Travel time from Pearl City to Kahala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel time from Pearl City to Kahala

I have to be at the Great Harvest Bread Co. (across from the Kahala Mall) at 7am sharp for a training session. I am normally not on the road at that time and I have no idea how long this will take. Does anyone have any idea what a normal travel time would be at this time of the morning? This of course presumes that there aren't any unusual accidents, etc. Thanks for any input.

Re: Travel time from Pearl City to Kahala

I would leave around six if it was me, but to be honest I haven't made that drive at that time in a while.

Better to be early than late, I figure. And you can always go Zippy's or McDonald's or up the hill to Coffee Talk for a cup 'o joe while you're waiting for everyone else to show up.

Comment

On a bad day, I'll leave Mililani late, at 6 a.m., let's say, and still get downtown before 6:40 a.m. So a full hour might be a bit much. (I don't know exactly when the Gridlock Horizon is crossed on H-1 East, because I specifically set up my travel schedule to avoid it.) Then again, you're going past downtown, and into East Honolulu, where traffic is also bad (and where contraflow measures and traffic light timing will work against you), so...

Yeah, leave early. At worst, traffic will be bad and you'll walk in right on time. At best, it'll be clear sailing, and you can enjoy a slow, quiet Kahala morning in the friendly establishment of your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        On a bad day, I'll leave Mililani late, at 6 a.m., let's say, and still get downtown before 6:40 a.m. So a full hour might be a bit much. (I don't know exactly when the Gridlock Horizon is crossed on H-1 East, because I specifically set up my travel schedule to avoid it.) Then again, you're going past downtown, and into East Honolulu, where traffic is also bad (and where contraflow measures and traffic light timing will work against you), so...
        Actually, once you get past downtown, H-1 East starts clearing up at the elevated section through Makiki, and is completely clear by the time you get to the Punahou Street exit. After that, it should be only a couple of minutes more to get to Kāhala Mall.

Comment

A very sincere thanks to everyone for their advice and input. I will probably error on the side of caution and allow an hour. And, as mentioned, an early arrival just allows for a nice cup of caffeine which I will no doubt need!

Comment

Working...
          X