X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: table turned on Oahu/U.S. fascUSts, HI demockratic food chain

Originally posted by waioli kai View Post
    Talking about getting fixed up, maybe the Lehman gang will reveal why they led themselves to be led to believe that they had a rock solid fix for their investment futures in Hawai'i. Would a Democrat governor have been so willingly persuaded to screw over neighbor islanders for HSF, Inc Superferry as has been Lingle and crew?
    I don't know if a Democrat governor would have done it. I don't think Cayetano would have but Waihee probably would. Here is the Governor's latest thoughts:
    "My bigger and broader concern is the future of a sense of community in the state. This is giving us a very bad reputation," Lingle told reporters yesterday during a informal news conference at the state Capitol.
    Commenting on last week's Kauai protests at the meeting, Lingle said "it was beyond rude, it was un-Hawaii-like." http://starbulletin.com/2007/09/25/news/story05.html

What does she mean it was "un-Hawaii-like". Like "it sure was different in the plantation days"?

At the meeting in Lihue last week the Governor acknowledged she could have received at least $25,000 in reported campaign contributions from Superferry interets. When the campaign contributions question was first addressed to her she waffled into another topic, then someone in the audience said something to the effect, "On followthemoney.com it says you got at least $25,000 in the last election cycle from Superferry interests, is that true?" And she did not try to deny it but instead offered a % of the total campaign funds reported as a way to make the Superferry monies seem miniscule and insignificant.

There is absolutely no enterprise that compares to capitalists return on their monies as what they profit from investing in politicians. In this case, just talking money terms, they forked over $25,000 to the candidate Governor and they got $40million in return. That's better than a 10,000% return if I got my math right. No businessman can refuse those numbers, but why is it politicians can be had so cheaply? Oh yeah, it's not politicians monies they lavish on their suitors, its the peoples, and "there's more where that came from" the politician assures her suitors.

Hawaii Superferry interests who contributed to Gov. Linda Lingle’s 2006 re-election campaign:
    Hawaii Superferry Chairman John Lehman, $3,000.
    Hawaii Superferry Vice Chairman Tig Krekel, $3,000.
    Hawaii Superferry President John Garibaldi, $2,800 in 2006 and $1,000 in 2004.
    Hawaii Superferry board member and Maui Land & Pineapple Co. CEO David Cole, $4,000.
    David Cole’s wife, Margaret, $6,000.
    ML&P majority stockholder and Superferry investor Steve Case, $3,000.
    ML&P, $1,000.

That gets close to $25,000, at least as regards the Superferry interests reported contributions.
    Last edited by craig foo; September 25, 2007, 05:55 PM. Reason: something happened from Wpad with size and fonts, sorry

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied
    Re: Hawai'i Superferry - Chapter 5

For a minute there, I thought I heard a horrible screeching noise, kind of a cross between fingernails on a blackboard and the sound you hear if someone accidentally stomps on a cat's tail.
    Or stomps on a troll's testicles.
    Assuming said troll even had said accessories.
    Oh well, the sound seems to be quiet for now.
    Last edited by LikaNui; September 25, 2007, 06:22 PM. Reason: Fixed a darned typo, darn the darned thing

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

LikaNui, you wrote to me, "A couple of days ago you claimed you had read every single one of my posts, which is either a total lie, an indication of reading and comprehension failures, or proof of other psychological issues. "

Without citing you by name, this is what I wrote a couple days ago in reference to one of your Superferry distant observations regarding Kauai -- "... (the observation was) a sincere expression which correlates with that observer's previously expressed desires as regards Superferry serving Kauai and Maui to Oahu to appease Honolulu County residents ... ."

Does that imply to you that I read "every single one" of your 3000 plus posts or every single one of your Superferry posts? No offense, but if I was going to spend time reading every single one of someone's posts they certainly would not be yours. For me, your writing is easy to fathom and categorize, it does not require a lot of thought to get your point. No shame, you get your point across, when you have a point to make and if I find it to be stereotypically next to worthless to read that is just my opinion, I am no great writer or thinker either.

The pro-Superferry mindset on Oahu is not significantly different than the pro-Superferry mindset on Kauai. I find each to be of shallow consciousness, self-absorbed and nationalistic to the core, "America, Love or Leave It", "Hawaii is America", "Hawaiians are Racist", "Neighbor Islanders are Ungrateful" ...all pretty predictable products of bigoted capitalists whose wealth is derived from centuries of organized inhumanity toward all who are not vested in the wealth and the debt of the United States.

Were I trolling as you insist I am, why on Earth do you keep taking the lure, if that is what I'm doing? I don't need an answer. It's a rhetorical inquiry. I'm sure all this rhetoric gets your goat once again, but really I am, hopefully, going to cease addressing you, since this thread is about the Superferry, not me and not you. I have discovered the Ignore option in this forum and shall give it a try, maybe you might try the same.
    Last edited by craig foo; September 25, 2007, 05:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mel
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Clearly. I'd-a raised you to have more respect for those whose opinions differ from your own.
    Lucky for me you didn't!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by mel View Post
    You're not my mother Leo.
    Clearly. I'd-a raised you to have more respect for those whose opinions differ from your own.

(And you did make me chuckle with that post, Mel, thank you.)

Leave a comment:

• LikaNui
    replied

Originally posted by craig foo View Post
    Your the one talking my island is better than your island nonsense. (...) don't start berating Kauai residents again if you are serious about stopping "Me betta than you stuff".
    A couple of days ago you claimed you had read every single one of my posts, which is either a total lie, an indication of reading and comprehension failures, or proof of other psychological issues.
    If you had read every post, then you would clearly know that I never once said Oahu is better than any other island. And of course you will be unable to find any such post. Not even one.
    And the only people I "berate" are the protesters who broke the law and endangered who their children, and those who post lies and false "if and maybe" suppositions.
    Any other shots you want to take at lessening your credibility even more than it already is?
    You have just verified what others have already said -- that you are indeed an internet troll.
    Have a real nice day anyway.

Leave a comment:

• mel
    replied

You're not my mother Leo.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

ANAL-yst from afar. A non taxpaying ex-Hawaii resident who plays armchair quarterback in Hawaii affairs from far, far, far away. A pain in the a**.... ANALyst.
    What in hell is that noise????
    Mostly non-sense on your part.
    {yawn}
    So glad to know that we can always count on the moderators of HT to set the respectful tone for the rest of us. (Yeah, yeah, I know - this isn't your part of the forum; but still, it says "moderator" by your name, Mel. Even where you are off-duty.)

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    In a democracy, majority rules. End of story.
    Thank you. Please remind President Gore about that one.

Leave a comment:

• Nords
    replied

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
    After Iwa hit Kauai, 10 years prior to Iniki, the Navy had to send over a nuke sub to literally give Kauai a jump start. The sub had to energize the powerplant's dynamos before they could generate electricity. Without that outside help, Kauai would have been left in the dark until some other power source could be shipped over.
    Is there anyone on this board who was involved in this after Iwa? I'm curious because this subject came up during the Iniki scramble.

I'd heard that USS INDIANAPOLIS was sent over to Kauai but that by the time they were ready to start the attempt, the grid's engineers had figured out a way to bootstrap themselves. Here's one version of the story: http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/4.52.html , scroll down to "Hurricane Iwa".

The reason this sticks in my brain is because the Navy's department of Naval Reactors used to pitch a fit over any military request to use submarine nuclear cores for civilian power applications. Knowing CSP, they would've sent INDY over to Kauai to be ready "just in case" someone could persuade NR to approve the attempt. It was one of Rickover's pet peeves from the 1950s but he'd recently retired so the subject was re-opened for discussion. I didn't learn what the decision was but it the whole request process was considered contentious.

As a couple dozen subs scattered from Pearl Harbor during Iniki, there was some concern that this scenario would repeat itself. IIRC an amphib was sent over to Kauai after Iniki and the sub issue never reared its ugly head.

Leave a comment:

• mel
    replied

.It's hard to imagine having.................

{yawn}

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    table turned on Oahu/U.S. fascUSts, HI demockratic food chain

\quote=mel== " Some people can wait for the EA / EIS to be done. But since it will be a long process, the Superferry cannot wait, sitting at the dock and not generating revenue. If the courts rule that they must wait until after the EA is done, then you can almost bet Superferry will sail away to friendlier waters away from Hawaii and further seal our state's rotten reputation as the worst place in the U.S. to do business. " -- =/quote

It's hard to imagine having such an expensive toy and not being able to play with it. Last we were all told there's another toy just like it getting fixed up to jet through the same waters. Talking about getting fixed up, maybe the Lehman gang will reveal why they led themselves to be led to believe that they had a rock solid fix for their investment futures in Hawai'i. Would a Democrat governor have been so willingly persuaded to screw over neighbor islanders for HSF, Inc Superferry as has been Lingle and crew?

I guess as Hawaii and U.S. taxpayers we should hope Lehman's superferry scheme pans out somewhere so that the governments can together get back the $200 million "lent" to the Lehman cabalUSts to make them cabalUSt$. As militarUSt$' toys go, Lehman's Superferry is bargain basement cheap to build, it's surprising there aren't a few hundred on backorder for the military, every branch could use a few dozen maybe, and by that time there'd surely still be a US war or two or three somewhere where we could put them to lethal use impelling humans to be free and democratic like US.
    Last edited by waioli kai; September 25, 2007, 12:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oceanpacific
    replied
    Re: eulogy, thoroughly humorous and welcomed

Could it be the BRAYING of a jackass? Just asking ...............

Leave a comment:

• mel
    replied

A Pollyanna jingo to ignore. Is it offensive?
    Mostly non-sense on your part.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

A Pollyanna jingo to ignore. Is it offensive?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X