Bye bye, Herman Frazier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bye bye, Herman Frazier

Is Marilyn Moniz-Kahoohanohano still there? If so, I'd like to see her get a shot as interim.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      Is Marilyn Moniz-Kahoohanohano still there? If so, I'd like to see her get a shot as interim.
      Actually, Charles(?) Clapp have been named interim AD on this very day Frazier is being ousted.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
        That and he's more known for hiring Fred Von Appen after letting Bob Wagner go.
        Well, nobody's perfect!

The important thing is that Hugh Yoshida managed to redeem himself with getting June Jones after the Von Appen fiasco.

I mean, if one bad coaching hire makes the AD's tenure a failure in your own eyes, then Stan Sheriff should be condemned for hiring Frank Arnold as the basketball coach.

Thing is, Sheriff redeemed himself by correcting that mistake with Riley Wallace, the man who would go on to become UH's winningest men's basketball coach ever.

Herman Frazier, OTOH, has no saving grace. He's failed at everthing. Not raising enough money to upgrade the facilities. Alienating longtime athletic boosters. Proscrastinating on the football schedule. Forcing out Riley Wallace and procrastinating on hiring his successor. And now, losing June Jones. His biggest and final blunder. It wasn't the straw that broke the camel's back. More like a grand piano being dropped.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
          Well, nobody's perfect!

The important thing is that Hugh Yoshida managed to redeem himself with getting June Jones after the Von Appen fiasco.

I mean, if one bad coaching hire makes the AD's tenure a failure in your own eyes, then Stan Sheriff should be condemned for hiring Frank Arnold as the basketball coach.

Thing is, Sheriff redeemed himself by correcting that mistake with Riley Wallace, the man who would go on to become UH's winningest men's basketball coach ever.
          Hey, I don't speak ill of the dead, unless it's Hitler, Dahmer, etc.

Comment

I know this is probably going to burn you guys up more, but this is from an Advertiser article today:

The beginning of the end of June Jones' tenure as the University of Hawai'i's head football coach could be traced to March 2006.

The Warriors had finished 5-7 in 2005. But Jones believed the core of first-year starters — quarterback Colt Brennan, receivers Davone Bess and Ryan Grice-Mullins, defensive lineman Michael Lafaele, and linebackers Adam Leonard and Solomon Elimimian — would help lead the Warriors to the brink of a success.

To fulfill that potential, Jones felt, two moves were needed. Jones wanted to rehire Dennis McKnight, who left the program in 2000, to become the offensive line coach. Jones also wanted to create a fundraising position for his mentor, Darrell "Mouse" Davis, who had served as offensive assistant coach in 2005.

Jones approached Athletics Director Herman Frazier with a unique offer. Jones was entering the fourth season of a five-year contract in which he earned $800,016 annually, half of which was paid from donations.

Jones offered to sign a new five-year contract, taking a large pay cut that would reduce his annual salary to $500,000. The savings, Jones said, would be used to hire McKnight, create a non-coaching position for Davis, and boost the recruiting budget. The only stipulation was the deal needed to be completed in time for the start of spring practice in April.

Frazier rejected Jones' offer.

The two never discussed terms of a contract proposal again until last Thursday — the day Jones received a proposal outline from Southern Methodist University.

On Christmas Eve, Steinberg sent Frazier an e-mail asking permission to listen to offers from other schools. Frazier approved the request.
            Good riddance!

Comment

Originally posted by Kittrick View Post
              I know this is probably going to burn you guys up more, but this is from an Advertiser article today:
              I don't think I can be burned up any more than I was when JJ officially announced his leaving yesterday.

But that article (along with the complete unedited e-mail that June Jones wrote to Herman Frazier) should pretty much convince anyone who holds June responsible for this mess. Clearly, our do-nothing AD is the real culprit, not June. And our "esteemed" UH president David McClain, who was stupid enough to trust that incompetent AD with handling the negotiations and sitting on his hands until only the last few days, when it was too late. Frazier gets fired (as he should.) But McClain thinks he can get away scott-free by just issuing an apology? I say we can his sorry okole too, along with the chancellor!

Good fer nuthin', overpaid bums! All of 'em!
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                I don't think I can be burned up any more than I was when JJ officially announced his leaving yesterday.

But that article (along with the complete unedited e-mail that June Jones wrote to Herman Frazier) should pretty much convince anyone who holds June responsible for this mess. Clearly, our do-nothing AD is the real culprit, not June. And our "esteemed" UH president David McClain, who was stupid enough to trust that incompetent AD with handling the negotiations and sitting on his hands until only the last few days, when it was too late. Frazier gets fired (as he should.) But McClain thinks he can get away scott-free by just issuing an apology? I say we can his sorry okole too, along with the chancellor!

Good fer nuthin', overpaid bums! All of 'em!
                Is it me or is there a revolving door installed in front of the UH President's office?

Comment

Herman Frazier is the WORST hire in UH history. WORSE then Frank Arnold and Fred vonAppen: those two were only around for two and three years, respectively, and affected only their sports. Frazier had been blundering around for 5-1/2 years, threatening o bring down the entire athletic program.

It didn't have to be that way, but Frazier is a LAZY ASS PROCRASTINATOR who masqueraded as an athletic director.

Second worst hire: Evan Dobelle (Dumbbell to many) as UH president. It was Dobelle who hired Frazier as AD. Dobelle was partial to "celebrity" hires. Frazier filled the bill as an Olympic gold medalist.

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy View Post
                    Do you think that the success of Junes Jones was due to the fact that he did not have island ties and came in with a fresh perspective?
                    June Jones played QB at UH in '73-74 and was a graduate assistant under Dick Tomey in '83.

I hope the door hit you really hard on the way out, Frazier.
                    "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...125647398.html

Orange they glad to have him.

Comment

Working...
                      X