How do you evaluate a toddler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you evaluate a toddler?

MyopicJoe, you just said many mouthfuls! Oh man, posting with people we usually don't know can be a landmine of misunderstandings. It is true, no body language, facial expressions, tone of voice, what words of each sentence given emphasis is void.....I dig reminding people I post with that we may often be misreading each other, to say the least.

It's a lesser miracle we don't have more wars of words when posting, debating and having roundtable talks.

I say we all pat ourselves on the back, or southern-style get someone to hug us, LOL man did that sound dumb, don't care, I'm leavin it.

Now, I think this software is about to tell me I can't use that many faces. LOL...is nonsense fun, or what??
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
      Now, I think this software is about to tell me I can't use that many faces.
      Well, Admin is not a big fan of the faces, he has noted - I use them from time to time, but sometimes I make the effort to get my point across as clearly as possible without them. But we can't completely control how others will read us, something that can be affected by the kind of day the reader is having, for example.

Comment

Easily. My kids are geniuses and gorgeous, every other child in the world is a horrid sprat. Simple as that.
        Burl Burlingame
        "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
        honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Buzz, LOL. Amen...

Leolakio, thanks for expanding on how many reasons we can have word wars on these forums. It is true that the reader filters all we type through not only their mood of the day and hour but through their perceptions because of their past experience with others, people in their 3D world that have possibly spoken just like us, but from a different vantage point.

We that post regularly anywhere on the net without the hangups should pat ourselves on the back. we rock~

Comment

deleting....computer hiccuped cuz of the virus protection....
            Last edited by Karen; April 6, 2008, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rosiev View Post
              I just had our little one attend an evaluation/monitoring session as part of the process for trying to get into a school. He is only 19 months old and going through a phase where he is afraid of strangers - normally he is very social and outgoing, but at this time he is not. However, I was wondering what the evaluator might look for - I mean he is still an unpredictable baby afterall - the process seems a little too pressured unless I am reading this entire thing wrong... Any thoughts?
              We're all individuals and there's something considered the 'norm' for all levels of life.
              All I can say is... encourage everyone's strong points, be it artistic, autistic or otherwise.

It's the odd/strong ones who stand out anyways.

Sure'd be nice to accept me for me and you for you. Know what I mean?
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Rosiev, I came upon this when I was surfing the net for various other things. It's what I would expect an evaluation of toddlers to be. This link is the actual eval. form that is used by some schools, and this one in Culver City, CA.

http://www.ehs.pvt.k12.ca.us/admissi...SchoolEval.pdf

Hope this is of use to you. I sure have found it interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                  They are good kids, so is their mom (my cousin).

The mom is the Matriarch in the family and controlled her kids all the way.

My wife's ex husband also has a Matriarchal mother and as a result he and another brother are still living with mom. The sister is just like her mom and the only other brother to flew the nest is the only one that is financially successful, albeit messed up when it came to rearing his fiance's teenage kids.
                  I had an aunt like that. Wonderful woman but kept her kids and their families on a very short string.
                  "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
                  Socrates.

Comment

I have a neighbor that lives with his mom and he's not in his thirties anymore, but can't guess just what his age is. He yells at her and can't seem to tolerate her much of the time and yet is right under her wing, her house and world. I don't get it, the "still living with" a controlling parent.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                      I don't get it, the "still living with" a controlling parent.
                      Mama's boy plain and simple.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Craig, I suspect that many a controlling mama has a love/hate relationship with her kids. Of course that would go for fathers, too, not being biased here.

I found great satisfaction in standing back and letting our daughters have their space as much as safe and possible at any give age they were at. What it did was to make them then move closer and we had,and still have a very close relationship. Don't get me wrong...I have plenty of faults and am not in denial that I was no perfect parent, while I can say that if I were to die today that my daughters would truly have lost one of their best friends. (their hubbies being their very best, in both cases)

Comment

Working...
                        X