Hawaii @ SJSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii @ SJSU

Brennan's numbers: 44/75, 545 yards, four passing TDs, one rushing TD, four INTs. His QB rating will go down as his completion percentage is "only" 58%.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
      This is Spaaaaaaaarta!
      Spartans, welcome to the Ha'a Nation. Boo-yah!!!
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

This is Spaaaaaaaarta!
        Originally posted by Random View Post
        Spartans, welcome to the Ha'a Nation. Boo-yah!!!
        Silenced of da Spartans by the Ha'a Nation!
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I've been off the computer since just before yesterday's kickoff, so I didn't get a chance to contribute here. I'll do it now.

Originally posted by titilejomi View Post
          Lowery - you think you could tell your cuz to quit doing damage to us
          I was thinking, "Ey, that fricka Mike! No wonder he picked SJSU!" Of course, I happen to know that's not your real name, but it was still fun to pretend. I rooted HARD against that guy in particular throughout the game. "Take THAT, Mike!"

Dude's been one of the greatest motivators in football since I've been alive.
          I used to think this, too, but then I thought Bob Wagner was MUCH better. And then there's something to be said for Jones's all-business approach. It's very Joe Torre-like, and I respect that. I believe that a motivator is good for a few seasons, but a calm presence is better over the long haul. Billy Martin was the greatest baseball motivator I ever saw, but his act only worked for a couple of seasons per team. He was never a long-term rock, the way Tony LaRussa, Joe Torre, and Bobby Cox are. And how long do you think Ozzie Guillen will be around in Chicago?

But I think this is too much time left for SJSU to sit back against UH. Interestingly, SJSU is not running at this point.
          I found out AFTER making my prediction that SJSU's running game is pretty pathetic, so this didn't surprise me. I still thought it should have been running, though.

Originally posted by titilejomi View Post
          How's my spread?
          Hat tip. I think my own prediction, 41-30, was pretty respectable, too, but you definitely win the pool this week. Tell him or her what he or she has won, Mike!

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
          We snatched victory from the jaws of almost certain defeat! DON'T GIVE UP UNTIL THE CLOCK READS 00:00:00!
          I admit I was feeling kind of glum, but I still think it's true that UHM has been playing down to its competition. I had a VERY good feeling that Colt was going to pull it off. The plays he and his teammates made in those last few drives were the kinds of things we're used to seeing this team do against any team. Good long throws set up by underneath stuff and between-seams stuff. That first-quarter pass to Grice-Mullins between the coverage of three defenders, if you ask me, is the kind of stuff that NFL scouts are going to get amped about. I guess what I'm saying is that I wasn't at all surprised by what the team did at the end of the game there; I was only surprised that it hadn't been doing it all along.

Originally posted by oggboy View Post
          Talk about almost s!&t my DVD. Was one real good game, I really give both teams da thumbs up. Unreal how SJSU play`d . U go tomey
          I agree that SJSU seemed very well-coached. Tomey seemed to know his own team's strengths. That team did not look like it knew it was the underdog.

Even with the win, I think Brennan sealed his fate with regards to winning (or not) the Heisman.
          Perhaps, but those numbers are still pretty gaudy, and the fourth-quarter rally is going to impress a few voters. More importantly, I think Brennan cemented himself as a legitimate early-round draft pick. I still don't think he's proven himself first-round material, but he is going to be drafted, and it's not going be be later than round three (I'm being conservative here on purpose). You know what really did it for me? Watching Colt wait for plays to develop. He's a quick read, but I really liked the way he trusted his guys to get open, even when his protection wasn't very good. Yes, he made some boneheaded throws, but four interceptions of 75 attempts isn't TOO offensive. That was one mature-looking quarterback there, for most of the game.

Brennan's numbers: 44/75, 545 yards, four passing TDs, one rushing TD, four INTs. His QB rating will go down as his completion percentage is "only" 58%.
          Those four INTs aren't goint to help either. Still, I think it was a good game for Colt. I can't wait for Boise.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

#17 Kentucky is in triple OT with #1 LSU. If UK wins this, UHM could conceivably drop in the polls, depending on the other Saturday scores.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

are you guys having success with the video links?
              http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...plate=UHsports

every time i try it, i just get an error message!
              525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

guess i don't need those links; someone did us all a favor and posted this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAEDuyjLkEs&NR=1
                525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                  #17 Kentucky is in triple OT with #1 LSU. If UK wins this, UHM could conceivably drop in the polls, depending on the other Saturday scores.
                  So LSU loses and Cal loses! What a weird season this year.

Hawaii is currently #16.

Have no fear. After #15 Cincinnati lost to Louisville and with Washington about to beat #14 ASU

Conceivably Hawaii could move up to #14, if Washington can beat ASU.

#18 Illinois Lost.
                  #19 Wisconsin got thrashed.
                  #21 FSU Lost on Thursday.

My money is on Hawaii being ranked #15

Whether they deserve the rank is a whole nother issue.

Comment

Kentucky will likely leap-frog us for their great win over LSU.

Comment

Gaaaawd my heart almost stopped a few times yesterday. What a good game but damnit I hate close games when I'm emotionally involved.
                      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Kentucky will likely leap-frog us for their great win over LSU.
                        Sadly, I must concur with that statement. This season's schedule is really haunting us now.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I've been dogging Frazier all season for messing up the schedule. Now, it's all coming home to roost. What's infuriating is that he'll find some way to claim "credit" for our possible perfect slate while we play in the Hawaii Bowl against the 5th-place conference USA foe.

Comment

#17 in the AP (coaches') poll; #16 in the USA Today (sportswriters') poll. #16 in the ESPN (fans') poll.
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Whoa. Two WAC opponents we haven't faced yet, Nevada and Boise St., went 69-67 in four overtimes.
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                                Whoa. Two WAC opponents we haven't faced yet, Nevada and Boise St., went 69-67 in four overtimes.
                                this was a great game. the first five plays in OT resulted in FOUR touchdowns. Unreal game. I feel for Nevada, they were right there.

I'm glad Boise stayed perfect at home in the WAC, I want UH to be the ones to take them down at home and this year, I want to give them their only WAC loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X