X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mel
    replied
    Re: TheBus news

There must be some serious privacy concerns if every frequent bus rider has to use the holo card. Plus the cap is the killer. More reasons for people to live in their cars during the daily commute or use another, non capped, cheaper alternative (if that is possible).

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/...c38964275a1532

They want more riders for The Rail.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

I think part of the problem of this report from KITV did not address which of the 2 buses involved in this accident should have had the seat belts for the passengers. Please bear in mind one of the buses is a school bus which for years have been the subject of having them install seat belts for the passengers. The other bus was a mass transit bus from TheBus, which to my knowledge has not been the subject of having seat belts installed for the passengers.

Also the report doesn't say of the people who were injured on TheBus if there were standing or sitting at the time of the accident.

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    https://www.kitv.com/story/41428733/...t-belts-hawaii

Will the bus drivers say that the Bus is not moving unless everyone has their seat belts on?

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

https://www.khon2.com/top-stories/bu...cast-in-limbo/

There's more incidents of creepy people on the Bus even with a videocamera in the Bus. There's selfish bus riders. I witness one guy with a fake service dog bully elderly ladies so that he can sit in the handicap seats with his dog.

Leave a comment:

• Ron Whitfield
    replied

holy shinola, there's no end to the ugly secrets https://www.civilbeat.org/2019/09/fe...ust-be-redone/

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/0...-changed-oahu/

Be prepared. But mostly the windward side.

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied
    Re: The Bus's new HEA system

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    Thank you Mr. Mayor for the fare increase.
    Thank you oil conglomerates for record profits.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Originally posted by sansei View Post
    i wish to share that so far our bus fare is still at $2.50 and not any higher and my mom thought when she saw the fare's of last year from the pamphlet for the bus she taught it was at $2.25
    Thank you Mr. Mayor for the fare increase.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

hi my apologie's to our mod only since their's no thread on the bus system,

i wish to share that so far our bus fare is still at $2.50 and not any higher and my mom thought when she saw the fare's of last year from the pamphlet for the bus she taught it was at $2.25 so i shared my thought's on looking at this year's pamphlet and she did and it was at $2.25 so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Leave a comment:

• Palama Kid
    replied

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
    Hard to say but it doesn't appear to be much taller than a big rig?
    Sounds about right.

Here's another pitcher. Through the front entrance door, you can see a passenger (in a white sweater?) standing up on the lower level.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• joshuatree
    replied

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
    Here's a double-decker bus, the Deuce, used in Las Vegas. They looked pretty cute.
    Hard to say but it doesn't appear to be much taller than a big rig?

Leave a comment:

• Palama Kid
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Trouble is with double decker buses is that they might not go under overpasses very well.

Here's a double-decker bus, the Deuce, used in Las Vegas. They looked pretty cute.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
    Yesterday I got to watch two private school students snuggle, nuzzle and fondle right in front of me in the back doorway as I sat in the seat that's right there, elevated to have some pretty good scope of who and what is on theBus. Yech. I don't bother looking away. Why should I? It's pretty much performance art, right up there with teens learning new cuss words. Can't ask minors to get a room, right? Thank goodness I can surf the Web on my iPhone. I guess I could take a photo with it and send it to the school. Hmmmm.
    I would take out my camera phone and start taking pictures telling them it'll be on youtube tonight synced to some slutty music, and to type in the keywords, "isthisyourkidonthebus". It would stay there for eternity for public viewing (hey isn't that what they want?) even on their wedding anniversary when they're married to someone else who would happen to see it later on in life but didn't sign a prenuptual agreement.

Yeah do unscrupulous acts in public in your youth, pay for it later on when during your job interview with that killer job it is known that it was you that stuck your tongue in the interviewer's wife.

Leave a comment:

• joshuatree
    replied

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
    Yesterday I got to watch two private school students snuggle, nuzzle and fondle right in front of me in the back doorway as I sat in the seat that's right there, elevated to have some pretty good scope of who and what is on theBus. Yech. I don't bother looking away. Why should I? It's pretty much performance art, right up there with teens learning new cuss words. Can't ask minors to get a room, right? Thank goodness I can surf the Web on my iPhone. I guess I could take a photo with it and send it to the school. Hmmmm.
    Should have just said outloud while pointing the iPhone at them, "This will be great on youtube!!!!".

Leave a comment:

• lavagal
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X