Wyland paints an Aloha Jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyland paints an Aloha Jet

They named this airplane Kohala'lele or the "Flying Whale".

http://www.pbase.com/aqohana/koholalele
    GO WARRIORS!!

Re: Wyland paints an Aloha Jet

Originally posted by aloha-anon View Post
    They named this airplane Kohala'lele or the "Flying Whale".

http://www.pbase.com/aqohana/koholalele
    I think that's a good beginning for a schtick, and I know Wyland paints beautiful orcas, but orcas don't inhabit Hawai'i waters! Maybe he should be painting humpbacks instead? Or AQ could commission Wyland to paint other Hawaiian fauna and fish, like the nene, the humuhumu, the kole, the manini...can't do Hawaiian native birds because HA already names all its planes for Native Hawaiian birds. I always have seen the Kohala as humpbacks (like Robert Lyn Nelson paints them).

Miulang
    Last edited by Miulang; May 9, 2007, 08:45 AM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

According to the link that aloha-anon provided, the photos show an Aloha jet with dolphins on the nose of the plane and a humpback whale on the tail.

Looks like they are using a 737-700 model for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
        AQ could commission Wyland to paint other Hawaiian fauna and fish, like the nene, the humuhumu, the kole, the manini...
        Looks like there are a few of these on this plane, as best I can tell from the gallery aloha-anon linked to. I see humuhumunukunukuapua`a and (I think) malolo on there.

Comment

Wednesday's Honolulu Advertiser had a photo of the jet in their Business section and Wyland himself got mention in the Island Life section of the paper.

Comment

AQ should do this on all of their planes. Would be a good signature for them. From far away, those spinner dolphins look like orcas to me! Frontier Airlines paints animals found in the Rocky Mountains on the tails of all their airplanes.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Love it kind of like murals in the sky! BTW Aloha has the best on time record at SF airport ~ just a bit of trivia...
              "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Originally posted by greentara View Post
                Love it kind of like murals in the sky! BTW Aloha has the best on time record at SF airport ~ just a bit of trivia...
                It helps when you only have one flight a day... Plus, I think they fly to Oakland, not SFO.
                n'importe

Comment

Originally posted by Kaukura View Post
                  It helps when you only have one flight a day... Plus, I think they fly to Oakland, not SFO.
                  With less frequency one late flight can really ruin your month. (and its three flights a day)
                  GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaukura View Post
                    Yup your correct it is Oakland... and it's Hawaiian Air not Aloha with the best on time record of all carriers. Well at least Aloha has murals...
                    "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Originally posted by aloha-anon View Post
                      With less frequency one late flight can really ruin your month. (and its three flights a day)
                      Thanks . In a mad rush of thought, I confused HA with AQ. HA has one flight to SF, AQ from OAK has HNL, another island and Las Vegas if I remember.

It still raises questions whenever these #'s are released say, HA being #1 in ontime performance in the nation. HA and AQ have a small amount of routes from sun drenched airports to west coast cities where snow, and generally nasty weather are rarely existing vs. airlines such as UA , AA, CO and DL who have more extensive route systems globally and are prone to more delays beyond their control. There is no right or wrong opinion on this, but it always gets mixed opinions though.

anyway, back to topic. I just loved when AQ painted their planes in retro Fun Jet motif. So cool. Complete with flight attendant unforms and all.
                      n'importe

Comment

GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

Is Aloha going to keep the "Funbird" plane as is or will it be painted over back to the current livery? It's great to see the "Funbird" flying in our skies again. I hope it's not painted over.

I know a few years ago Southwest Airlines had a 737 painted like an Orca, though it was not a Wyland plane.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amusing to put an environmental message on something that creates as much pollution as an airplane?

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
                              Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amusing to put an environmental message on something that creates as much pollution as an airplane?
                              I'm amused by the irony.

Honestly, haven't cared about Aloha since they stopped serving routes to and from Molokai.
                              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                              X