No announcement yet.

NO rental cars on the island right now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO rental cars on the island right now!

I have a client visiting Hawaii right now who just called hoping for an inside tip on a rental car.

"RENTAL CAR?" ummm... are you sure you didn't mean "good place to have drinks?"

Yes, rental car. A quick call to a friend at Enterprise and yes, it appears that there are none left on Oahu due to the heavy load of marathon runners, visiting U2 concert-goers (including my client) and the Triple Crown lurkers.

I think I'm going to stay off the roads this weekend. Period.
    Last edited by christa; December 7, 2006, 04:27 PM. Reason: sometimes i type too fast... and...erm... can't spell
    life is ok sometimes

Re: NO rental cars on the island right now!

Good weekend to coccoon, bake cookies, write Christmas cards, wrap presents, write stories, make a pot of soup and scrub the bathtub grout!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Nope. No Way. Nada. Not even close.

Lucky I'm 1/2 mile from Aloha Stadium. PARTY !!
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Oh lord, that's right. The Marathon is this Sunday.

Eeeek.

Comment

My girlfriend from LA called me last week to let me know that her BF surprised her with a trip to Maui AND a night on Oahu for the U2 concert. They needed a hotel room for just one night and asked if I knew of any vacancies. I pretty much laughed at her because I told her about the Marathon, U2, Triple Crown, not to mention Pearl Harbor visitors.

Still, I called some of my hotel contacts and begged them to call me if any cancellations came up. Luckily, one did, and they'll be checking into one of the Ohana hotels on Saturday. Ohana's definitely better than my couch,that's for sure!
          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
          We're not here to mess around
          Boston, you know we love you madly
          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
          You know we couldn't live without you
          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I think this is the only Sunday of the year when I miss my yoga class--marathon Sunday. Our yogi rides the bus, he's quite the "low-tech guy." On this particular day, I think he gives it a miss, but I'm not 100 percent sure...last year he was in India this time of year, and I don't remember what we did the year before! ommmmmm.
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Bus???

or taxi is a good way to get around.
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                Bus???

or taxi is a good way to get around.
                With the bus you only pay $2 one way.

Depending on where you have to go and how far, taxi fare can definitely create a hole in your pocket, especially during traffic.

Just a ride from HNL Airport to my house in Aliamanu is about $15. Look how close the two are.
                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                We're not here to mess around
                Boston, you know we love you madly
                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                You know we couldn't live without you
                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Here on the Big Island when the Merrie Monarch festival is in town, there are no hotel rooms or rental cars either.

Even on a regular day it can get tight. A friend of mine here hooked me up with a used car dealer that rents out his cars as well. It's Hawaii Cars on Kilauea and this guy's a lifesaver if you need a car in a pinch.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                    With the bus you only pay $2 one way.
                    Sometimes, (it seems more often than not for me), a bus rider can get lucky and obtain a free transfer that has a time expiration far in advance of one's probable (or planned) return trip via TheBus.

Last Wednesday, I took the #56 bus from Kailua to Ala Moana, walked to the Convention center via Kona St., picked up my bib number for the marathon, stayed at the HCC for at least an hour perusing the show booths, walked backed to Ala Moana, and still had over an hour of time remaining on the transfer which allowed me to board the #56 back to Kailua. Worked out to $1 there, $1 back. Pretty good deal when you can get a transfer with extra time on it!

Comment

I was going out to dinner again but I changed my mind. If anyone knows anybody who is having a hard time finding a way to get to the concert and back to their hotel. PM me. I'd gladly pick them up to and fro foa Free, compliments of Hawai'i.

My car can only hold four comfortably.

First come. First Served.

Absolutey NO TIPS!!!

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I just saw U2 in Tokyo, awesome concert, been waiting ten years to be in the right place with enough time to catch them and man it was worth it!
                        But to see them and catch the triple crown, now as a surfer/ surf photographer that would be heaven!

Comment

Originally posted by christa View Post
                          Yes, rental car. A quick call to a friend at Enterprise and yes, it appears that there are none left on Oahu due to the heavy load of marathon runners, visiting U2 concert-goers (including my client) and the Triple Crown lurkers.

I think I'm going to stay off the roads this weekend. Period.
                          This information should be included as an annex to the local news weather report; "The rental car index is at 100% reservations. The roads and highways will be packed with tourists, we recommend that you stay home, and erect some concrete barriers in front of your homes!"

Comment

Working...
                          X