UH Warriors vs. NM State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH Warriors vs. NM State

After a heart-stopping first drive, in which the Aggies seemed to score a TD at will, Hawai‘i has recovered to lead New Mexico State 35-17 at halftime. Got to give a lot of credit to Greg Alexander for sacrificing his body on those QB keep plays. And welcome back Kealoha Pilares, who is already making his presence felt.

Go Warriors!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Re: UH Warriors vs. NM State

At the end of the third quarter, the Warriors maintain a wide lead at 42-24, despite having another one of their famous “red-zone meltdowns.” NM State’s Chase Holbrook has been able to find some fast guys for big yardage, but Hawai‘i is just too strong.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Watched the last 2 quarters of the game on my radio. Only saw the numbers 1420 and heard the score build up to 42 to 30 in favor of Hawaii. Last 5 minutes was way too long.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Only listened to the game...

Alexander it seems, has been improving exponentially since his 'benching', w/over 200 yards in just the first quarter today.
        Pretty good stuff from the rest, again a few dropped balls..., but there is something lacking from last year, besides the graduated players. Hopefully, these crimps will be ironed out by seasons end so we can play big time again next year.

GO BOWS!
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

UH had a lot more energy today than last week. It has to be because of the travel going East that screws up your body clock.

Comment

I think it's just more of the same old problem that has stymied these teams for years, they don't always play inspired, and when they get down in points, they get down in spirit. That's not how warriors fight, and our Warriors need to fight their hardest from beginning till the end. That leaves a mental and physical impression that lasts on opponents. NMS played tuff till the end and almost pulled it out.

Comment

Two out of Three Ain't Bad. UH just needs two more victories to be invited to the Hawaii Bowl.

Comment

FOR YEARS??? It's obvious that some people haven't been watching UH very much. What would you say about last year's Washington game with UH coming back from a 21-0 first quarter deficit to trail 28-21 at the half and pitching a second-half shutout on the Huskies? Or the road win vs. San Jose State trailing 35-21 late in the 4th quarter, scoring two TDs in the last four minutes to force OT and win 42-35? Or, running the table in 2004 over Idaho, Northwestern, and Michigan State to make the Hawaii Bowl and beat UAB? That's the same year UH got romped on the road by Boise (69-3) and Fresno (70-14).

Some of you need to do research before blowing out useless and incorrect verbiage from your pie-hole!

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                  FOR YEARS???

Some of you need to do research before blowing out useless and incorrect verbiage from your pie-hole!
                  Be Cool. R.W is on our side.

Comment

honestly...it really isn't that serious op
                    stay forever young

Comment

Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

From my pie hole straight up your alley

You're right, OP, I don't watch very many games, but I listen to them all.
                        What about last year?
                        That was last year, a whole 'nuther team, and an exception to the rule that we are now struggling to equal and then better.
                        We set the bar to a whole new level last year, and then lost a ton of vital personel.

Comment

My apologies if I came off too harshly. It wasn't personal.

Too many "bandwagon" fans are quick to criticize the team (coaches, players, and administration) in regard to this year's performance without taking into account the loss of our record-breaking QB and his posse of receivers (three 1000-yard producers). The "fans" are spoiled, and its those kinds that I get infuriated with. A bunch of "Johnny-come-latelys" who infect the airways and letters to the editor with nonsense. It's likely that they never weathered the 0-12 vonAppen season (1998), whereas June Jones took virtually the same players to 9-4 in 1999 with a WAC co-championship and aa Aloha Bowl win over Oregon State.

I had projected an 8-5 record this season, but I see 7-6 as acceptable. I harbored no delusions about our road games against Florida, Oregon State, Boise, and Fresno. The Fresno win was a pleasant surprise off-setting the home loss to San Jose. Getting trounced by Utah State was disappointing. For the balance of the season, I expect wins over Idaho and Wazoo, but Cincy will be a real dog-fight. We have a chance now that the offense seems to have found itself.
                          Last edited by oceanpacific; November 11, 2008, 12:03 PM.

Comment

My apologies if I came off too harshly. It wasn't personal. Too many "bandwagon" fans are quick to criticize the team (coaches, players, and administration) in regard to this year's performance without taking into account the loss of our record-breaking QB and his posse of receivers (three 1000-yard producers).
                            *sp makes mental note - tip toe on stones when critizing u.h in the presence of his greatness oceanpacific*
                            stay forever young

Comment

Dig it, OP

We're on the same page.

GO BOWS!

Comment

Working...
                              X