• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joshuatree
    replied
    Re: Gas Prices

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Matapule, the only difference between your phone and my phone is yours is pay-as-you-go! The nifty little iPhone and droid apps are great for those who already justify their need for a smartphone and use it for so much more than something like Gas Buddy. But, you already knew that! Oddly enough, today, for the very first time, I wished I had a smartphone to google the address and map of a pharmacy I didn't know had moved...while I was standing at the door of their old address!!! I was too lazy to call information for the phone # then call the pharmacy for directions. My bad, I know, but a smartphone would've helped...but not enough to buy one! I snail mailed them the prescription!
    You could invest in a handheld navigation unit like a Garmin for instance. A simple model would be in the $200-$300 range and some come with free lifetime map updates. No monthly fees or contracts.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

$3.99 today (5/26/11) in Hilo!!!

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    I have a "pay-as-you-go" old fashioned cel phone with no camera, no G3, no wifi, and when I don't use it, it costs me nothing.
    Same here! Mine does get text messages, but I've never sent one. So really, my cel phone is... a phone. That's all I need, all I want.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Matapule, the only difference between your phone and my phone is yours is pay-as-you-go! The nifty little iPhone and droid apps are great for those who already justify their need for a smartphone and use it for so much more than something like Gas Buddy. But, you already knew that! Oddly enough, today, for the very first time, I wished I had a smartphone to google the address and map of a pharmacy I didn't know had moved...while I was standing at the door of their old address!!! I was too lazy to call information for the phone # then call the pharmacy for directions. My bad, I know, but a smartphone would've helped...but not enough to buy one! I snail mailed them the prescription!

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
    idk if this has been mentioned before, but the app for iphone and droid 'Gas Buddy' is free and you can win $250 in gas every week.
    i started using it and its suprising how many places are cheaper then costco.
    I guess I'm a ludite, but I don't understand the concept. Why would I spend $300 on a phone and $60 to $100 a month on an iphone or android data plan to save $5 per month on gasoline by purchasing someplace other than Costco.

I have a "pay-as-you-go" old fashioned cel phone with no camera, no G3, no wifi, and when I don't use it, it costs me nothing. I got the phone for free when I signed up for my "no contract" plan. It works great!

I know, I'm stupid about these new fangled things. Somebody please educate me.

Leave a comment:

• Hellbent
    replied

idk if this has been mentioned before, but the app for iphone and droid 'Gas Buddy' is free and you can win $250 in gas every week.
    i started using it and its suprising how many places are cheaper then costco.

Leave a comment:

• Kalalau
    replied

Yesterday the Arco in Ocean Beach @ $3.99/g, today $3.95/g.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    And today, May 18, it dropped another 8 cents, to $4.21.
    A 28 cent drop in just 5 days!!! Hallelujah!
    The world really must be ending tomorrow, because the gas today (May 20) was all the way down to $4.04.
    That's now a 45 cent drop in just one week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Today is May 20th, 2011 gas prices have dropped in Hilo to $4.15 per gallon for regular. And tomorrow is the end of the world!!!

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

May 13:
    87 here in Kaneohe dropped from $4.49 yesterday to $4.35 this morning.
    May 16:
    That was just three days ago, and it dropped another 6 cents last night, to $4.29.
    And today, May 18, it dropped another 8 cents, to $4.21.

A 28 cent drop in just 5 days!!! Hallelujah!

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Yesterday Lex Brodie's was $4.449 for 87. Waiting for it to dip another 5ยข before filling up. Maybe tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

87 here in Kaneohe dropped from $4.49 yesterday to $4.35 this morning.
    That was just three days ago, and it dropped another 6 cents last night, to $4.29.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Interesting to go back to the start of this thread exactly 3 years ago. Gas was breaking the $4./gal. barrier then.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

going back down...$4.29 per gallon this morning (5/14/11) in Hilo

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    Please sit down. It is between US$3 to $3.30 per gallon.....depending. And I get a quantity discount from that when my 700 gallon tanks are empty, which is hardly ever. So for me, it is realistically under $3 per gallon.
    And you're still sure you want to bring your boat over here?!?
    Like you, I always kept my tanks full. It stopped any condensation from building up, plus I was always ready for any sudden search and rescue operations and didn't have to stop at the fuel dock first.
    My 50' Grand Banks had tanks bigger than yours, but didn't burn as much fuel as my 39' Sea Ray Express, which ran a lot faster and sucked tons of fuel. The only good part was that because of my business, all my fuel costs were tax deductible. Whew.

You have no idea how modern that marina is now with the attendent $30 to $40 per foot rates per month. I keep my boat in La Paz and pay about $13 per foot which includes electricity, water, and wireless Internet.
    $30 to $40 in Cabo -- yikes! Are the slips full at those prices?
    I've seen lots of photos of the marina there now. Sad, in a lot of ways. When I first went to Cabo San Lucas it was just a quiet little fishing village, with that crumbly old fuel dock and one pier over on the southeast side of the harbor; the rest of the harbor was just moorings and anchorage areas.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X