X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawai‘i Warriors’s Post-season Hopes

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Goes to prove, I guess, that ya can't believe everything ya read on the 'net, doncha know!
    Oh, I know, all right. Believe me. Based on personal experience, I really really know!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I know that we still have no clue which Bowl Game the Warriors will play in, but there's already some speculation that (assuming they win Saturday's game and maintain their BCS rank) they'll be Fiesta Bowl-bound. I also recall reading about the Sugar Bowl somewhere.

Are any of you guys actually planning on following the Warriors to their Bowl Game?

If the Warriors do get the Fiesta Bowl, I'm most likely heading to Glendale. If the boss lets me, of course.
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

There was some talk on 1420 this morning that the Rose Bowl is not out of the question. How cool would THAT be?
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Hypothetically speaking...

Who would be our opponent in the:

1) Sugar Bowl?
          2) Fiesta Bowl?
          3) Rose Bowl?
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
            Hypothetically speaking...

Who would be our opponent in the:

1) Sugar Bowl?
            2) Fiesta Bowl?
            3) Rose Bowl?
            Sugar Bowl - lLSU (they're out of the National Championship game) or Georgia;
            Fiesta - Oklahoma or Kansas;
            Rose - USC, Arizona State, or UCLA (long-shot).

The Rose Bowl traditionally matches Big 10 with Pac 10. USC and Ohio State are the most likely, but OSU still has a chance to make the NC game if either Missouri or West Virginia lose this week. Then, the Buckeyes slide in, which opens the Rose Bowl slot. USC, with two losses, is out of NC consideration.

Comment

With a win over the Washington Huskies, who will the Warriors face in the Sugar Bowl? Many pundits are predicting LSU will move up - possible to the championship game, now that both #1 Missouri (incidentally, ESPN’s pre-game poll showed most Hawai‘i residents correctly predicting the Sooners would take down the Tigers) and #2 West Virginia lost this weekend.

Predictions?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

^^ UGA vs. UH. I project LSU heading to the Title Game. LSU's probably leapfrogging idle UGA come Sunday morning probably based on a win against a top 20 team in the SEC championship. The NCAA's about profits and ratings, and with Les Miles whining to the media a lot this week (we're undefeated in overtime! ), so I think the BCS committee's putting LSU to the test against new #1 OSU to add to a dramatic season.

Edit: should voters drop a team that won in Hawaii again, is there a possibility of ASU sliding into the Sugar instead?
                Last edited by Mike_Lowery; December 1, 2007, 11:02 PM.
                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

UH is #10 AP and USA Today
                  Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                    UH is #10 AP and USA Today
                    ...and #7 on the AllState Fan Poll.

Yeah, I took it just for fun.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sport...d=15&listId=22
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

wow. on the msnbc "Which teams should play in the BCS championship game on Jan. 7?" poll (4300 votes so far), 21% said it should be LSU v. Ohio. the next largest percentage (12%) said it should be hawaii v. ohio. even looking through the comments in the discussion boards, it's nice to see that being the only undefeated team, despite all the poo-pooing of the schedule, gets quite a bit of props.
                      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                        wow. on the msnbc "Which teams should play in the BCS championship game on Jan. 7?" poll (4300 votes so far), 21% said it should be LSU v. Ohio. the next largest percentage (12%) said it should be hawaii v. ohio. even looking through the comments in the discussion boards, it's nice to see that being the only undefeated team, despite all the poo-pooing of the schedule, gets quite a bit of props.
                        I have to throw this out there and please don't think I'm picking on you, Cyn, but please be careful when making reference to the Ohio Bobcats and the Ohio State Buckeyes. Two different football teams and depending on where you are, can get your head chopped off.

In my travels as a sorority consultant to the Midwest, I learned from an OSU sister that it's NOT "Ohio State," but rather "THE Ohio State University." I'm so not kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                          I have to throw this out there and please don't think I'm picking on you, Cyn, but please be careful when making reference to the Ohio Bobcats and the Ohio State Buckeyes. Two different football teams and depending on where you are, can get your head chopped off.

In my travels as a sorority consultant to the Midwest, I learned from an OSU sister that it's NOT "Ohio State," but rather "THE Ohio State University." I'm so not kidding.
                          hey, it's more proof that i'm generally nonchalant when it comes to sports. if i've offended anyone with my ignorance...hey, i'm sorry! i'm ignorant when it comes to sports, and i'm not ashamed to admit it! just thot it was interesting to see hawaii to get some respect where i know we don't usually.

besides, i'm not all that sure i would know which would be a buckeye or a bobcat in the animal world, either...
                          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                            ^^ UGA vs. UH. I project LSU heading to the Title Game. LSU's probably leapfrogging idle UGA come Sunday morning probably based on a win against a top 20 team in the SEC championship. The NCAA's about profits and ratings, and with Les Miles whining to the media a lot this week (we're undefeated in overtime! ), so I think the BCS committee's putting LSU to the test against new #1 OSU to add to a dramatic season.
                            I've been AIM-ing back and forth with a UGA sister of mine and it's been nothing but "EFF THE BCS!" Nothing against us, she says, but the Sugar Bowl's a trap game. UGA got screwed (I agree, I'd rather see UGA up there and NOT LSU) despite having a great season. She's one pissed off Dawg.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy View Post
                              I'm hearing on KKEA that there's going to be a big free gathering at the Stan Sheriff Center tomorrow in which those in attendance will see who UH is going to play. Fox TV will be there. Details coming up shortly if you want to turn it in...at least that Kekaula said a few minutes ago.
                              Anyone planning to attend the Stan Sheriff Center “Selection Sunday” festivities? I believe doors open in about 2 1/4 hours...

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                                Anyone planning to attend the Stan Sheriff Center “Selection Sunday” festivities? I believe doors open in about 2 1/4 hours...
                                We lucked out because the boy had to do media for the HHSAA High School Cheerleading Championships today for work and he'll be saving me a seat. Got a text saying lots of people (a mix of HS fans and UH fans) are there already. Not sure if they'll be clearing everyone out at the end of the cheerleading thing.

See y'all again in a few!

Comment

Working...
                                X