• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TuNnL
    replied
    Re: Gas Prices

Originally posted by MadRussian View Post
    Venezuela yes, but Canada and Mexico is part of North American Union, well almost
    Good point, MadRussian. This topic is being discussed here.

Leave a comment:

• salmoned
    replied

Since this post is in the 'Route 808' forum, I find this quote apt (if somewhat dated), "We import 28 percent of our oil from Alaska, but 72 percent comes from foreign sources including Indonesia, China, Papua New Guinea, and Vietnam." [Excerpt from statement of Senator Daniel K. Akaka, February 17, 2005]
    Last edited by salmoned; July 24, 2008, 10:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MadRussian
    replied

Sorry! Was wrong! My bad!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

For 2007, the Top 10 importers of crude oil into the U.S. (in million barrels) were:

1. Canada 680.533
    2. Saudi Arabia 530.245
    3. Mexico 514.480
    4. Venezuela 419.841
    5. Nigeria 394.856
    6. Angola 181.215
    7. Iraq 177.009
    8. Algeria 161.755
    9. Ecuador 72.138
    10. Kuwait 64.306

Source

Leave a comment:

• MadRussian
    replied

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
    I don't know where you get your information, but last time I checked, Canada, Mexico and Venezuela were foreign countries.
    Venezuela yes, but Canada and Mexico is part of North American Union, well almost

Leave a comment:

• salmoned
    replied

I don't know where you get your information, but last time I checked, Canada, Mexico and Venezuela were foreign countries.

Leave a comment:

• MadRussian
    replied

Actualy, we NOT depend on Middle-East oil. 99% of oil imported to US from - Canada, Mexico, Venezuela.

Leave a comment:

• salmoned
    replied

If only we were paying $7/gal (or $10/gal)! Then we might have a chance to control our foreign oil dependency AND traffic problems at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• MadRussian
    replied

We been in Montreal, Canada two weeks ago. Regular in Montreal cost around $7 per gallon! Most cars in Canada - compact cars. Very few trucks (and they obviously used for bussiness). A lot of people riding motorcycles and scooters. Kind of funny to see lady going to work in office (in tipical office outfit) on scooter, but that pretty common in there.
    Also seen A LOT of people on bicycles.

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Costco has a 3% (yes, 3 per cent) cash rebate on gasoline purchases with their Costco card. We save about 13 cents a gallon. If you can get a Costco Business card, you will get a 5% rebate on gasoline any day of the week.

Leave a comment:

• mel
    replied

Correction to my posts on this topic. It is 5¢ off for cash M - Sat., and 10¢ off on Sunday per gallon for cash customers @ Lex Brodie's. Not 5% or 10%. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    What are you paying now?
    About 4.60 or something, regular. I got about a few drips over 2 gallons on just $10 worth.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by Random View Post
    Oh, please. I was still paying more than $4/gal on Molokai ... in May.
    What are you paying now?

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Pssst...Random? Kani posted that price on May 18!
    Oh, please. I was still paying more than $4/gal on Molokai ... in May.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by mel View Post
    The $24 got me 5 gallons of gas which for my Corolla is pretty good. But of course I don't wait for my gas gauge to touch the "E" on the bottom. I go there long before that happens.

The discount applies on cash purchases only (5% Mon - Sat; 10% Sun) and the good ol' attendent pumps the gas for ya. Again, CA$H only.
    Aha! Those are lanes 3 & 4...cash/mini-serve! I, too, don't wait to hit empty. I usually top off when the tank is 2/3 full. But that decision is purely psychological. I don't want to see what an empty tank will cost! Denial rocks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X