X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TuNnL
    replied
    Re: Hawai‘i Warriors’s Post-season Hopes

wuu2!!!! UH plays Georgia in the Sugar Bowl!

I counted about 7,000 fans and some familiar media faces at the Stan Sheriff Arena — more than enough screaming bodies for Fox (whom the Warriors had to perform the haka twice for) and the BCS Selection show. And no wonder — I found out later, the HHSAA Cheerleading awards immediately followed the Warriors announcement.

Leave a comment:

• infinitypro
    replied

So it's GEORGIA, did it matter? Curious.

Leave a comment:

• infinitypro
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    It's on Fox ... 3...
    Thank you I was on Fox Sports. Don't think I missed anything?

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
    'Eh I wonder if I'm on the right channel. 225?
    It's on Fox ... 3...

Leave a comment:

• infinitypro
    replied

'Eh I wonder if I'm on the right channel. 225?

Leave a comment:

• Lei Liko
    replied

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
    Anyone planning to attend the Stan Sheriff Center “Selection Sunday” festivities? I believe doors open in about 2 1/4 hours...
    We lucked out because the boy had to do media for the HHSAA High School Cheerleading Championships today for work and he'll be saving me a seat. Got a text saying lots of people (a mix of HS fans and UH fans) are there already. Not sure if they'll be clearing everyone out at the end of the cheerleading thing.

See y'all again in a few!

Leave a comment:

• TuNnL
    replied

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy View Post
    I'm hearing on KKEA that there's going to be a big free gathering at the Stan Sheriff Center tomorrow in which those in attendance will see who UH is going to play. Fox TV will be there. Details coming up shortly if you want to turn it in...at least that Kekaula said a few minutes ago.
    Anyone planning to attend the Stan Sheriff Center “Selection Sunday” festivities? I believe doors open in about 2 1/4 hours...

Leave a comment:

• Lei Liko
    replied

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    ^^ UGA vs. UH. I project LSU heading to the Title Game. LSU's probably leapfrogging idle UGA come Sunday morning probably based on a win against a top 20 team in the SEC championship. The NCAA's about profits and ratings, and with Les Miles whining to the media a lot this week (we're undefeated in overtime! ), so I think the BCS committee's putting LSU to the test against new #1 OSU to add to a dramatic season.
    I've been AIM-ing back and forth with a UGA sister of mine and it's been nothing but "EFF THE BCS!" Nothing against us, she says, but the Sugar Bowl's a trap game. UGA got screwed (I agree, I'd rather see UGA up there and NOT LSU) despite having a great season. She's one pissed off Dawg.

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
    I have to throw this out there and please don't think I'm picking on you, Cyn, but please be careful when making reference to the Ohio Bobcats and the Ohio State Buckeyes. Two different football teams and depending on where you are, can get your head chopped off.

In my travels as a sorority consultant to the Midwest, I learned from an OSU sister that it's NOT "Ohio State," but rather "THE Ohio State University." I'm so not kidding.
    hey, it's more proof that i'm generally nonchalant when it comes to sports. if i've offended anyone with my ignorance...hey, i'm sorry! i'm ignorant when it comes to sports, and i'm not ashamed to admit it! just thot it was interesting to see hawaii to get some respect where i know we don't usually.

besides, i'm not all that sure i would know which would be a buckeye or a bobcat in the animal world, either...

Leave a comment:

• Lei Liko
    replied

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
    wow. on the msnbc "Which teams should play in the BCS championship game on Jan. 7?" poll (4300 votes so far), 21% said it should be LSU v. Ohio. the next largest percentage (12%) said it should be hawaii v. ohio. even looking through the comments in the discussion boards, it's nice to see that being the only undefeated team, despite all the poo-pooing of the schedule, gets quite a bit of props.
    I have to throw this out there and please don't think I'm picking on you, Cyn, but please be careful when making reference to the Ohio Bobcats and the Ohio State Buckeyes. Two different football teams and depending on where you are, can get your head chopped off.

In my travels as a sorority consultant to the Midwest, I learned from an OSU sister that it's NOT "Ohio State," but rather "THE Ohio State University." I'm so not kidding.

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

wow. on the msnbc "Which teams should play in the BCS championship game on Jan. 7?" poll (4300 votes so far), 21% said it should be LSU v. Ohio. the next largest percentage (12%) said it should be hawaii v. ohio. even looking through the comments in the discussion boards, it's nice to see that being the only undefeated team, despite all the poo-pooing of the schedule, gets quite a bit of props.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    UH is #10 AP and USA Today
    ...and #7 on the AllState Fan Poll.

Yeah, I took it just for fun.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sport...d=15&listId=22

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

UH is #10 AP and USA Today

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

^^ UGA vs. UH. I project LSU heading to the Title Game. LSU's probably leapfrogging idle UGA come Sunday morning probably based on a win against a top 20 team in the SEC championship. The NCAA's about profits and ratings, and with Les Miles whining to the media a lot this week (we're undefeated in overtime! ), so I think the BCS committee's putting LSU to the test against new #1 OSU to add to a dramatic season.

Edit: should voters drop a team that won in Hawaii again, is there a possibility of ASU sliding into the Sugar instead?
    Last edited by Mike_Lowery; December 1, 2007, 11:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TuNnL
    replied

With a win over the Washington Huskies, who will the Warriors face in the Sugar Bowl? Many pundits are predicting LSU will move up - possible to the championship game, now that both #1 Missouri (incidentally, ESPN’s pre-game poll showed most Hawai‘i residents correctly predicting the Sooners would take down the Tigers) and #2 West Virginia lost this weekend.

Predictions?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X