Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UH Basketball, how would you grade them so far under coach Arnold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH Basketball, how would you grade them so far under coach Arnold?

I'll admit that I got caught up in all the "hype" surrounding Coach Arnold's recruiting talents. I mean look at this roster he put together,....rather late in the recruiting year. I see all kinds of promise with a whole season of recruiting under coach Arnold's belt.

Ain't no doubt, UH could use a "blue chip" recruit or two. But when was the last time that has happened for the school up in Manoa Valley?
    Hey, I gotta idea with regard to getting a Big time player to UH Manoa. Since Coach was previously at USC. Maybe he could, I mean UH could look at the possiblities of offering this guy a scholarship?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/colleg...,1543046.story

Re: UH Basketball, how would you grade them so far under coach Arnold?

Their .500 win lost record isn't that bad. But, they had a Herman Frazier type of easy schedule at the start of the season. The two WAC home losses showed me not to get excited about the team.

Comment

What did Jim Leahey say about the Rainbow Dancers that he had to apologize for it?

Comment

After beating NMSU on Senior Night, the men's BasketBows under Gib Arnold now stands at 17-10. The 17 wins is already half of what Bob Nash managed to scrape together in THREE FULL YEARS as the head coach.

So much for wisdom of the Keep Bob Nash contingent.

Speaking of UH hoops coaches, two former Bows assistant coaches are facing off against each other on national TV today. #6 Pittsburgh, under the direction of Jamie Dixon, is playing Rick Pitino's #16 Louisville team.

Ah, if only UH had the money and resources to have kept those great basketball minds. What could have been...
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I heard Leahey's apology at the end of the gamecast . . . but not the faux pas. What DID he say?

Comment

Believe Pitino made his head coaching (as interim) debut in February 1976 at home against UNLV..another forgotten assistant from his era at UH was Pete Gillen.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
              What did Jim Leahey say about the Rainbow Dancers that he had to apologize for it?
              What's the point of posting if no one is going to answer your question? There has to be someone who heard what Jim Leahey said.

Comment

Say What?!

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                they had a Herman Frazier type of easy schedule at the start of the season. The two WAC home losses showed me not to get excited about the team.
                Schedule aside, to me, it’s hard not to get excited about this team! Sure they got a slow start, but Hawai‘i is a young team with a first-year head coach. And just like Frankie pointed out, they sure figured things out in a hurry!

Tuesday night was a quality win against a tough Portland team in UH’s first appearance in a post-season non-conference tournament since 2004! Here’s some photos from the CollegeInsider.com Tournament first-round game:

I’ll be rooting for them again this Saturday at the Stanley. Go Rainbow Warriors!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

I would consider this a successful season. I predicted a .500 season at best. But with the eye test, this was an exciting team.

Comment

I was told that he heard Jim Leahey said that the Rainbow Dancers dressed like a row of Snookies.
                    Good or Bad?

Comment

Did another player transfered?

Comment

If you're going to bend the rules. Do it big like the University of North Carolina and Syracuse basketball teams.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...164815196.html

UH got bluffed by the NCAA too.

Comment

No head coach & best player.
                            Do you believe in miracles? Yesss...

Comment

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2...caa-violations

What was the penalty against the University of North Carolina basketball team from having a fake class created by the university for over 10 years?

Comment

Working...
                              X