Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 110 mpg car

Yes!! Yeeeeessssss!! Finally!!

A man from Ohio designed a car that gets 110 miles per gallon!! Read more about it here.

Apparently, this guy was continuing research on higher mpg engines, started by his grandfather in the 40's. Cool!
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Re: 110 mpg car

Thanks for sharing. Yes, it's very possible. You should check out www.jeffotto.com. They're working on a pre-ignition catalytic converter (PICC) to transform fuel into plasma before it enters the combustion chamber. When you supplement it with a hydrogen booster, SUVs can get 100mpg or more. Sad thing is, the EPA is refusing to approve it. It's no mystery why.

Since running across this information on craigslist the other month, i've been working on a hydrogen booster (generator) myself, which should increase my gas mileage by around 25% with just water. Maybe more. This technology's been around for many years, but the "powers that be" don't want us to know about it. You have to learn about this stuff on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
      A man from Ohio designed a car that gets 110 miles per gallon!! Read more about it here.
      You left out the important stuff! Not only does it get 110mpg, it also does 0-60 in 3 seconds and has a top speed of 180mph! Now I'm interested.

Comment

I wonder how long before this is "silenced" by the big wigs...

Awesome read, I would love to see this happen.
        flickr

An email from God:
        To: People of Earth
        Date: 9/04/2007
        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

What is most interesting is to read the comments under the news story. One poster says:

I saw an E85 sticker on the car. E85 contains 85% Ethanol, and 15% Gasoline. A lot of new cars are able to run on E85. Old cars like his, have to be adjusted in order to run on E85. I bet you he counts only the 15% Gasoline to come up with 110 mpg. My car runs on E85. If I only count the Gasoline part in my tank, I get 190 mpg. By the way, Ethanol is usualy produced out of corn, and is nothing else than high precentage alcohol. A lot of moonshiners used to drive their modified cars on even 100% Ethanol from the 40's, till today. And yes, it gives the car more HP, but is way less efficient than gas. To produce 1 gallon of E85, cost about $3.30 due to the high corn prices.
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Why is anyone paying any attention to such stories - where's the independent assessment of his claims? 0 to 60? Uh, 3 seconds. Horsepower? Uh, 400. Oh my, he wrote 110 MPG on the engine so it MUST be true, eh?

As for 'jeffotto.com', sounds like a good way to scam as many people as possible before the hammer falls. Sign up a bunch of people for pre-delivery, so when it arrives they all discover it don't work at the same time, eh? You guys must be smokin' the good stuff - no one in their right mind would fall for these ploys. Yeah, our injection system 'bypasses' the current injection system, so if for some reason ours fails, your current system will automatically kick back in. Look this is too silly and a waste of time to even listen to, much less regard seriously. Please don't add your name to anyone's 'SUCKER' list. [Magnets that ionize the fuel - puhleeez!]
            Last edited by salmoned; July 2, 2008, 03:30 PM.
            May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Well, if he is counting only the 15% gasoline in his tank for the 110 mpg claim, then he is getting only 16.5 mpg (110/(85/15+1)) on the total combination of ethonol and gasoline.....which is pretty consistent with an older Mustang going at a reasonable speed. Obviously he is not getting 110 mpg going 180 mph!

Currently, E85 is about $1.00 less per gallon than regular gasoline in California but stations are difficult to find. My understanding is that fuel economy is not as good operating on E85 as it is with straight gasoline.

I don't believe this is breakthrough technology. There are other more exciting technologies under development at this time.....but it is going to take time and patience.

Ofa 'atu
              Mui Houma
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                I wonder how long before this is "silenced" by the big wigs...
                Considering the very real threat that this now poses, I think we just might have a meeting of the minds between Detroit and Big Oil. They’re already clearly being threatened by this. Pelmear could get a shot.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

I hope this isn't a too good to be true deal. You can bend the truth a little by saying that the 110 miles are of going downhill. Now finding a 110 miles stretch that is constanly going downhill. That's YMMV(You Mileage May Vary)

Comment

Go to the thread, and see if they actually posted my comment. Prolly not, I'm guessin'.

For 30 years, cars have been for sale that get 30+ mpg. Consumers do not CHOOSE them. It's not George Bush's fault either. Hummers, SUV's, Magnums, Trucks, for all the phallicly challenged idiots that dominate the world. I been gettin 30+ mpg for over 6 years, and the new Corolla is gettin 40 solid with 3 fat, sweaty, masons on board, goin 50 miles one way, with a trunk full of heavy f'n tools.

Consumers CHOOSE what they drive. That is the ballsA$$ truth of the truth OF THE TRUTH. Sorry to disappoint all you lovely lefties. (And all you retards gettin 27 mpg or less.) Stupid is real cool, keep it up.

The good news is that economics is based in Darwinism also.

Ford and GM are dead. Toyota and Honda are flying.

Don't you get it? Don't you get it? Don't you get it?

Ahhhh shucks.....you prolly don't get it.

DEATH TO IGNORANCE.
                    Last edited by timkona; July 2, 2008, 08:25 PM.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

So, the designer of this car is the Rich Dad that Robert Kiyosaki was writing about.
                      The other story is that:
                      Then One Day He Was Shootin' at Some Food,
                      And Up Through the Ground Came a Bubblin' Crude.

Comment

If such an engine existed the aviation industry would be all over it. Particularly guys like Rutan. He worked hard to set the distance record for non-refueled flight and did it with existing technology and a lot of careful engineering.

If there was an engine capable of producing more power per gallon, Rutan would have used it. He and his team are probably among the most hard-core leading-edge guys in the industry and know a great deal about fuel efficiency and aviation technology.

Also, in their fight-to-the-death situation, the airlines would pick up on this. Fuel costs are killing them. They're doing everything from finding better airfoil profiles to figuring out ways to cut weight. If anyone would know about efficient engine technology, they would.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                          Why is anyone paying any attention to such stories - where's the independent assessment of his claims? 0 to 60? Uh, 3 seconds. Horsepower? Uh, 400. Oh my, he wrote 110 MPG on the engine so it MUST be true, eh?

As for 'jeffotto.com', sounds like a good way to scam as many people as possible before the hammer falls.
                          Actually, you only need to scam one person (John McCain) to get your hands on that $300 million prize.
                          Last edited by Frankie's Market; July 3, 2008, 12:20 AM.
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I'll see your 110mpg car, and raise you the 230mpg car

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tec...0.mpg.car.kfmb
                            flickr

An email from God:
                            To: People of Earth
                            Date: 9/04/2007
                            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                            God

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                              Go to the thread, and see if they actually posted my comment. Prolly not, I'm guessin'.
                              Were ya sober when you posted it? Prolly not, I'm guessin'.

Comment

Working...
                              X