This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawai‘i Warriors’s Post-season Hopes

The way unbeatens are falling this season, UH better be wary. We're one of the five (I believe) unbeatens left.

Comment

Re: Hawai‘i Warriors’s post-season hopes

We're moving up in the rankings -- #16 in the AP poll (up one position from last week) and #14 in the USA Today coaches poll (up two positions!).
      Also #18 in the BCS rankings.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by titilejomi View Post
        Are you familiar with the snowplow game

The NFL no longer allows Snowplows because of this, during the game, and I'm not sure of the NCAA rules.

Either/or - wet astroturf is difficult to run and make cuts on.
        I was nosy and googled.
        http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers...25foxboro5.asp

Awesome story!

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

It's nice that were moving up.

This ESPN Bowl Projections shows UH playing in the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl against UTEP or Houston.

After seven weeks of games, ESPN.com's Ivan Maisel and Mark Schlabach have tweaked their postseason outlooks
          The strange thing about this, is that Schlabach had us playing in the Sugar Bowl against Florida just the week before.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
            We're moving up in the rankings -- #16 in the AP poll (up one position from last week) and #14 in the USA Today coaches poll (up two positions!).
            Also #18 in the BCS rankings.
            CORRECTION: The Warriors have moved up to #17 in the BCS, according to the Honolulu Star-Bulletin and ESPN (which makes sense because they were #18 last week). Also important to note is they moved up to #14 in the Harris Interactive Poll, which unlike the AP poll, is factored into every BCS ranking (and also because it is the highest UH has been ranked in any poll).

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
              CORRECTION: The Warriors have moved up to #17 in the BCS, according to the Honolulu Star-Bulletin and ESPN (which makes sense because they were #18 last week). Also important to note is they moved up to #14 in the Harris Interactive Poll, which unlike the AP poll, is factored into every BCS ranking (and also because it is the highest UH has been ranked in any poll).
              To Lika's defense, UH was actually listed at #18 in the BCS this afternoon when I checked at 12:10 PM. I wasn't aware that they were at #17 until the Advertiser posted it under "breaking news."

And it looks like the best way for Hawaiii to advance in the rankings and BCS standings is to ride the wave of upsets, and avoid getting swept by it, because poll voters are not respecting their schedule.
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                To Lika's defense, UH was actually listed at #18 in the BCS this afternoon when I checked at 12:10 PM. I wasn't aware that they were at #17 until the Advertiser posted it under "breaking news."
                Thanks, Mike... and thanks to TunNl too for updating the info. Obviously the BCS rankings aren't updated as early as the other polls.
                Lesson learned.

Comment

In the actual hard copy of the Oct. 22nd issue of Sports Illustrated, there is a a little "Bowl Buzz" Column that also predicted that Hawaii would be in the Sugar Bowl against Florida.

I couldn't find an online article. If anyone can find that, I'd like to see the link just so I can post it in another DB I participate in.

Comment

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefoo...ls/predictions

flickr

Comment

Interesting to see Richard Billingsley take a shot at UH’s poor schedule... then back away from saying it will keep the Warriors out of contention for a Bowl Championship Series bid. I wonder how much of an insight these computer gurus really have over who will ultimately end of in the BCS bowls.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

So this weekend, #8 USC, #9 VaTech, #11 Florida, #12 USF (to #25 UConn), and #15 UK lost.

Teams ranked lower than UH that won and could get more votes based on prestige alone include #16 Texas, #19 Michigan, and #20 Georgia. #23 Auburn looks like they are going to win vs. #17 S Carolina.

Penn St. could still pull off the upset of #1 Ohio St., and #20 Berkley stands a very good chance of beating #7 ASU.

Huge week for UH if they mange to beat NMSU tonight (which I think they will in a shootout, 48-40).

flickr

Comment

Wuu2!!!! The Warriors crack the the Top 10 for the first time in UH history in the Harris Poll. Mahalo also to oggboy and Likanui for posting the AP rankings and USA Today/Coaches Poll results.

Go Warriors!

USA TODAY, page 2A
                          11 March 1993

Comment

The latest BCS rankings has Hawaii on outside of the bubble at number 14. All they need to do is stay undefeated and they may find themselves a spot in the top 12 which would place them in a major BCS bowl. The lack of a win over a ranked opponent hurts them a lot. They are 10 in the Harris and 11 in the Coaches poll so you would think that they would be a little higher up. The only good thing is that the SEC is a brutal conference and will drop a few teams. Add to that the Arizona State Sun Devils have to play Oregon next week hopefully knocking one of them out of the top 12. Go Warriors!
                            Last edited by Kawika0320; October 28, 2007, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Two more undefeated teams fell today -- #2 Boston College and #6 Arizona State.
                              Will that move us up from #12?

(Rankings are from the AP poll.)

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                                Two more undefeated teams fell today -- #2 Boston College and #6 Arizona State.
                                Will that move us up from #12?

(Rankings are from the AP poll.)
                                Darn good chance Hawaii will move up, but media favorites Texas (), Florida, USC, and Michigan won. Look out for UConn, too.

flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X