X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kalihiboy
    replied
    Re: TheBus news

No the Barbers Point story was on tv or the newspaper a couple months back, they said city officials went door to door and told the residents of the possibilities. The transit rail has to go somewhere, meaning it either goes in the middle of the highway, or its elevated or lastly the city has to bulldoze both businesses and homes for this to happen. It happened on the mainland in many cities so I'm sure it will happen here as well.

KalihiBoy

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Originally posted by zztype
    Where did you hear that about the Barber's Point people? That is kinda interesting! Maybe somebody could look into it a little further.
    Blaine
    Barbers Point is Govt. Property. No can be! Ayah! Rumors is worse than the enemy!!!!! Please get the facts straight.

Thank you very much.

Auntie Lynn

P.S. Even if they were displaced, they wouldn't get paid a cent from the City. They would just be trasfered to another project. It's mostly Navy Families living there. Some of the homes at Barbers Point were bought by Private Companies who rent to mostly Military Families...I know, my son rents a three bedroom there. His lease is for another two years!
    Last edited by 1stwahine; January 8, 2006, 02:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• zztype
    replied

Where did you hear that about the Barber's Point people? That is kinda interesting! Maybe somebody could look into it a little further.
    Blaine

Leave a comment:

• Kalihiboy
    replied

Will TheBus employees be trained to drive the mass transit vehicles once in operation or do you think the city will contract workers from out of state?

Also, is it true some residents in Barbers Point have been told to be prepared to move within the next 5 years because of initial work that needs to be done on the mass transit system, i.e. many homes will be torn down and demolished.

I assume then the city will pay out alot of money to these residents, where will this money come from?

KalihiBoy

Leave a comment:

• Lisheous
    replied

There is no bus system, here in this small town that I live in, in Virginia, you can't walk to the store. You have to drive to get around, so inconvienient. When is snows it's even more difficult. But I'll be alright.

Leave a comment:

• oggboy
    replied

I totally agree with you Aunty. How quickly one forgets!!!

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Swan, Take down the Bus Number, the time, what happened, the description of the bus driver and report the incident to The Bus Company. There's to many people who are only to happy to be taking a job position with benefits and the pay with The Bus Company...unfortunately, many who work there, forget the hard times that they felt when had the strike almost two years ago.

Bus Drivers: Treat your customers with respect and with manners. You never know who is watching!

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• TurquoiseDuck
    replied

Yesterday I had the first rude bus driver that I have seen. I have been riding the bus only a few weeks.

A man was crossing the street, running toward the bus I was on as the bus approached the stop. He signaled the bus driver. IF the bus had stopped, the man would have been there at the exact time it stopped......meaning that the bus driver would not have had to wait for this man that wanted to board the bus. I realize that the driver does not have to stop if the person is not on top of the bus stop. However, this bus driver could have picked this person up. The driver chose not to. I said, "Wow." I always smile and say good morning to the drivers and thank them when I get off. Yesterday I did not say thank you to that bus driver.

The driver's I have ask questions to have all been very nice and they all have given me the information I was asking them about.

Leave a comment:

• adrian
    replied

Let me guess, OTS isn't putting back those 10 buses on the road indefinately, or not for another month?

Its been almost a month since those hybrids has been down and off the roads, and unless they want us to be put into sardine cans, then they better bring more HC buses during the peak ours. Almost every bus I take is full, or will be full within the next few bus stops.

Leave a comment:

• adrian
    replied

Originally posted by backwoodlessons2
    One thing that worries me though is that I have seen busdrivers talk on their cell phones while driving. If it were a car I would have no problem, however in a bus without power steering...
    Yeah. Some drivers has that knob on the steering wheel, and sometimes they trust on that too much. But atleast you can see the talking on their cell, if they have a handsfree kit and use that, you might think that they're lolo.

Leave a comment:

• backwoodlessons2
    replied

Originally posted by doc1456
    I guess you can't catch every bad driver, but so far, I didn't get any. And why do they have cell phones anyway? Don't they have those radio/phone things in the bus to communicate with dispatch if anything goes wrong?
    One thing that worries me though is that I have seen busdrivers talk on their cell phones while driving. If it were a car I would have no problem, however in a bus without power steering...

Leave a comment:

• Lalalinder
    replied

Originally posted by doc1456
    I guess you can't catch every bad driver, but so far, I didn't get any. And why do they have cell phones anyway? Don't they have those radio/phone things in the bus to communicate with dispatch if anything goes wrong?

But its glad to see that the 10 hybrids didn't effect the bus schedule (yet) and hopefully they can fix those and get them back up and running.
    It was her personal cell phone and I was appalled at her lack of concern for the safety of the passengers in addition to her stupidity and rudeness.

not all of the drivers we had were bad, most of them were very professional. It just seems that an inordinate number of them need to find employment elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• adrian
    replied

Originally posted by Lalalinder
    We've had several problems.

One time we were riding to the north shore and this weird skanky woman was driving. She was very rude to the passengers and for most of the trip she was arguing loudly on her cell phone with what appeared to be her boyfriend or husband. I couldn't believe it. Passengers aren't allowed to distract the drivers by talking to them, but this beotch was just a hazard! Everyone on The Bus applauded when she finally pulled over and the new driver got on to start his shift.

Another time, we were trying to find a little music store which turned out to be just a few blocks from the end of the line, and this jackass driver directs us across the street to another bus that took us in the opposite direction for three hours.

The passive-aggressive attitude is really something and it gets pretty creepy. I mean really, why so angry? Aren't the drivers paid a half way decent wage? And why are they so poorly trained?

I realize that tourists are hated and their dollars are loved, but these drivers really suck and someone should call a staff meeting or something to explain the definition of customer service to these dim bulbs.

But its glad to see that the 10 hybrids didn't effect the bus schedule (yet) and hopefully they can fix those and get them back up and running.

Leave a comment:

• Lalalinder
    replied

We've had several problems.

One time we were riding to the north shore and this weird skanky woman was driving. She was very rude to the passengers and for most of the trip she was arguing loudly on her cell phone with what appeared to be her boyfriend or husband. I couldn't believe it. Passengers aren't allowed to distract the drivers by talking to them, but this beotch was just a hazard! Everyone on The Bus applauded when she finally pulled over and the new driver got on to start his shift.

Another time, we were trying to find a little music store which turned out to be just a few blocks from the end of the line, and this jackass driver directs us across the street to another bus that took us in the opposite direction for three hours.

The passive-aggressive attitude is really something and it gets pretty creepy. I mean really, why so angry? Aren't the drivers paid a half way decent wage? And why are they so poorly trained?

I realize that tourists are hated and their dollars are loved, but these drivers really suck and someone should call a staff meeting or something to explain the definition of customer service to these dim bulbs.

Leave a comment:

• backwoodlessons2
    replied

I still ride the bus, occasionally. I never have a problem with them except for once when the bus had to pull over and restart on its way over the Pali.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X