Flashing lights on non-emergency vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashing lights on non-emergency vehicles

First it was some radio stations that had those lights on thier live vehicles, now Supergeeks?

I was on the Route A bus going towards Waipahu on the H1, when at 50mph, I see a VW Bettle speeding down the freeway. It was so fast, than I couldn't run from the rear of the bus to the front and take a pic. But I did see one of those flashing lights ontop of the car, that construction workers have on their trucks.

Why do they need those lights anyway? So they can use it to warn traffic to move so that they can speed to a spyware problem at someone's house? Or to extinguish a virus faster than the road runner?

And I just checked their website, and if I don't get the wireless phone job (or the other jobs I applied for) then I'll get my cert and work for them! (but it'll be hard to serve an on call customer if I'm limited to the bus.)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Flashing lights on non-emergency vehicles

Edit to first post: it was a Mini, not a Bug (but same small car isn't it?)

Comment

Ummmm...speeding at 50-MPH on the H-1 freeway is not speeding, it's pissing off everybody else for going too slow
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

You could put lights on your car, if you want. Just so long as they aren't blue.

The lights atop the Supergeek car just add to the whole gimmick of them coming to the rescue. Certainly more memorable than Geeks On Call, which has yet to find a franchisee here.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          You could put lights on your car, if you want. Just so long as they aren't blue.
          Cool!!!

Now, to get a car (or maybe my parents won't mind me putting some on their vehicles)

Comment

[QUOTE=pzarquon]You could put lights on your car, if you want. Just so long as they aren't blue.

Ok, yellow for mellow

Green for mean

Purple for Bi-Polar

Napa, here I come! smile everyone. almost pau work.

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

From what I understand, no blue lights visible anywhere on the exterior of a vehicle, and no red lights visible from the front. Not sure where I read that.

Did find this in Hawaii Revised Statutes:

>>>>
              §291-31.5 Blue lights prohibited for motor vehicles, motorcycles, motor scooters, bicycles, mopeds. (a) No person shall knowingly operate, affix or cause to be affixed, display, or possess any lamp, reflector, or illumination device which appears to be the color blue upon any motor vehicle, motorcycle, motor scooter, bicycle, or moped except for: (1) county law enforcement vehicles authorized and approved by the chief of police of the county in which the vehicle is operated; or (2) department of public safety law enforcement vehicles authorized and approved by the director of public safety. This prohibition shall not apply to factory-installed instrument illumination.

(b) Any violation of this section shall be punished by a fine not exceeding $1,000, or by imprisonment not exceeding one year, or both. [L 1985, c 182, §1; am L 1991, c 210, §1]

Comment

For those of you who want to know what they're cars look like, then here's one

I still think they don't need that flashing light.

Comment

Working...
                X