X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawai'i Superferry - Chapter 5

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
    This is not a good sign...Hui-R apparently plans to have nonviolent protests every day HSF sails into Nawiliwili at 3 p.m. down at the harbor.
    Don't any of these people have jobs?

Comment

• Re: Hawai'i Superferry - Chapter 4

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      Why are our friends on the neighbor islands worried about us coming there, when we're not worried about THEM coming HERE? Really, if they think all those drugs are going to just float on in, what about all the weed that'll be coming back? Not to mention fattening doughnuts, nerdy astronomers, and people who insist on calling it "ice shave?" The children! Who will protect our children?!

Speaking of doughnuts, will daytrippers have time to drive from Kawaihae to Tex Drive-In and back?
      :::::::::scowls

I'll be bringin' my posse in our own unmarked vehecals dealing sweet bread all incognito outside of the Old Navy (Ala Moana) and ain't nobaaaaady gonna stop me. Das ryte; I got yer ice shave riiiight here...now where's my aveda, biyyotch??

ANNNDDD I ain't going home in one day! I'm gonna sleep in my car, watching the sunset, as I bring da party down to Nanakuli!

pax

Comment

They aim to be nonviolent.
        Their "aim" was aiming rocks at the vehicles of innocent citizens. You call that nonviolent?!? If one of your beloved protesters rocks broke a window and injured a child, you'd call that nonviolent too?!??

Any violence is the result of the Coast Guard and their attempts to use boat hooks to snag the people in the water.
        Boat hooks are not sharp pointy objects, silly person. They're blunt, and the Coasties use them to RESCUE people in the water. You dare to call that violent?!? You dare to insult these people who risk their own lives daily to rescue people and who save countless lives?
        Stay the hell in Seattle!

And now there are three "martyrs for their cause."
        And now you call three criminals "martyrs"?!?!?
        You're just digging your own hole deeper and deeper.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by dick View Post
          Guess not! Just like on Maui nowadays. You know the stretch of Kaahumanu Ave. from Baldwin HS all the way down to Hana Hwy by Dairy Rd. is near-gridlock almost every day between 9 and about 6:30 during the week in both directions. Every time I go to Maui now, and I'm driving around Kaahumanu Center and see all the cars going in both directions, I always ask myself, "don't these guys have jobs or wot???"

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
            Their "aim" was aiming rocks at the vehicles of innocent citizens. You call that nonviolent?!? If one of your beloved protesters rocks broke a window and injured a child, you'd call that nonviolent too?!??

Boat hooks are not sharp pointy objects, silly person. They're blunt, and the Coasties use them to RESCUE people in the water. You dare to call that violent?!? You dare to insult these people who risk their own lives daily to rescue people and who save countless lives?
            Stay the hell in Seattle!

And now you call three criminals "martyrs"?!?!?
            You're just digging your own hole deeper and deeper.
            Eh Lika, if I wasn't being sarcastic, I wouldn't have put martyrs in quotes. But in nonviolent demonstrations, this is exactly what the demonstrators are looking for. Now they have more ammo to give to their sympathizers. This is also what Gandhi did. The bozos who got arrested were probably the ones throwing the stones. But there were plenty of people who parked and locked their cars and just walked away from them, which blocked the driveway.

Miulang
            Last edited by Miulang; August 27, 2007, 09:13 PM.
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

With Maui temporarily suspended as a destination, Superferry is now free to alter their schedule, offer 2 trips to Kauai and see who shows up at the protests like say 10 or 11 in the morning. If the same people show up at all demos, well they probably aren't employed.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                I know of some great manju on Kaua`i (Lawai Mini Mart); I hear Maui has some ono manju as well, but I've not had it. Certainly better than doughnuts.
                For those on Oahu, Shirokiya is having the 'Island Fair' through this weekend. They brought in both the Maui manju and the Kauai manju. I've had both and prefer the Kauai manju.

link: http://shirokiya.com/cart/shopcore/?...2ae42267a65913
                Last edited by ploal5333; August 27, 2007, 09:33 PM. Reason: link

Comment

Eh Lika, if I wasn't being sarcastic, I wouldn't have put martyrs in quotes.
                  Were you being "sarcastic" when you attacked the Coast Guard too?
                  I noticed you skipped right over my reply to you on that one.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

• Oahu's Pseudo-Intellectual elitUSts infatuated with Hawai'i Superferry - Chapter 5

Originally posted by mel View Post
                    With Maui temporarily suspended as a destination, Superferry is now free to alter their schedule, offer 2 trips to Kauai and see who shows up at the protests like say 10 or 11 in the morning. If the same people show up at all demos, well they probably aren't employed.
                    Worthless, stupid, nothing-else-to-do-kind-of-people, protesting US corporatists' (Oahu's elitUSts' heroes) $uperfascUSterry while living (as Mel suggests) unemployed on Kauai or Maui.... really?
                    Last edited by waioli kai; August 27, 2007, 09:43 PM.

Comment

I was not attacking the Coast Guard; I was merely stating that they were using the boat hooks to try to fish the protesters out of the harbor and that the protestors could have gotten hurt because they were trying to avoid being snatched up; however, if they did get hurt it was because they were illegally trying to avoid being caught. Does that sound like I was attacking the Coast Guard, who was only trying to enforce a federal law? You were the one who was reading it the way you did because you think I don't want HSF. I never said I didn't want HSF, but I DO want at the very least an EA from the DOT.

Miulang

Comment

• $uperfascUSterry cycles ,Re: Hawai'i Superferry - Chapter 5

What would $uperfascUSterry be to LikaNui if he did not have a motorcycle he wanted to take on his every whim to any non-Oahu Hawaiian island he chose?

Comment

No. HSF didn't hire them. That's why they're pissed off and protesting.

Comment

• USist mentality , Re: Hawai'i Superferry - Chapter 5

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
                            No. HSF didn't hire them. That's why they're pissed off and protesting.
                            If that is something other than sarcastic it could act as a matching bookend to Mel's comment.

It has for generations been of USist mentality that "no one lives and dies by or with wholesome ethics: everyone has a price" for which they will bend over. Maybe those who refuse to bend over for corporatUSt$ should no longer deem themselves to be "Americans", but , in truth, those who are of and/or bend over for to please corporatists elitUSti$m are not Americans; instead, they are in league with global, the main benefactors of global, the concluding creators of global (ie, "global" only in the sense of sustaining) "Western" capitalUSi$m.
                            Last edited by waioli kai; August 27, 2007, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                              With Maui temporarily suspended as a destination, Superferry is now free to alter their schedule, offer 2 trips to Kauai
                              Just do one trip to Kauai. Get there in the morning, wait for a few hours and then return to Oahu.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                                Just do one (landing) to Kauai. Get there in the morning, wait for a few hours and then return to Oahu.
                                A great idea. Give at least three hours for all on Kauai who protest superfascUSterry landings and deliveries at Nawiliwili Harbor to responsibly leave their work, getting substitute teachers if need be,,, to sail toward Nawiliwili to show that each single Kauai soul protesting against Lingle et. al superfascUSterrianism at Nawiliwili today represented the vast majority of the residents, voters and their allies who challenge this supposed "democracy".

How much would an elections office officiated popular vote cost the counties of Maui and Kauai, their taxpayers (employed and unemployed)?

What is so undemocratic about putting superfascUSterry dreams, plans , designs, when not outright corporatUSt deceptions and corruptions, to a vote by the residents and their government as to whether or not superfascUSterry landings and deliveries are deemed to be good for the residents onto which such "good" is delivered.

Certainly the cost$ of such a popular polling are less than even this one day's worth of US intergovernmental expenditures to protect when not otherwise project the wealth, reputations and/or legacies of today's corporatUSt$ Hawaii (esp Honolulu, of course) officialdoms and unofficialdoms.
                                Last edited by waioli kai; August 27, 2007, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X