Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's getting their neighborhood's roads repaved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's getting their neighborhood's roads repaved?

After a week of delay, the road crew finally started to repave our neighborhood's roads.

1) Who's authorizing this?
    2) Why are they doing it? (they should repave the hwys, instead of neighborhood streets).

I've seen other neighborhoods in Waipahu (specifically, the neighborhood diamond head of us) getting repaved, but it begs the question: why?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Who's getting their neighborhood's roads repaved?

Actually you should be lucky your neighborhood is on the list to get that kind of work done. With the decrepid conditions of Oahu roads and a sense or order, your neighborhood roads would never get done.

It was probably on the list of roads to get repaved...or a senator lives on that block

But don't complain...out here where I live not all roads are necessarily paved at all. Especially after that last grand adventure in our AstroVan on a road turned grassy road turned rocky road turned dried stream bed!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
      Actually you should be lucky your neighborhood is on the list to get that kind of work done. With the decrepid conditions of Oahu roads and a sense or order, your neighborhood roads would never get done.

It was probably on the list of roads to get repaved...or a senator lives on that block
      From what's been done so far, looks like they're patching the numerous holes on the side of the road on my side, but on my cousin's side down the road its being fully paved.

And I rather have a smooth road to drive/ride on while going to school/work, then havinga smooth road to walk on in the neighborhood.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
        From what's been done so far, looks like they're patching the numerous holes on the side of the road on my side, but on my cousin's side down the road its being fully paved.

And I rather have a smooth road to drive/ride on while going to school/work, then havinga smooth road to walk on in the neighborhood.

Look at it this way...When you get kids, your epic tale of going to school will be so much more heart wrenching than your cousin's...when I was keiki time I had to dodge potholes da size of one Kia Rio!

When I was looking for a house when I lived in Honolulu, I told my wife that one stipulation was that the neighborhood had to have sidewalks. HA now look at where I live, there are no sidewalks, just grass along side the road cut short by an association contract worker, and where repaving meant flattening more cinders on the road when the last rain washed out the previous cinders.

Ahem, be lucky you have roads that won't sink when you try to jack up your car with a bumper jack. When I was living in Waialae Nui valley in East Oahu you had to watch out for that stupid cat running across the well manicured lawns and into the well-paved streets of Kilauea Avenue. Out here in Keaau you gotta watch out for those friggin boars that like to eat the guavas growing along the roadways. They can really mess up the front of your car if you hit one. A cat..ahhhh looks like broken manapua when you whack one with your car. Some rubbing compound and your car looks good as new.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Sometimes it's the city, sometimes it's the state. Streets are usually the city's kuleana, and highways are usually the state's. Does anybody know an easy way to find out which office you're supposed to call? I usually just go to the City Pothole Report and let them figure it out.

Comment

Something happened today to MAMA and Antonio. The story is on my Blog. Anyway, Tita Miulang advised me to call Mufi's Pot Hole Patrol. I did. I talked with Claire and was surprised of the way she handled my case. She will be sending me the forms which will cover any expenses that will be incurred from the accident. The Pot Hole will be fixed ASAP!

Auntie Lynn

BTW: MAMA & Antonio are doing fine.
            Last edited by 1stwahine; January 23, 2006, 02:51 PM.
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Just got a call from Mayor Mufi's Pot Hole Division! All the Pot Holes in the area of Kukui and Aala is fixed! Excellent service! Right on! Well done!

...No sue job! heheheh

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
              X