Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crane crunches Aiea pedestrian overpass

And onnada thing.

There will be numerous expenses which came about due this accident. I'm not talking about the Crane nor the Overpass. I'm talking about ALL the commuters who are and had to endure this madness.

Batteries, Cars being over heated causing mechanical problems, Medical Problems, etc. Psychiatric Problems - Post Traumatic Stress. Many people are not able to handle stress to begin with. The list can go on and on.

Who are responsible for the damages? Where do the commuters go to ask for reimbursement? Do they file with their Private Insurance Companies? Will it be covered? What about those that couldn't go to work. Those like Cezanne's wife who had to work a double shift at Kaiser?

Gosh! The ripple effect when chaos strikes happens so quickly. Who will be responsible for this Madness I want to know.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

And now word comes that the freeway is shut down in the town-bound direction.

So the H-1 is COMPLETELY closed. Wow.
      Last edited by Palolo Joe; September 5, 2006, 10:28 PM. Reason: They closed it already!!!

Comment

Who will be responsible for this Madness I want to know.

When will society realize that the Politics of NO is the root of many of our modern social ills.

It's the protesters who are the problem makers. And they truly don't realize it.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

God bless people and their unsecured wireless networks. This is posted courtesy my MacBook, half a battery, and a network named "linsys" near Makalapa Drive.

Passed Radford Drive at 10:20 p.m. On narrow, two-lake Kamehameha Highway, we're at least crawling, rather than sitting for five minutes at a time.

Was abole to get out my digital camera, get out of the car, and take a picture of the river of taillights on H-1 west-bound heading toward the Aiea offramp, and jump back in before anyone moved an inch. Insane!

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
            And now word comes that the freeway is shut down in the town-bound direction.

So the H-1 is COMPLETELY closed. Wow.
            What happens now? What is the alternative for the many stuck out there? What is the other route available for those wishing to come into town?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

The better half thought that hanging out in town for a few hours would give the traffic time to clear - no such luck it appears. I rang over to the Ala Moana Hotel to see if they had rooms available so he can at least get some sleep and shower before work tomorrow. They do have rooms but said they are filling up fast as people have given up trying to get home.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                Um. I know this is none of my business, but are you at work or something? Or did she call you from the carport while you were in the living room?
                Yes the living room...of my brother's condo in downtown. I never got in that mess...it was my wife that convinced me to stay here. She HAD to get home for reasons. I have our business to open in the morning...and my little voice tells me tomorrow will be a repeat in the town bound direction.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  God bless people and their unsecured wireless networks. This is posted courtesy my MacBook, half a battery, and a network named "linsys" near Makalapa Drive.

Passed Radford Drive at 10:20 p.m. On narrow, two-lake Kamehameha Highway, we're at least crawling, rather than sitting for five minutes at a time.

Was abole to get out my digital camera, get out of the car, and take a picture of the river of taillights on H-1 west-bound heading toward the Aiea offramp, and jump back in before anyone moved an inch. Insane!
                  It's no consolation, but the KHNL news had a whole bunch of shots like that. Un-freakin'-believable lines of taillights, all the way to Middle Street and beyond.
                  http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I left Alapai Street on bus 98 at 4:15. I just got home at 10:30 ... Mililani Mauka. The bus driver made a detour to Anna Millers at 9:50 for a potty break. Everyone was in pretty good spirits through the experience.

I can't imagine what tomorrow will be like.
                    just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

I just got off the freeway moving toward town -- on at Salt Lake and off at Likelike. The traffic moving in the opposite direction on Salt Lake Boulevard, on the freeway, and on Middle street was still a mess. Traffic in my own direction was mostly smooth, but people were a little swervy, checking out all the traffic and not watching where they were going. I was doing it too, to be honest.

It's madness out there! Bosses are going to have to tell their employees not to come in tomorrow if they care at all about their employees and if they care at all about being good citizens. Being on the roads unnecessarily at a time like this does nobody any good.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Wow, John. You guys on the bus did much better than Ryan in his van.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

The constant sounds of blaring sirens of ambulance and fire engines is making me ill. Please God protect everybody from harm. In Jesus mighty name. Amen.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

I can't believe all these cafes and restaurants are closing at the usual time. If I owned any kind of business at all, I'd keep it open and call the radio stations, telling people to come hang out. But everything's shutting down as usual.
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

No business sense.
                              It's magic, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                                I can't believe all these cafes and restaurants are closing at the usual time. If I owned any kind of business at all, I'd keep it open and call the radio stations, telling people to come hang out. But everything's shutting down as usual.
                                I would do the same scrivener. But some people are just in it for the money! It's not about business sense per se. It's about showing compassion at a time when people need it. If I was a business owner in the area, I would be giving out free water bottles, drinks and sandwiches to make the time a bit bearable for them.

Auntie Lynn
                                Last edited by 1stwahine; September 5, 2006, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X