Do you brake-check people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you brake-check people?

When people are tailgating you, do you be a *(insert your word for a "not a nice person")* and brake-check them?

Tonight, I had a minivan riding on my behind (probably 2 inches - gotta love trunkless vehicles). Usually I don't like that, but I was already going over the speed limit, so I just pissed him off and slowed down.

And what I don't get is why people have to speed? It was almost midnight - unless they were going to the ball and their Cinderella was about to be turned back into a witch.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Do you brake-check people?

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
    When people are tailgating you, do you be a *(insert your word for a "not a nice person")* and brake-check them?

Tonight, I had a minivan riding on my behind (probably 2 inches - gotta love trunkless vehicles). Usually I don't like that, but I was already going over the speed limit, so I just pissed him off and slowed down.

And what I don't get is why people have to speed? It was almost midnight - unless they were going to the ball and their Cinderella was about to be turned back into a witch.
    My Pa tells me about what they call "Curtesey lights" in the Philippines. Basically, an offroad light mounted to the rear of the vehicle. Course... that's ILLEGAL here. Thenagain... I could always claim that it's a backuplight for a boat or trailer of somesort hehe.

I tend to slow as well.
    -kp!

Comment

When I was young, stupid and full of myself, jam'em. I learned real quick, the rage can go both ways.

Nowdays, when this grouchy old fart is tailgated and I'm already exceeding the posted speed limit, I gradually slow down to the speed limit and torture them. My observation is that very few actually tailgate maliciously. Most are too busy talking story with passengers or talking on the cel to notice that they're driving too close. The majority end up going around or backing off to a safe distance. The few really stupid ones don't catch on and just keep coming.

Comment

On the very rare occasion someone is behind me....I just get in the other lane or slow and pull over.
        Makes me nervous with kids in the car to have people so close.
        But like I said usually I am out front anyways. I am told I am a NY driver at heart. Whatever that means??
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Nope. Not worth the danger to play games with idiot drivers. No brake-check, no slowdowns (they are likely already p!$$ed off, so why should I add to it while they are wielding a ton or more of weaponry?) Let 'em pass, and keep your own blood-pressure out of the stroke zone.

Comment

i slow down and block them in.
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I was behind a car yesterday that had a bumper sticker that read "I Brake for Tailgaters".

The driver was an elderly man. I suppose he has kids who put that on his car, knowing that he probably drives slow all over town.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I've yet to meet a driver in Hawaii who was skilled enough to keep up with me. So tailgating is never an issue.

Beep-Beep..............>>>>>>>>>>>@@@@@@@@
                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

i rarely drive on the freeway (bcs i pay high rent in town for the joy of not suffering traffic on a daily). but if i am already going 65 in a middle lane and some eftard is tailing my car's okole by a mere yard when he could easily switch lanes to the left...i slow down, usually by downshifting, not using my brakes. and then when said eftard finally switches lanes, i do what the beau taught me: yell, "I WIN!!"

muahahahahaha!!!
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I used to. Nowadays, I just leave them be. If it's really bad, I just pull over -- on the shoulder if necessary -- and let them pass.

Comment

I downshift to slow down too. Sometimes, when the tailgater switches lanes and I feel s/he's going to try to cut in front of me, I block him/her in the lane they got into. But usually I just want them away from me so I just slow down to give them the hint to back off or go around me.

To me, tailgaters aren't that much of a problem. It's inconvenient for me because I'll have to watch my speed and distance from the car in front of me in case they brake suddenly or whatever happens. Then at least I can slow down gradually and hopefully that'll prevent the idiot tailgater from crashing up my okole. It's other folks like no-signal swift lane-switchers, people in trucks or suv's that think they're more important and try to bully smaller vehicles out of their way (which doesn't work on me and usually ends up with me in front of them forcing them to go slow or me blocking them out of a lane they want to be in), that are worse. I think anyway.
                      Last edited by DaFerret; April 5, 2007, 08:51 AM.

Comment

I removed my post early this morning...must have been a gut feeling dat sumting was going to happen today. It did!

Not about brakes...about Road Rage!

Just got home.

MAMA and Antonio were in Leimomi with me. A car driven by a Woman and a male passenger stopped all of a sudden in front of me at the corner of Aala Street and Beretania. The light was green. She continued to move very slowly on Beretania as if not knowing where to go. I gave her the benefit of the doubt. I distance Leimomi from her vehicle. Finally, I got into another lane. We came to the Stop light across Aala Park by the Bus Stop. She looked at me and said "Where did you get your driver's license from? Da Welfare Office?"

MAMA tried to restrain me. Antonio got quiet. No...I didn't get outta Leimomi. I didn't have to. My mouth and eyes was ALL I needed. That few seconds at the Stop Sign was Hell for her!

Yeeeehhhaaaaaa!

rOAD rAGE?

Wat dat?

Have a great day everybody! Drive safe! Keep calm and don't let nothing bring ya down!

Auntie Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Don't brake-check them by stopping your car - you're likely to get rear-ended if they're following too closely. Instead, turn on your head-lights: your rear lights will go on, although not as intensely as stepping on the brakes. That should be enough to cause the idiot to slam on his brakes while you proceed merrily along your way.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                            Don't brake-check them by stopping your car - you're likely to get rear-ended if they're following too closely. Instead, turn on your head-lights: your rear lights will go on, although not as intensely as stepping on the brakes. That should be enough to cause the idiot to slam on his brakes while you proceed merrily along your way.
                            Yep, that's a much safer way for yourself. Or even just ease up on the gas and let your car slow down from road resistance. At some point, the guy in the back is gonna get it. If not, they will try to go around you. Then it's up to you, let'em pass or floor it to block'em off.

Comment

I usually let them pass then I give them a taste of their own medicine.

Comment

Working...
                              X