Te'o blows draft prospects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Te'o blows draft prospects?

I was wondering about this last nite... http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...1660--nfl.html

The Fighting Irish got squished into little green guys by The Tide.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Te'o blows draft prospects?

Not sure exactly what you're suggesting. Could you elaborate?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Don't forget that Vince Young of Texas and Matt Leinhart of USC had great BCS championship games. Where are they now in the National Football League?

Comment

Te'o won't be the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft. But he will still be a 1st round pick. The notion that Teo's draft prospects have been "blown" is nothing more than the usual Ron Whitfield hyperbole.

What the BCS game against 'Bama showed was that Te'o, indeed, has a ways to go in adjusting to the speed of players that he will likely have to defend against on a regular basis in the NFL. He may not have the raw speed and lateral quickness that will make him a dominating ILB like Ray Lewis in his prime, but Manti could still be an impact player in the pros if he develops an instinct for where the ball is headed.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

GFY FM

Now back to our regular programming...
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Ron, you haven't said what you mean, so I don't think FM's response is fair. I'm leaning toward FM's interpretation myself: based on history, it seems extremely unlikely that Teo BLEW his draft prospects. The guy is going to get drafted. So I assumed you either didn't mean "blow his prospects" or you were exaggerating or you meant something else, like he blew his top-five first-round draft prospects, which is usually dependent on teams' needs anyway. If you start a thread and expect people to participate, you can't be vague and then be snarky when someone participates in a way that doesn't fall into line with whatever you had in mind for "regular programming," especially not when someone asks you to clarify your original post.

Don't be such a jerk.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
              GFY FM
              I can't find that station on the dial.
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

I meant I think FM's response IS fair. Dang it. I read that three times before posting it and still didn't catch that.
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...bcs-title-game

But someone else at that game had their stock go up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    GFY FM
                    Does this mean I'm off your Xmas card list?
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Okay. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it right here: Manti Te'o is not a victim of hoax, as he claims after his dead girlfriend (Lennay Kekua) was exposed as a fabrication.

He is a liar.

Sad.

Comment

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=187197641

He should just come clean now before it becomes a Wonder blunder situation where the cover up is worse than the shame of being conned.

Comment

Notre Dame stands by Manti Te’o, says he was “perfect mark” for a hoax.
                          Aches & Pains
                          (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                            He is a liar.
                            As George Constanza would say, "It's not a lie if you believe it." If he was lying, he has the right stuff to be a politician. Am I right people?
                            Remember that no one has played with the truth on their resumes.
                            Last edited by Walkoff Balk; January 17, 2013, 08:35 PM.

Comment

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...re-dame-011813

When is the movie?

Comment

Working...
                              X