X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawai‘i Warriors’s Post-season Hopes

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Two more undefeated teams fell today -- #2 Boston College and #6 Arizona State.
    Will that move us up from #12?

(Rankings are from the AP poll.)
    And then there are 3... undefeated teams in college football this season.

Ohio State (10-0), Kansas (9-0), and Hawaii (8-0).
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Speaking of USC, isn't it weird that we actually ranked higher than USC this past week?!? How bizarre is that?
      Did anyone predict that in the first weeks of the season?

GO WARRIORS!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Two more undefeated teams fell today -- #2 Boston College and #6 Arizona State. Will that move us up from #12?
        Darn. we dropped back to #14 in the AP poll. Boston College dropped to #8 and Arizona State to #9.
        In the USA Today Coaches Poll, we went from #11 to #12... BC and AS dropped to the same as the AP poll.

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
        Darn good chance Hawaii will move up, but media favorites Texas (), Florida, USC, and Michigan won. Look out for UConn, too.
        AP poll -- Texas down from 14 to 15 (and from 12 to 14 in the Coaches poll) (happy now? ), Florida up from 18 to 17, USC up from 13 to 12, and Michigan up from 15 to 13.

Originally posted by Random View Post
        And then there are 3... undefeated teams in college football this season. Ohio State (10-0), Kansas (9-0), and Hawaii (8-0).
        Ap Poll -- Ohio State stayed at #1, Kansas from 8 up to 5, and we dropped from 12 to 14. That weak schedule and our bye week hurt us.

Looks like the BCS rankings haven't been updated yet.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

To be honest, I felt the Warriors were ripe for a drop. At some point (usually a bye week), pollsters have to consider UH’s schedule. They haven’t played a team with a winning record yet, and will finally get an opportunity with Fresno State this weekend.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Ap Poll -- Ohio State stayed at #1, Kansas from 8 up to 5, and we dropped from 12 to 14. That weak schedule and our bye week hurt us.
            Yeah, I kinda figured they wouldn't give us cookie for the second bye week.

Looks like the BCS rankings haven't been updated yet.
            UH dropped 2 steps down to #16 in the BCS rankings.

Comment

The Holiday Bowl is looking more like our best hopes. I'd call for Frazier's head if Hawaii ends up in the Hawaii Bowl (assuming Hawaii runs the table).
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Colt Brennan on Colt Brennan and the Dread Heads in the New York Times!

Comment

I can't believe Ohio State lost today, more importantly the Warriors have to win today (it's on national television) and hopefully a loss by UConn and Va Tech will help them move up. This is getting really exciting. Can you imagine the Warriors being the only undefeated team if Kansas loses?

Comment

Originally posted by Kawika0320 View Post
                    I can't believe Ohio State lost today, more importantly the Warriors have to win today (it's on national television) and hopefully a loss by UConn and Va Tech will help them move up. This is getting really exciting. Can you imagine the Warriors being the only undefeated team if Kansas loses?
                    I wasn't so surprised. The mediocrity in college football this season is making me puke.

UConn's ranked lower than Hawaii, and FSU ain't a thing for Va Tech.

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Kawika0320 View Post
                      UH won tonight but at a cost. Colt may not play next week's game or the week after, unless one can quickly recover from the most severe form of concussion. And I was looking forward to some records being broken tonight.

Comment

#8 BC and #13 Michigan lost. Hawaii won by 7...I think they'll go up by 2 spots.

flickr

Comment

What happens if Hawaii goes undefeated and Kansas loses a game before the season ends. Then during the bowl games, Hawaii blows out their opponent, then whoever is number one at season's end gets blown out in the bowl game against the #2 opponent. Does Hawaii have a shot at the national championship if these factors come into play?

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                            What happens if Hawaii goes undefeated and Kansas loses a game before the season ends. Then during the bowl games, Hawaii blows out their opponent, then whoever is number one at season's end gets blown out in the bowl game against the #2 opponent. Does Hawaii have a shot at the national championship if these factors come into play?

Aj
                            Hi Kalihiboy.

In the scenario you posed, I presume that Hawaii is not the #2 team blowing out the #1 team. If this happens, it is safe to say that the #2 team wins the National Championship outright, even if Hawaii will be the only undefeated team left. Having won the national title game, the #2 team will garner a huge portion of #1 votes, making it difficult for Hawaii to earn poll points to share the #1 ranking in the year's final poll.

Since the polls are left up to humans, there is a huge subjective factor that determines Hawaii's fate in this scenario. And it is a very popular opinion amongst the media that Hawaii has the weakest schedule of all teams to ever be in the top 25 this year, which discounts their wins (of which 2 were very close against unranked opponents). This was evident throughout the season as Hawaii had difficulties getting higher than the middle of the rankings.

flickr

Comment

Now #13 and #12 (AP and USA Today, respectively)

flickr

Comment

The Warriors drop one spot in the Harris Poll to #11. Looks like quality of opponent didn’t matter too much.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                                USA TODAY, page 2A
                                11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                                X