Brett Favre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Favre

Should Brett Favre stay retired, return to the Packers or play for another NFL team, or make a guest appearance on Something About Mary2?

Re: Brett Favre

he should make an appearance on something about mary2!
    "chaos reigns within.
    reflect, repent and reboot.
    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Brett Favre gets criticized for changing his mind. When you're a quarterback, that's called making an audible against the defense. Peyton Manning changes his mind on every play.

Comment

But you don't see Peyton retiring anytime soon.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

could we just stop all the crying? um, i'm referring to brett baby.
          "chaos reigns within.
          reflect, repent and reboot.
          order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

The Green Bay Packers are accusing the Minnesota Vikings of tampering for talking with Brett Favre. Why are the Packers ****blocking Brett Favre when he wants to score with another team?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
              The Green Bay Packers are accusing the Minnesota Vikings of tampering for talking with Brett Favre. Why are the Packers ****blocking Brett Favre when he wants to score with another team?
              Because if they can't have Favre, then no one should. At least that's how I would feel if I'm a Packers' executive suit.

Besides, with all the money we're giving top-rated athletes, the least they could do is act like they submitted their will to whoever signed their contract and pay them, until that contract is expired.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                Because if they can't have Favre, then no one should. At least that's how I would feel if I'm a Packers' executive suit.
                Cause, Ever Move Favre Makes,
                Ever Breath He Takes,
                We Will Be Watching Favre.

Comment

The Green Bay Packers iin this Brett Favre drama are acting like a jealous ex-boyfriend who doesn't want her to date anyone else, or the not as attractive friend of the hot woman who ****blocks any guy from hooking up with her.

Comment

Breaking News !!

Favre traded to the JETS.

That's gonna cause some cheesy tears.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                      Breaking News !!

Favre traded to the JETS.

That's gonna cause some cheesy tears.
                      I hate to be Coach McCarthy right now. I expect the press conference tomorrow will contain someone throwing stinky cheese at the idiots who traded Favre away.

This is the football equivalent of the infamous trading of Babe Ruth.

Comment

OMG Random. Never thought of it that way. Could it be 60 years till the next Green Bay Championship?
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I hate to be Coach McCarthy right now. I expect the press conference tomorrow will contain someone throwing stinky cheese at the idiots who traded Favre away.
                          Speaking as someone who is a Packer Backer, I would say that the trade was in the interests of both parties. Favre gets an opportunity to be a starter. As much as Brett may claim to bleed green and gold, he did not want to spend the 2008 season as a back-up.

The Pack gets a 3rd/4th round draft pick, that could rise as high as a 1st round pick, depending on Favre's performance. But most importantly, Favre will not be playing for an NFC North divisional rival. Believe you me, Brett playing for the Jets instead of the Vikings/Bears makes the deal significantly more palatable to even the most ardent pro-Favre cheesehead.

And if fans are going to take their frustrations out on anybody within the Packer organization, it would be at GM Ted Thompson rather than McCarthy.

This is the football equivalent of the infamous trading of Babe Ruth.
                          I agree with you,..... but perhaps not in the same way you may be thinking.

The Falcons trading a 22 year old Brett Favre to the Packers was the equivalent of the Red Sox selling a young Babe to the Yankees. The Packers trading a 38 year old Favre to the Jets is likewise the equivalent of the Yankees unloading the old Bambino on the Braves.
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Aw! Brett Favre is traded to the New York Football Jets. I wanted him to go to the Vikings. The tv ratings would be big for the home opening between the Packers and the Vikings. I wonder if the NFL commissioner wanted Favre going to the biggest market of NY or have more NFL drama with Favre in Minnesota.
                            I saw on ESPN the ten biggest Favre plays. They showed his first playoff win at Detroit on a last minute touchdown pass to Sterling Sharpe. Was the Detroit Lions in the playoffs once?

Comment

Broadway Brett? Just as long as he doesn't pose for Cosmo magazine!!!
                              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                              X