X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salmoned
    replied
    Re: MLB on free-tv? Who'da guessed?

My original schedule may be more accurate than the personal email schedule I received - ME-TV lists 1 Jun as next game.

Leave a comment:

• salmoned
    replied

Here's the schedule I was provided as a result of email request:

ME-TV Giants Schedule
    Fri May 18 -- 4pm vs. the Oakland A's
    Tues, May 29 -- 4pm vs. Arizona Diamondbacks
    Fri June 8 -- 4pm vs. Texas Rangers
    Fri June 15 -- 4pm at Seattle
    Fri June 22 -- 4pm at Oakland A's
    Mon June 25 -- 4pm vs. L.A. Dodgers
    Fri July 13 -- 4pm vs. Houston Astros
    Mon July 23 -- 4pm vs. San Diego Padres
    Wed Aug 22 -- 4pm at L.A. Dodgers
    Fri Aug 24 -- 4pm vs. Atlanta Braves
    Fri Sept 14 -- 3:30pm at Arizona Diamondbacks
    Sat Sept 29 -- 2:30pm at San Diego Padres

Leave a comment:

• Frankie's Market
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Just curious: are there radio stations in Hawai`i that still broadcast MLB games? (I'm one of those old futs who prefers baseball on radio to television.) If so, what teams?
    As of now, only KUMU-AM is broadcasting MLB, with Sunday ESPN games and SF Giants games on days whenever nothing local (i.e. UH or high school) is going on.

Up until 10 years ago, KGU was an all-sports station and was an affiliate for the networks of the Dodgers, Giants, and Angels. This meant that they usually had multiple live games to broadcast during the early and late afternoon time slots.

Ah, those were the days.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Just curious: are there radio stations in Hawai`i that still broadcast MLB games? (I'm one of those old futs who prefers baseball on radio to television.) If so, what teams?

Leave a comment:

• Palama Kid
    replied

Easy fix: Juss move to the Bay Area, sign up for COMCAST cable, then watch SF Giants / Oakland A's to your heart's content. See? No big ting.

Not free, though.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
    Hawaiian kine, Leo. Dem's da fax.
    Sorry you don't get more games. As why hahd. Junk, yeah?

Leave a comment:

• salmoned
    replied

Hawaiian kine, Leo. Dem's da fax.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

I see, you assumed that they were going to broadcast those listings.
    Yes, I did, simply because I took them at their word when those listings were under the heading: "Programs airing within the next 2 weeks." Then, as you noted, if you click on the individual listings, you get this (for all but one listing): "We're sorry, there are no broadcasts of this TV show in the next two weeks." Since I am not an employee of KITV or Tribune Media Services (provider of the Zap2It listings), I am not in a position to explain the discrepancy or conflicting information provided on their website.

Leave a comment:

• salmoned
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Try that site, then do a search for "San Francisco Giants." Maybe they will update it in a few weeks with even more listings.
    I see, you assumed that they were going to broadcast those listings. Try clicking on the listings and you'll see they are not expecting to broadcast them (other than the one I previously mentioned). I think my list may be comprehensive, though 5 other games just might also enter the mix. I hope this benefits others interested in watching.

Leave a comment:

• Frankie's Market
    replied

I find it an exciting development - MLB has priced poor fans out of the game, now we get to rekindle some sort of a relationship. It's good for me.
    Point taken. A few televised games are better than nothing. Perhaps I have gotten jaded and spoiled over the years. What I think of as meager offerings from the local OTA stations could very well be looked upon by others as an absolute glut of baseball broadcasts that subscriptions to MLB.TV and cable provides.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

How odd, when I check that site, I just get the game I listed and no others.
    Try that site, then do a search for "San Francisco Giants." Maybe they will update it in a few weeks with even more listings.

Leave a comment:

• salmoned
    replied

How odd, when I check that site, I just get the game I listed and no others.

On another site I get (Pacific Time):

Fri, May 18 vs. Oakland 7:15 PM
    Fri, Jun 1 vs. Chi Cubs 7:15 PM
    Fri, Jun 8 vs. Texas 7:15 PM
    Fri, Jun 15 @Seattle 7:10 PM
    Wed, Jun 20 @LA Angels 7:05 PM
    Fri, Jun 22 @Oakland 7:05 PM
    Fri, Jul 13 vs. Houston 7:15 PM
    Mon, Jul 23 vs. San Diego 7:15 PM
    Wed, Aug 22 @LA Dodgers 7:10 PM
    Fri, Aug 24 vs. Atlanta 7:15 PM
    Fri, Sep 14 @Arizona 6:40 PM
    Sat, Sep 29 @San Diego 5:35 PM
    Last edited by salmoned; May 11, 2012, 05:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Wish I could find the entire schedule, but it looks like the next game will be May 18th (vs Oakland).
    All I could find was:

MLB Baseball (Colorado Rockies at San Francisco Giants: Tue, May 15, 4:00 PM)
    MLB Baseball (St. Louis Cardinals at San Francisco Giants: Wed, May 16, 4:00 PM)
    MLB Baseball (Oakland Athletics at San Francisco Giants: Fri, May 18, 4:00 PM)
    MLB Baseball (Oakland Athletics at San Francisco Giants: Sun, May 20, 10:00 AM)
    MLB Baseball (San Francisco Giants at Milwaukee Brewers: Wed, May 23, 7:00 AM)

(from http://www.kitv.com/tv/metv)

Leave a comment:

• salmoned
    replied

Wish I could find the entire schedule, but it looks like the next game will be May 18th (vs Oakland).

Leave a comment:

• salmoned
    replied

I find it an exciting development - MLB has priced poor fans out of the game, now we get to rekindle some sort of a relationship. It's good for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X