X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oceanpacific
    replied
    Re: Hawaii @ SJSU

Brennan's numbers: 44/75, 545 yards, four passing TDs, one rushing TD, four INTs. His QB rating will go down as his completion percentage is "only" 58%.

Leave a comment:

• 808shooter
    replied

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    Yup, he did say that. He has to be the 2nd worst state employee when it comes to respect for others
    who's the worst?

anyway, it was the most exciting and meaningful finish I've seen in a long time. I almost didn't bother to turn on the tv when I got home and we were down by 14 in the late 4th. The drive home listening on 1420 was downright depressing.

Damn happy I did though. Wish I had gotten season tickets now...

Leave a comment:

• Surfingfarmboy
    replied

I was up well past my bedtime (usually around 8:30 PM) watching this game...it ended here shortly after midnight. Great comeback by the Warriors, especially considering SJSU was up 35-21 with such relatively little time remaining! That fact, along with the damp and cool conditions in the South Bay, had me thinking, that there was no way UHM was going to pull this one out. The game was well worth staying up for!

But dang..what did Brennan end up throwing in overall passes? Something like 72 or 73? (I know it was a U of Hawaii record) I hope is throwing arm is still reasonably attached to his body!

Leave a comment:

• TuNnL
    replied

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
    the only thing i regret is that jones (and i hope it wasn't intentional; don't think it was) said something like, "i told my boys that there's no way we should lose to a team like that." woa! i wish he'd said something that was a little more respectful of tomey's team.
    And it could be you are misinterpreting innocent semantics, particularly inflection. He may just mean the manner in which they played. I.E.: Don’t comb your hair like that. Do it nicely.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
    Yup, he did say that. He has to be the 2nd worst state employee when it comes to respect for others
    You could fault him for spilling out what he said during pep talk to the media.

Trust me, I've said worse if that's what it will take to motivate my team, and yet I still go over to shake my opponent's hand. It's just a game. No need to get politics involved.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
    during the 4th quarter, i thought it was all over. what a finish! the only thing i regret is that jones (and i hope it wasn't intentional; don't think it was) said something like, "i told my boys that there's no way we should lose to a team like that." woa! i wish he'd said something that was a little more respectful of tomey's team. i mean, they played a heck of a game with three freshman on the offense's line. pretty impressive.

Leave a comment:

• shaveice
    replied

during the 4th quarter, i thought it was all over. what a finish! the only thing i regret is that jones (and i hope it wasn't intentional; don't think it was) said something like, "i told my boys that there's no way we should lose to a team like that." woa! i wish he'd said something that was a little more respectful of tomey's team. i mean, they played a heck of a game with three freshman on the offense's line. pretty impressive.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

Even with the win, I think Brennan sealed his fate with regards to winning (or not) the Heisman.

Interesting to see what happens in Saturday's games and how it could affect Hawaii's rankings on Sunday morning--when the first BCS poll is released. According to ESPiN , Hawaii should be around #20 in the first BCS poll of the year.

Leave a comment:

• oggboy
    replied

Talk about almost s!&t my DVD. Was one real good game, I really give both teams da thumbs up. Unreal how SJSU played. This was a game I really appreciated. Colt and team, you guys awesome.

Leave a comment:

• oggboy
    replied

Talk about almost s!&t my DVD. Was one real good game, I really give both teams da thumbs up. Unreal how SJSU play`d . U go tomey ....
    Dat game wuz goooood!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• oceanpacific
    replied

We snatched victory from the jaws of almost certain defeat! DON'T GIVE UP UNTIL THE CLOCK READS 00:00:00!

Leave a comment:

• Honoruru
    replied

Wow! That was close. But exciting.

Leave a comment:

• infinitypro
    replied

INTERCEPTION and it's over UH 42 - SJSU 35!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by titilejomi View Post
    Uh 48 - Sjsu 35
    How's my spread?

Great GAME!

Leave a comment:

• infinitypro
    replied

Touchdown Uh! 42-35!!!