Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UH Haka

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
    ... Therefore, in the spirit of teaching a man how to fish, I am not telling you the correct answers. They are easy enough to find.
    Nothing better than tough love... and I guess I will share my knowledge with what I have learned off the board too ...

Gardangit Pua'i! HONI HONI!!! Wheres the Aloha... sheesh... you know my ohana...wtf... you expect me as an outsider to fricking ask these questions to them!!!...and then you tell me to use fricking google a non hawaiian entity to learn these things...

Geez... if you want to PM me the answers you may... I promise I won't tell anyone!!!

it's ironic that someone like you would make me go fish on a fricking haole search board to find my answers!!!!!!!!

I've been doing it... and I'm still not sure of my answers....

HONI HONI...

Please PM me the 5 correct answers if you choose, I promise not to share it with everyone else!

Mahalo,

Damon

Comment

No. Quit whining and get back to doing your homework.

pax

Comment

Pua'i is there a reason that you won't discuss this publicly?

I'm curious... Your asking me to do homework for an entire board...when this subject was supposed to be about the Haka...

What is so Hush Hush??? I can't get this own info from my wife, I can't get it from her Ohana...and Now you telling me to do homework on it...

Is it that bitter of a thing that people don't feel the need or reason to discuss this?

I'm tired of researching stuff on Haole sites... can you show me the direct link or something? and I can read from there?

Gardangit Pua'i... I love you ... but you frustrate me like a tease to the Hawaiian society...

Comment

Manoa:

"It is not the possession of truth, but the success which attends the seeking after it, that enriches the seeker and brings happiness to him."

-Max Planck

Or, this, about Socrates and his Socratic teaching method:
          Socrates believed that there were different kinds of knowledge, important and trivial. He acknowledges that most of us know many "trivial" things. He states that the craftsman possesses important knowledge, the practice of his craft, but this is important only to himself, the craftsman. But this is not the important knowledge that Socrates is referring to. The most important of all knowledge is "how best to live." He posits that this is not easily answered, and most people live in shameful ignorance regarding matters of ethics and morals. (Brickhouse & Smith 1, p.30)

Through his method of powerfully questioning his students, he seeks to guide them to discover the subject matter rather than simply telling them what they need to know. The goals of education are to know what you can; and, even more importantly, to know what you do not know.
          Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Manoa, cut it out. You brought this on yourself (review your question in post #21). Instead of me telling, and telling, and explaining, it is better for you to find out for yourself and the very questions I asked you to research will provide you that foundation.

However, if you've not the inclination, well you are a grown man. Decide for yourself.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
              Manoa:

"It is not the possession of truth, but the success which attends the seeking after it, that enriches the seeker and brings happiness to him."

-Max Planck

Or, this, about Socrates and his Socratic teaching method:

Miulang
              Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
              Manoa, cut it out. You brought this on yourself (review your question in post #21). Instead of me telling, and telling, and explaining, it is better for you to find out for yourself and the very questions I asked you to research will provide you that foundation.

However, if you've not the inclination, well you are a grown man. Decide for yourself.
              I'm sorry Pua'i the internet has only been around for so many years...

seeking knowledge from someone I trust is much more helpful than random links.

If you choose to keep your knowledge from me...then that is less that I can pass on to my own son that has Hawaiian in him...

I appreciate what you have expressed...and it's not your perogative to share your knowledge with anyone.... I mean frick... people pay good money to learn Hawaiian customs and Culture... .... I'm just trying to beat it out of you!

Pua'i.. .mahalo... Damon

Comment

Manoa, the answer to Puai's first question lays somehwere between 8 and 10, literally. Do your homework. You deserve a D for effort so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
                  Manoa, the answer to Puai's first question lays somehwere between 8 and 10, literally. Do your homework. You deserve a D for effort so far.
                  Thanks keanu for your input... so what's the big secret?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                    Thanks keanu for your input... so what's the big secret?
                    I've no secret, unless you are talking about the answer.

Comment

1)how many constitutions are associated with Hawaii government?
                      Technically 7, but I will count 8:
                      1840, 1841 (considered one) by KIII
                      1852 also by KIII
                      1864 KV
                      1887 Kalakaua, aka the Bayonnet Constitution
                      1891-1893 (Queen's Constitution, but this one didn't happen but it should be included, as it sparked the Overthrow)
                      1894 (Constitution of the Republic of Hawaii)
                      1900 (Constitution of the T.H. also known as the Organic Act)
                      1978 (Constitution the State of Hawaii, aka the state constitution)

2)how many Constitutions are associated with the Kingdom of Hawaii?
                      Four, if we don't count the proposed one of 1891

3)Which Ali'i signed those Constitutions?
                      answered above

4)Who signed the last two Constitutions?
                      Dole and Waihe'e (as President of the Constitutional Convention, under Gov Ariyoshi)

5)How many governments have ruled Hawaii since 1778?
                      Four

Kingdom of Hawaii
                      Republic of Hawaii
                      Territory of Hawaii
                      State of Hawaii

The first being an independent nation, the 2nd being provisional independent nation with the aim of converting into becoming a US territory, and the latter two under the US.

pax

Comment

Thank you Pua'i!

I'm saving this off board for my future references.

I bet most local Hawaiians couldn't give as thorough an answer. I appreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
                          So who is correct Keanu cause I guess you only get a C ? Between 8 and 10

or 7 and 8? I guess we all need to do our homework!

This is the exact reason why discussion need to happen.... is the exact answer is a difficult one to explain and find answers to...is it 7 or 8?

Comment

Manoa, all of those answers are readily available on wikipedia, as well as a multitude of other sites. And coulda woulda shoulda, I wish that you would have written four attempts at answering it, than four whinefests about being related, passing knowledge onto your son, and other pitiful trivialities. You and I aren't related; we have never met. I am kin to your wife. I share blood with your son, but I also do with at least a few other HT members here, so please cut that angle out because its maha'oi.

For real, learn how to fish, ok?

pax

Comment

I bet most local Hawaiians couldn't give as thorough an answer.
                              Most of us who took Hawaiian history during high school probably could...

Comment

it's ironic that someone like you would make me go fish on a fricking haole search board to find my answers!!!!!!!!

I've been doing it... and I'm still not sure of my answers....
                                This is just the kind of answer I would expect from a self-proclaimed brainwashed “digital revolution” proponent who through his own lazy self-righteousness, has chosen not to embrace the world of educational resources available to him.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                                USA TODAY, page 2A
                                11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                                X