets (you wen go eBay and search unda "Star Wars bedsheet"?) Yours look moa nani den da one dat currently selling foa $7 which da sellers say is not from da original collection.

One time I wen go hear one antique seller say dat da stuff dat worth da most is da stuff dat was so common at one time dat everybody (but da few akamai guys) wen go put 'em in da boro bag.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

it works! geez this is a massive photo
                Last edited by admin; September 30, 2004, 06:08 AM. Reason: Inserting thumbnail link to full-size image.

Comment

I picked up my DVD set this past Tuesday at Costco. It costed me $43 and some change.

Comment

Star Wars Trilogy on DVD

For those of you who brought the Star Wars Trilogy did you watch it yet?

So far I watched A New Hope and Return of the Jedi with English subtitles on because one of the big mystery is when did they call the fighters used by the empire as TIE fighters. And it never happened in A New Hope. Of course they did manage to not to subtitle a scene when Luke says "Carrie" when he gets off his fighter.

I did watch part of the bonus material DVD. I do want to play these movies again with the audio commentary on one of these days.

Comment

Re: Star Wars Trilogy on DVD

Originally posted by helen
                      For those of you who brought the Star Wars Trilogy did you watch it yet?
                      We finally picked it up yesterday at Costco, "Widescreen" version, of course. (Good thing I studied both gold and silver boxes carefully... for a moment I couldn't figure out why there was a difference!) With a baby and two other kids in the house, I don't anticipate being able to carve out major chunks of time to watch the DVDs in the near future, but we'll get around to it.

We did pop in the extra, fourth DVD last night, just to see what there was on Episode III. Not much, it turns out, but enough so that we're still looking forward to it (despite Episodes I and II).

Comment

Full Screen does not have that stupid black box on the top and bottom.
                        Thus thats why I bought the Full Screen version of Star Wars.
                        Widescreen does have that stupid black box on the top and bottom.

I have watched all three Star Wars Movies annd cannot wait for Episode
                        Three which will be coming out in summer of 2005. The Episode of Dreams
                        behind the scenes was very interesting, along with seeing the trailers
                        from the movies.

Bear in mind the three movies have been tweaked a bit especially Stars
                        Wars and Return of the Jedi. Additional scenes among other things have
                        been added to the original versions.
                        Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                        The Kona Blog

Comment

It's a matter of choice between the Widescreen and the Full Screen versions. While some DVDs will offer both in one package it's kind of rare (Air Force One comes to mind). With Star Wars Widescreen edition you get to see the extreme left and right side of the image and with black box on the bottom, well that's where the English subtitles go which doesn't block the original image.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                            It's a matter of choice between the Widescreen and the Full Screen versions. While some DVDs will offer both in one package it's kind of rare (Air Force One comes to mind). With Star Wars Widescreen edition you get to see the extreme left and right side of the image and with black box on the bottom, well that's where the English subtitles go which doesn't block the original image.

Having both the Wide Screen and Full Screen on one disk is becoming more
                            prevalent though. I recall buying a DVD recently and it gave me a choice
                            between full screen and wide screen. I believe you see more of it because
                            of dual sided DVD discs. I personally find the Widescreen black boxes on
                            the top and bottom a MAJOR distraction when I'm watching a movie.
                            The Kona Blog

Comment

I personally find the Widescreen black boxes on the top and bottom a MAJOR distraction when I'm watching a movie.
                              It's definitely a matter of taste, and I'm glad they often give you a choice, whether it's on one DVD or on separately packaged discs. I personally can't stand "pan-and-scan" - a gorgeous, expanse of moviemaking shoehorned into the TV aspect ratio, often cutting off characters or requiring the transfer camera to move back and forth across what the filmmaker intended to be a single, stationary scene.

Helen also mentions another benefit - non-intrusive closed captioning.

So I'm definitely a widescreen advocate... even though I'll probably never afford one of those giant, flat, plasma TVs you probably need to get the most benefit from it.

Yeah, if you've got a smaller television, "pan-and-scan" is probably the only way to go - having the letterbox would give up way too much space, making the actual movie difficult to see.

And with some recent all-CGI movies - "A Bug's Life," "Monster's Inc.," for example - you don't lose as much as you usually would because they actually re-render scenes to center the action on a TV screen.

Comment

My parents have a 27in TV and I have a 20in TV. Ever since I got really
                                into DVDs about 3 years ago, I have always gotten full screen versions
                                of the movies I bought. I can understand your reasons to get wide screen
                                versions, but for me like I said it is simply too annoying and distracting
                                the wide screen format.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding and Half Past Dead are two DVDs I recall
                                recently having the two differents versions on the same DVD.
                                The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X