Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Sugar Bowl plans?

Anybody got special plans?
    I'm going to watch it at home, alone, so I can actually listen to the broadcast. I'm one of those who likes to hear what's happening, which is impossible at large parties.
    My phone will be turned off too, except for when I call Pizza Hut for a delivery.
    And your plans are... ?

Go Warriors!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: Your Sugar Bowl plans?

All 10 of us our jumping in our cars and heading over to my Uncle's home in Wailuku for a little "Sugar Bowl" of our own. We've ordered the shrimp and sushi platters, made a stop at Costco, and should be fully recovered from New Year's Eve celebration well before the afternoon kickoff!

C'MON WARRIORS!
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
      Anybody got special plans?
      I'm going to watch it at home, alone, so I can actually listen to the broadcast. I'm one of those who likes to hear what's happening, which is impossible at large parties.
      My phone will be turned off too, except for when I call Pizza Hut for a delivery.
      And your plans are... ?

Go Warriors!!!
      My New Year's tradition, in recent years, has always been to spend it quietly, thoughtfully, reflectively. This year will be no different ... except that the Sugar Bowl will be in there somewhere, hugely in there somewhere. I don't know what I'm going to be eating or drinking, but I will be prepared. What I don't know is what I'll be doing after the game. Will I be depressed, suicidal, totally out of it? Or will I be ecstatic, super-hyper, unable to sleep for the rest of the night?

I'm hoping for the latter.

Comment

Now that I have HD I'll have a couple of friends over for almost theater style viewing. While I'm not much of a football fan, the Sugar Bowl is just too exciting to miss. I'll probably grab a coupla foot long subs from Subway downstairs, make my favorite dessert, buy some chips and nuts and stock the refrig with some beer and wine.

I'm not even entertaining the thought of the Warriors losing.

Comment

We're going to be taking our now traditional New Year's trip to the Big Island, and will be staying in a vacation rental up in Volcano. I'm not sure if we'll be watching the game, or completely unaware that it's happening (let alone what day it is). I suspect I'll get lots of game play-by-play via Twitter!

Comment

Will probably be watching the game on a big TV at a friend's house. I'm not that big of a sports fan, but hey, this thing is being hyped to death and it's a "can't miss" game. Hmmm... maybe I'll take my laptop with me and twitter or post the game from the friend's place... I know they have wifi.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I dunno. What places will open on New Year's Day and have TVs?
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I was thinking about watching the beginning part of it at the Blaisdell and the latter part of it at a friend's party on the Windward side.

About Blaisdell's party--does anyone have more info?

This is all I could find, Star Bulletin's article "UH season ticket holders get Sugar fix", which only says "... a local entrepreneur has reserved the Blaisdell Arena to show the Hawaii-Georgia game New Year's Day on two huge high-definition screens. Admission will be free, with food, drinks and souvenirs for sale."

Comment

Front-center with our new HDTV. A few friends will be over while the girls cook and bring us beers... <JOKING!>

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
                    Front-center with our new HDTV. A few friends will be over while the girls cook and bring us beers... <JOKING!>
                    My advice to you: wear hard hat. Worse if your gf is a softball pitcher.

Comment

I'll be sittin' on the Georgia side of the line in front of my TV, waitin' to rake in 200 simoles when they win by 2 TDs!
                      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Fyi....the Blaisdell event has been cancelled....I read somewhere on the latest news that it was...HOWEVER, per wut I heard tonite on Ch2, at Dole Cannery Ballroom will be free...however, there is a slight charge for the grinds there....thats for us lonely ones. Another one is at north shore...Laie Park...dunno how dark it can be so that if its outdoors, would be hard to see the play by play. I dont think Sears or Compusa will appreciate us hanging out in the tv section for awhile....so, if no invites here, will probably get some $$$ and go Dole Cannery....far better than Club "whatevah" and the bar hostesses.

Comment

Originally posted by hifotog View Post
                          Fyi....the Blaisdell event has been cancelled....I read somewhere on the latest news that it was...HOWEVER, per wut I heard tonite on Ch2, at Dole Cannery Ballroom will be free...however, there is a slight charge for the grinds there....
                          You're right about the Blaisdell event, according to the Times Picayune article "Hawaii Football Notes"

It says "PARTY PROBLEMS: According to Hawaii newspapers, what had been planned as "The Largest Shuga Party in Hawaii" was canceled because of a lack of sponsorship."

According to the Honolulu Advertiser, the Dole Ballroom event will not be free. "Sugar Bowl Gathering at Dole Ballrooms."

Comment

Oh yeah...forgot about that story...thanks for bringing it up...maybe forced now to go visit the bar....make that sports bar. Anyways, I will try call that C in C up..cuz they DID mention on tv that to enter is FREE but the partaking of pupus will cost YA!!!! Much mahalos!!!!!

Comment

What? Ala Moana Center no like put TVs in the Food Court?

Oh, yeah, they prefer tourists, not locals.

Comment

Working...
                              X