Crane crunches Aiea pedestrian overpass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crane crunches Aiea pedestrian overpass

You should see the area here. Dozens of cars pulled over onto the grass, people just hanging out, sleeping, walking off perhaps to forage for food. Unreal.
    Saving the last 1/8th of a tank until they know they can actually get home?

Comment

I'd like to see some kind of effort by Military, State and City Officials to at least get some of their workers out their on foot, motorcycles, scooters, whatevas and start giving out some kind of food, water and check on those who are stuck in traffic!

If I had a scooter PZ, I would be searching foa you right now!

I am so sorry you are in that jam.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Four hours? Geez! You wanna crash in my classroom or something?
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Good idea...1stwahine

I hope they plan on something like that in the future just by you posting that...

I never thought of what could be done with a few good men/women and a few cycles...

But this is a really good idea auntie... dang...if it was thought about earlier... I'm sure you know a few people that could have helped get the ball rolling on this earlier.

First priority... send PZ a battery so he can keep up with the updates!

Comment

Ryan, turn around and go frickin' North Shore. I just ran into a friend who lives in Mililani and he's cruising here in the Starbucks and I'm trying to convince him of the same thing!
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

It took my cousin 3 hours to go from Kailua to Hauula (5:30pm to 8:30pm) because the Kam was packed with people going around the island to get home. It's amazing the ripple effect this accident has had on the entire island!

Comment

Oh, what am I thinking? The journalist in you will NEVER turn around and go north. You're so freakin' weird.
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                  Oh, what am I thinking? The journalist in you will NEVER turn around and go north. You're so freakin' weird.

I feel bad for laughing about this. Ryan is a trip, that's true. This is one for the memory books and blogs. Ryan will experience this one completely. I expect his telling would be full of color.

Some of those comments on the Advertiser are downright nasty. This isn't an act of terror, but I would imagine that some of our stuck commuters are feeling like those people trying to get back to Jersey that day.
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Well I just heard from my wife...she left Mapunapuna at 3pm, cut for the north shore and finally arrived back home in Ewa Beach at 9:30pm.

I'm so grateful she's home and safe.

What dramas for so many of us today.

I hope all including our fearless leader make it home safe too.

Comment

A friend of mine called me from his cell about 20 minutes ago. He is in The Bus stuck on the freeway creeping closer to the stadium. I will call him back sometime after the top of the 10 o clock news story rolls. KITV just had a live shot and it doesn't look good.
                      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                        Madness. This is basically how well things will go when an emergency evacuation is called, I tell you.
                        I would think our Officials and Military would have Emergency Plans in place should an occurance happen ~ be it an attack or one such as this.

How can such a thing as an accident cause chaos for many hours without some kind of assistance for the citizens who are stuck in traffic? I dare not wonder about the little ones or the elderly. I hear the sirens blaring from the hospitals and I pray for those who are being transported to safety.

My heartaches. I am not stuck in traffic but in the comfort of my hale. Yet, I feel outraged for those who are victims themselves of a system in which we as taxpayers hope to have something in place at all times.

Antonio was suppose to come tonight. I told my daughter to stay in Ewa Beach. Bring him tomarrow morning. I guess, I am affected too.

Auntie Lynn
                        Last edited by 1stwahine; September 5, 2006, 10:03 PM.
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

the weirdest thing about this whole thing... we keep calling and referring to emergency evacuations... Civil Defense... etc...

This whole thing was cause by our own Government!

and yet we don't seem to be getting much response from them.

The person that is responsible better be held accountable as it turns out the vehicle was not even registered to carry a load like that at the time on that part of the Highway!

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Jeff
                            Well I just heard from my wife...she left Mapunapuna at 3pm, cut for the north shore and finally arrived back home in Ewa Beach at 9:30pm.
                            Um. I know this is none of my business, but are you at work or something? Or did she call you from the carport while you were in the living room?
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

And is our government paying attention? Why is our infrastructure so incapable?

Because Public Hearings are full of protesters.
                              Because Red Tape adds millions to the cost of any road project.
                              Because widening the road requires a $500,000 Environmental Impact Statement that takes 2 years to complete, and is obsolete by the time it's finished.
                              Because there is bones in the way.
                              Because the Gold Throated Honey Creeper is more important than the humans.
                              Because nobody rides the bus anyway. Individual agenda's are more important.
                              Because low density development creates subdivisions that are further and further away.
                              Because some people think low density development is better for the land.
                              Because Uncle DaDa makes $44 per hour, in the Union. Double time for night work.
                              Because the last 35 years have seen a lot of laws written to protect somebody, at the expense of ALL of us.
                              Because academia has decreed that building more roads will NOT solve our transportation woes.

I wonder how many of those reasons are rooted in feel-good, well intentioned, utopian-minded liberalism?
                              Last edited by timkona; September 5, 2006, 10:19 PM.
                              FutureNewsNetwork.com
                              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

I just hope that when the roads open up, people don't do anything stupid.

I mean, really, I can just see people scrambling to get home, just to cause an accident and tie up the roads again.
                                It's magic, you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X