General NFL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General NFL Thread

So far this season ESPN has been showing a re-run of the MNF game at 7:00pm. I wonder how that's going for all the sports bars that used to play up the old tape-delayed KITV broadcast. Anyone a denizen of those places?
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

With Shaun Alexander out of commission for at least a couple of games because of a broken foot, I sadly have to say that Oakland will probably win in the SEA-OAK game, unless by some minor miracle, the Hawks' offensive team can work some mojo. But I'm hopeful it won't be a massacre.
      Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Seattle will not lose to Oakland w/ or w/out Alexander!
        Oakland sucks this year.

However, Alexander being out this week against the Bears is going to hurt.

Comment

Can't believe the news about TO's suicide attempt.

I really started hating him when he torpedoed the Niners and the Eagles, but now I just kind of feel sorry for him. I hope he gets some help. The media didn't do him any favors, either. They've been on him like white on rice for the last few years. I wouldn't be surprised if they reported how many times he goes shi-shi every day.

Yeah, he craved attention and did outrageous things, but I never got the impression he did it out of intentional malice. He was just being himself, strange as that was.

Comment

TO took 35 (!) pills at once and wants everyone to believe that he didn't intend to harm himself??? If you believe that .............

Comment

Defending state champion Kahuku is tied with four other high schools with the most players on NFL rosters, USA Football announced.

The five Kahuku products are Aaron Francisco (Arizona Cardinals), Chris Kemoeatu (Pittsburgh Steelers), Ma'ake Kemoeatu (Carolina Panthers), Itula Mil (Seattle Seahawks) and Chris Naeole (Jacksonville Jaguars).
              http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...673904815.html

Kahuku... congrats!

Comment

Don't forget Jessie Mahelona on the Titans. He is from Kealakehe HS in Kona.
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

my post was not about Hawaii players... it was about a specific High School.... Kahuku....

See the article for more info...

There's actually about 15 - 20 players from Hawaii in the NFL... however, Kahuku in particular has the Most CURRENTLY active in the NFL.

Comment

I have randomly seen people clad in Kahuku Red Raiders attire, on rare occasions, when I'm in Boston. I have no clue who the evident Red Raider fans were, that is, if they were ex-pats from Hawaii, or visitors from Hawaii, or if they bought their gear after reading about the strong Kahuku football program and tradition in a story published in the USA Today sometime ago from the Kahuku fan and gear web site, or even if they bought them second-hand at a Savers store. I never got the chance to talk to any of those I saw in the Kahuku gear, so I can only guess. But I must admit it's kind of surprising to see someone wearing Kahuku gear on this side of the mainland. Kahuku...when I hear that town name, I obviously think of the Red Raiders, but the next thing to pop in my mind after that is the shrimp they grow so big and momona out that way! And Kahuku papaya!! Those are some ono to me!

Comment

Big news to me: Juss heard that the Raiders / Browns game is on local TV !!! Cleveland !?!?! Unbelievable.

I picked the Browns to win this game. Hmmm . . . after what happened in New Orleans last week, I wonder if I should change that. Naaah.

The 49ers are always sold out, so we see all their games. No biggie there. I wonder when this might change, though.
                      Last edited by Palama Kid; September 28, 2006, 07:40 AM.
                      Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

In CFL related news...(Canadian Football League):

T.J. Acree, a second-year wide receiver with the British Columbia Lions of the Canadian Football League, was zapped with a stun gun during a disturbance outside a downtown sushi bar, police say....
                        http://www.bellinghamherald.com/apps.../NEWS/60928002

at least the cops zapped a person instead of a cow!

Comment

That's pretty cool about Kahuku. I'm surprised that there's only five players in the NFL that come from the same HS, though. You would think that those powerhouse schools in Texas and Florida would be churning out NFL players.

I'm starting to think that the TO incident was just an accident. How could he have OD'd the night before, then the next day was catching balls at practice and holding a press conference where he looked totally fine? I've never been around someone who has OD'd, but I imagine the aftermath would require an extended stay in the hospital, tests done, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                            my post was not about Hawaii players... it was about a specific High School.... Kahuku....

See the article for more info...

There's actually about 15 - 20 players from Hawaii in the NFL... however, Kahuku in particular has the Most CURRENTLY active in the NFL.
                            Anyone see tonights Kahuku vs. Farrington game on OC16?

it was 6 - 0 going into the final quarter....

Kahuku scored 32 points in the 4th quarter alone... 32!!! that's unbelievable....

times that 1 quarter by 4 and you have a 128 point game!

Comment

NFL WEEK 4
                              TV Schedule

Post your games if different-

San Diego at Baltimore
                              New Orleans at Carolina

Chinese Taipei at US ,uh, ooops, nevermind
                              New England at Cincinnati
                              You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Honolulu:
                                Morning Games:
                                New Orleans vs. Carolina: FOX
                                SD vs. Baltimore: CBS

Afternoon (Well in Hawaii... it's still morning 10:00 AM Start time):
                                Patriots vs. Cincinatti

WB (or is it Mytv now?): Replay of the UH vs. Eaastern Illinois Game from yesterday 10:00

ugh! that's all I can say...

Why did I change my freaking New Orleans pick?

I lost both morning televised games!

Comment

Working...
                                X