replied
    Re: Hawai‘i Warriors’s Post-season Hopes

Originally posted by Random View Post
    Hypothetically speaking...

Who would be our opponent in the:

1) Sugar Bowl?
    2) Fiesta Bowl?
    3) Rose Bowl?
    Sugar Bowl - lLSU (they're out of the National Championship game) or Georgia;
    Fiesta - Oklahoma or Kansas;
    Rose - USC, Arizona State, or UCLA (long-shot).

The Rose Bowl traditionally matches Big 10 with Pac 10. USC and Ohio State are the most likely, but OSU still has a chance to make the NC game if either Missouri or West Virginia lose this week. Then, the Buckeyes slide in, which opens the Rose Bowl slot. USC, with two losses, is out of NC consideration.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Hypothetically speaking...

Who would be our opponent in the:

1) Sugar Bowl?
    2) Fiesta Bowl?
    3) Rose Bowl?

Leave a comment:

• scrivener
    replied

There was some talk on 1420 this morning that the Rose Bowl is not out of the question. How cool would THAT be?

Leave a comment:

• Lei Liko
    replied

I know that we still have no clue which Bowl Game the Warriors will play in, but there's already some speculation that (assuming they win Saturday's game and maintain their BCS rank) they'll be Fiesta Bowl-bound. I also recall reading about the Sugar Bowl somewhere.

Are any of you guys actually planning on following the Warriors to their Bowl Game?

If the Warriors do get the Fiesta Bowl, I'm most likely heading to Glendale. If the boss lets me, of course.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Goes to prove, I guess, that ya can't believe everything ya read on the 'net, doncha know!
    Oh, I know, all right. Believe me. Based on personal experience, I really really know!

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    I don't get it. In post #67 I predicted we'd be #12 (as did Mike), but in post #69 I gave the link that said we'd only moved up to #14. What I don't get is that the link I gave had us moved up and also had us at 11-0 and also showed Kansas with the one loss, so I figured the rankings were correct too. Maybe Sports Illustrated or CNN made the boo-boo? I dunno. Anyone know?
    Goes to prove, I guess, that ya can't believe everything ya read on the 'net, doncha know!

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

I don't get it. In post #67 I predicted we'd be #12 (as did Mike), but in post #69 I gave the link that said we'd only moved up to #14. What I don't get is that the link I gave had us moved up and also had us at 11-0 and also showed Kansas with the one loss, so I figured the rankings were correct too. Maybe Sports Illustrated or CNN made the boo-boo? I dunno. Anyone know?
    Not that it really matters, cuz what matters is we ARE #12. Wooo-HOO!!!

Leave a comment:

• oggboy
    replied

These guy`s deserve it, no. 12 for BCS..... They finally made the right decision. Hawaii Warriors earned it and finally got the respect they deserve.
    YOU MADE HAWAII PROUD WARRIORS!!!!

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    Wait a minute...Hawaii is #12 in BCS.[...]
    Yep! Breaking news here.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

Wait a minute...Hawaii is #12 in BCS.

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    Hawaii will be #9, USA Today, #10 AP, #10 Harris, #12 BCS.
    Damn, I was so close.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    What the he**?!?!??? The new BCS rankings are at this link and we only moved up one spot, from #16 to # 15!!!
    Ahead of us are three teams with three losses each and seven teams with two losses each. Apparently our weak schedule is hurting us a lot more than expected.
    Not much of a surprise to me. Most teams with a strength of schedule ranking of 120 out of 120 rarely get into the top 10 in polls, much less the BCS. We'll get even less respect for playing in the WAC.

Which makes me ask--can the WAC change their name so we have a different acronym?

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

What the he**?!?!??? The new BCS rankings are at this link and we only moved up one spot, from #16 to # 15!!!
    Ahead of us are three teams with three losses each and seven teams with two losses each. Apparently our weak schedule is hurting us a lot more than expected.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

The ranking system sucks. A 3-loss team like Florida is ahead of Hawaii in the AP? We need to get rid of human thought.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Yep, from 13 to 10 in the coaches poll, and from 14 to 11 in the AP poll.
    I'm guessing we'll be right at the magical #12 in the BCS ranking later today.

Leave a comment:

• cezanne
    replied
    Coaches' Poll 11/25

Ranked 10th in USAToday Coaches' Poll.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X