Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LikaNui's new ride

As of about half an hour ago:
    Last edited by LikaNui; March 9, 2008, 11:28 AM.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Re: LikaNui's new ride

WOW!!!!HAHAHAHAHA Go with da wind LikaNui! Or sumting lil dat!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Sweet ride, yo! Zatta HD Soft Tail? Congrats!
      Don't be mean,
      try to help.

Comment

what size rims?

Nice ride!
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Where's the side car? I wanna ride!

Comment

Originally posted by jdub View Post
            The engine is a giveaway that it's not. The engine itself looks like it came out of a Honda Rebel. With that, I'm guessing the rest of the bike is made up of aftermarket parts.

After riding sportbikes with short rakes, when you jump on a Soft Tail, or anything with a long rake (the angle of the front forks), it's really weird. Plus, these bikes can be top-heavy.

Nice ride though. Congrats Lika! Looks like you'll be cruisin' around the island this weekend!
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
              The engine is a giveaway that it's not. The engine itself looks like it came out of a Honda Rebel. With that, I'm guessing the rest of the bike is made up of aftermarket parts.

After riding sportbikes with short rakes, when you jump on a Soft Tail, or anything with a long rake (the angle of the front forks), it's really weird. Plus, these bikes can be top-heavy.

Nice ride though. Congrats Lika! Looks like you'll be cruisin' around the island this weekend!
              Yep. I stand corrected. I clicked the thumb and see that it's not a V-Twin. My bad. Still a sweet ride.
              Don't be mean,
              try to help.

Comment

I'll be lookin' for you, dude!
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                  WOW!!!!HAHAHAHAHA Go with da wind LikaNui! Or sumting lil dat!
                  Thanks, Auntie! And going with the wind is fine... it's "passing wind" that's not so kewl.

Originally posted by jdub View Post
                  Thanks, JDub! You already know part of the answer (courtesy of Pomai), but it's amazing how many people do think it's a Harley!

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  Where's the side car? I wanna ride!
                  I've seen several bikes with sidecars here in Hawaii, but there's none with mine. Have you (or anyone else here) ever ridden in a sidecar? I imagine it's a lot of fun! Noisy, though?

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                  The engine is a giveaway that it's not. The engine itself looks like it came out of a Honda Rebel.
                  Damn fine guess, Pomai! It's a clone of the Honda Rebel 250 engine. I'll post some links in a bit so you can find out about it.

After riding sportbikes with short rakes, when you jump on a Soft Tail, or anything with a long rake (the angle of the front forks), it's really weird.
                  Yeah, I knew it would be different, but sheesh! I've had several bikes, including a Gold Wing and my last one before this, a Honda Shadow Ace. But nothing had raked forks like this. What a difference! Tricky at low speeds, but once you get it moving it's fine. Turning radius is different too, since the new bike has a 73" wheelbase.

Thanks, Pomai. Weather forecast doesn't look that good, though. Gonna be a wet weekend, looks like. Pfffbbbttt.

Comment

wow. now you're super cool!

Comment

Although it looks like a Harley Davidson, the chopper is called a Spyder 250 and was built by well-known motorcycle customizer Johnny Pag of southern California. You can CLICK HERE to see his website and all about the Spyder 250 and its sister bikes. It's a pretty amazing story.
                      The bike has a full-sized chopper frame, with a 73” wheelbase. It weighs in at only 360 pounds… top speed is supposedly 75mph, though I’ve heard rumors of closer to 90mph… and it gets 65 miles per gallon out of its 4.2 gallon tank. But the best is yet to come.
                      Ready?
                      Are you sitting down?
                      The price for a brand new Spyder 250 in Hawaii is… $4,995. No typo there. Only $4,995!!!
                      (And on the mainland they’re about a thousand bucks cheaper!)
                      You can CLICK HERE for the website of the dealer in Honolulu, Doc White Cycles, on Queen Street. (And the black bike on the front page of that website is exactly like mine. I put the photo here, below.)
                      These choppers have gotten excellent reviews from other owners, and that helped convince me to buy one. Also, there’s a brand new review of these motorcycles at this link from RIDER magazine.
                      The Spyder 250 is probably 80% the fun of a stock Harley Davidson but at just 1/4 of the price. And with custom choppers running from $60,000 to well over $100,000, well, you do the math.
                      Last edited by LikaNui; March 9, 2008, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Wow! And still money in the checking account! Dude!
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Lavagal, do you ride? If so... get one!
                          And hey, I know Maddie has been invisible, but if anyone talks to her, tell her to check this out.
                          Another thought... once the SuperFerry starts up and I can take the bike outer-island... WOO-HOO!!!
                          The only "invasive species" I'll bring is ME.

Comment

I'm 38 this year and have been planning to get a bike sometime before I hit 41. That's a sweet price, and a great-looking ride, Lika. I'm going to seriously have to consider. May I ask what you're paying for insurance?
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                              I'm 38 this year and have been planning to get a bike sometime before I hit 41. That's a sweet price, and a great-looking ride, Lika. I'm going to seriously have to consider.
                              Wise idea. And if you're not into choppers and raked front ends, look at their Raptor 300. More of a cruiser bike; easier to ride and more comfortable. And I think it's about the same price! You can click here and my bike is on top and the Raptor 300 is the next one down.

May I ask what you're paying for insurance?
                              Sure you can. You got my permission. Go ahead and ask.

Nah, seriously, I'll let you know Monday when I get it insured. I think it's about $300 per year.
                              Last edited by LikaNui; March 30, 2007, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X