This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 2

my pet peeves are so tame compared to the rest of the postings but here goes:

1) those folks who stand at a corner, continuously punching the button to make the light change. It only takes one person, one push. No matter how many times you push the button - the lights are mostly on timers. They will change when they are ready to change

2) Bus drivers who refuse to wear their seat belts. They drape them over the leg, sit on them, hide them under their shirts. I'm sure they wear their seat belts when driving their families in their personal vechicles but what about their bus passengers - are we chopped liver?
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
      my pet peeves are so tame compared to the rest of the postings but here goes:

1) those folks who stand at a corner, continuously punching the button to make the light change. It only takes one person, one push. No matter how many times you push the button - the lights are mostly on timers. They will change when they are ready to change

2) Bus drivers who refuse to wear their seat belts. They drape them over the leg, sit on them, hide them under their shirts. I'm sure they wear their seat belts when driving their families in their personal vechicles but what about their bus passengers - are we chopped liver?
      For your your #1, I am thinking, that they trully actually don't work, & all there is is just a strong spring keeping the button out. So therefor, it is only a joy button(s), it would probably changes the same amount of time whether a person pushes it or not .

#2 - what's worse is; how about a bus driver playing with a hand held game while driving with a load of passngers behind him , OMG!!.
      Last edited by Serenity; October 14, 2008, 01:58 AM.
      Aches & Pains
      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
        and i thought my pet peeve of a hell day was bad.........my warmest aloha to serenity and her husband
        Awww . Thank you.

pet peeve of the day was standing in line for 30 minutes at price-busters having to deal with that in-grown zit manager of an a$$h073 gallon of lard, conceived by and through the throat, heffer, of which i am sure her lard - gel wearing full of lice hair - coconut climbing tree - eating f$ckf#ce bastard child blah

all of this over an exchange - an item i bought 10 minutes before - not knowing i grabbed the wrong color shower curtain that i spent only 2.99 - she refused to allow me to exchange the darn thing - because i walked out of the store with it - all i asked was to exchange it to the burgandy color - but no - she was excersing her limited power trip - to tell me i couldn't exchange because i walked out of the store with it - that did not make any sense at all

i ended up throwing it in her face and walked out of price-busters

i so wanted to put my big fat legs up her ying yang - but i couldn't because i can't get away with it here - i had to remind myself i am not in brooklyn - i am in hawaii

yet that didn't stop my mouthing from running - i wasn't

i'll go back there tomorrow - just for the hell of it.

i had to laugh at myself an hour after it happened - it was just wasted energy over a shower curtain that i spent only 2.99

oh how anger allows you to become a beast
        You sure showed that biatch!!. Good for you!!. It's not the matter of the cost, it's thre principle of it!!. You should have either contacted the main manager in person &/or contacted them to file a complaint (just so that you could actually excahge for something that you wanted)

I would personally take actions against something like that, if I was not allowed to change it due to my own mistake, even if it was withing the hour.

I can understand if the product has been opened after the fact, & then tried to return it, but can't.

Not being able to exchange it within the hour that it was bought without oppening the product, is utterly stupid on the cashiers side !!!
        Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          "What's in your wallet?"

AAAACK!!! A dead horse! Get it outta there!!! What is this, "The Godfather"???
          ha ha ha......

That's pretty funny!.

Thanks for the chuckles.
          Aches & Pains

Comment

Bus drivers that stick Q-tips into their ears at stoplights. And then look at what they've dug out. Ick.
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Those street light buttuns do work. Pushing them multiple times is some peoples way of not lighting up another cigarette...

I've never seen Q-tippers drive the bus, but had one (a real negative chump) light up a cancer stick while cruising thru Kahalu'u and around the island. Nice...
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

we've been having problems with moisture/water coming into the house from our awing windows. the guy came out the other day and said that it's moisture getting on the screens and dripping down. they made the weeping holes bigger to allow the water to flow from the tracks out. called him today and he says that it's moisture and to close down the windows. we already did that and they're STILL leaking somehow. one of their sales ploys is that you can leave the windows open while it's raining.
                "chaos reigns within.
                reflect, repent and reboot.
                order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Kani...care to share the name of the window company? This kind of customer service sounds familiar to me!

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                    Bus drivers that stick Q-tips into their ears at stoplights. And then look at what they've dug out. Ick.
                    OMG!! Double Ick!! lol. Gross!!. Maybe they think they'll find a treasure inside, if they actually look?? lol.
                    Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      Kani...care to share the name of the window company? This kind of customer service sounds familiar to me!
                      CCI (custom contractors inc.).

so i figured out the problem. did a little experiment: shot a stream of water from the outside at the bottom of the cranks. voila! water ended up on the inside. called the guy and he said that he'd send his service guy over to attempt caulking the windows again. i believe the 1/4 round trims need to come off first and the window box caulked or re-caulked.

i checked the bbb and dept of commerce and consumer affairs websites and there weren't any complaints against the company. however, the guy said that there was only one other incident in which this happened. well, count us as #2.

almost 12k dollars later, yes $12000 bucks, and we have these leaky windows that caused some wood rot. i can't paint or caulk because they never stay dry.
                      "chaos reigns within.
                      reflect, repent and reboot.
                      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

The hours of my new job. I knew I'd have to work one evening a week, as well as a lot of Saturday hours, but I didn't know I'd also have a couple early morning shifts, too. And while I'm training, EVERY morning is an early one (yawn!)

Comment

Driving 50 miles home going only about 30mph max most of the way....rush hour....*grrr*

Comment

My "pet peeve" is people who don't repect your place when they come to visit & stay with you in your place !!.

My aunt came to visit my mom in LVNV, & my aunt still have an old mindset of being spolied. She use to have a maid (many years ago), but no longer does.

She said that her husband is always mad at her, then she left him, & moved in with a friend, then she complained, saying that her friend is always mad at her.

The thing is, where ever she was last & whever she was eating or drinking, she doesn't care where it drops.

And I wonder why people are always mad at her (my aunt) .

She (my aunt) said that she is too old to change. What ever!!.

I don't see how hard it is to just respect other people's homes!!.

We were pretty neat & clean, & we also picked up after ourselves, when we visited my mom in LVNV.

Thank God, that she is supposidly leaving on Monday.

When my mom is home, she is always constantly picking up after her own sister. GAWD!!.

I don't even want to say anything to her 2 sons. (they don't live with her).

Maybe that's the reasons why they are not with her too. lol.

I hope non of you have a relative like that.

I figure, it doesn't matter what you do in your own home, what matters most is to have respect in other people's homes.

Evidentlt my aunt doesn't know anything about that !!.

Can't wait till she leaves. Then, my mom will be much happier without her in my mom's place.

Good riddens!!. Sheeesh!!, Gawd!!,
                            Aches & Pains

Comment

Stupid $#!%&@ Superferry is making me have to cancel my Maui trip!
                              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

I'm so sorry, TG. That really, really sucks. I hope you can at least get your money back. And find people to pawn all that Diet Coke off on.

My pet peeve is people who don't LISTEN.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
                                X